hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    First Team Regular
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: MC_Humo

Retrospective red for The Rangers?

Just seen from the The Rangers game that Wes Foderingham picked up the ball outside his box and stopped a Hamilton tap in. If the referee saw this it would be a straight red so will there be a retrospective red?

I know it's The Rangers so probably not but if it was another team would there be or is that just for dangerous tackles?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Humo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just seen from the The Rangers game that Wes Foderingham picked up the ball outside his box and stopped a Hamilton tap in. If the referee saw this it would be a straight red so will there be a retrospective red?

I know it's The Rangers so probably not but if it was another team would there be or is that just for dangerous tackles?

It certainly should be, but it doesn't help Hamilton now. At 0-0 and Rangers down to 10 men it would've been a different game. The linesman must have seen it.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Should be, won't be.

Hamilton should have been playing nine huns. Instead they played 12, with the extra man also giving them a penalty for no apparent reason to get them started.

Beaton is a former season ticket holder at Ibrox.
    Can't get a retrospective red unless it's violent conduct missed by the ref.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Biggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Beaton is a former season ticket holder at Ibrox.
    Can't get a retrospective red unless it's violent conduct missed by the ref.

I know Scotland's a village, but surely when refs have such blatant affinity to a team, beaten shouldn't be anywhere near a the Rangers game
    "I don't have any regrets about not moving during my playing career. I was born a Hibee, my dad was a Hibee, I will stay a Hibee and I'll die a Hibee." -Lawrie Reilly

First Team Breakthrough RedHibby's Avatar
    Garner should have been off for a serious assault. Disgrace.

@hibs.net private member Argylehibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by magpie1892 View Post
    Hamilton should have been playing nine huns. Instead they played 12, with the extra man also giving them a penalty for no apparent reason to get them started.
    didn't hear the post match interviews but hope Canning called it as it was.

Left by mutual consent!
    Beaton was there to get them to the semi and earn Sevco a much needed £500k. He did them proud.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Same ref who gave them a non-goal when losing to Albion rovers when Moshni clattered the goalie. Also has an issue with us. Hamilton player on the Stuart Cosgrove Tam Cowan show after the game said Beaton had told the manager that he didn't send off Garner because the Hamilton players hadn't made more of it, I mean WTF. Also want to know why the linesman who cheated wasn't named as that is quite simply bent beyond belief.
    Last edited by JimBHibees; 04-03-2017 at 07:07 PM.

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    Surely the compliance officer must take action over that tackle by garner today,

@hibs.net private member Radium's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by staunchhibby View Post
    Surely the compliance officer must take action over that tackle by garner today,
    As the referee has already taken action, having seen the incident, I don't think anything can be done

Quote Originally Posted by JackLadd View Post
    Beaton was there to get them to the semi and earn Sevco a much needed £500k. He did them proud.
    spot on, Beaton can be relied on to deliver unashamedly biased decisions in favour of Sevco, his appointment for this tie was predictable and his reluctance to referee the match in a neutral manner was pre ordained, Hamilton didnt have a hope in hell of winning this one

It's beyond belief that they get away with this blatant cheating, along with their home draws!!

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fat freddy View Post
    his appointment for this tie was predictable and his reluctance to referee the match in a neutral manner was pre ordained, Hamilton didnt have a hope in hell of winning this one
    Reminds me of the one and only good thing that Harry Potter has done in his career, when he went to Greyskull with Dundee U and said out loud after the game that there was no possible way that they could have won it. Can't remember who the ref was - there's been so many over the years that the same criticism could have been applied to.

And I'm still reeling that The Fat Hun Boyd got away scot free with a forearm smash on Zemmama!

Quote Originally Posted by Argylehibby View Post
    didn't hear the post match interviews but hope Canning called it as it was.
    He called the three major incidents out in the press room but was remarkably restrained. I think he knew that Hamilton were never going to be allowed to get a result today. Shades of South Korea v. Spain at WC2002 about this one.

Even Derek Ferguson said the ref bottled it.....once for the Fotheringham hand ball and then the Garner attack.

Quote Originally Posted by fat freddy View Post
    spot on, Beaton can be relied on to deliver unashamedly biased decisions in favour of Sevco, his appointment for this tie was predictable and his reluctance to referee the match in a neutral manner was pre ordained, Hamilton didnt have a hope in hell of winning this one
    Sums it up I'm afraid to say.

Sometimes there can be excuses made for 'poor refereeing', today was a different level of outright cheating to ensure the huns got through.

glory glory

Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    Reminds me of the one and only good thing that Harry Potter has done in his career, when he went to Greyskull with Dundee U and said out loud after the game that there was no possible way that they could have won it. Can't remember who the ref was - there's been so many over the years that the same criticism could have been applied to.
    May 2008. Mike McCurry was the ref. Danny Swanson had a goal chalked off because it was against rangers, and when Mark de Vries scored later in the game, he said to the ref: 'was that one OK?' for which he got booked.
    Last edited by magpie1892; 04-03-2017 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Edit - correction

Beaton should be congratulated at the lodge tonight for a fine hat trick.

Quote Originally Posted by Humo View Post

Would it definitely have been a straight red?

With some of the rules around denying a clear scoring opportunity changing, would it be a clear cut red?

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    The win only gives them enough money to pay off Warburton and Co

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    The win only gives them enough money to pay off Warburton and Co
    Not even close...

@hibs.net private member
    Won't be, not for DaOGO.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Would it definitely have been a straight red?

With some of the rules around denying a clear scoring opportunity changing, would it be a clear cut red?

A foul outside the box that denies an obvious goal scoring opportunity is deemed a red. In the box is a yellow as long as there's a genuine attempt to play the ball. I think...

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey09 View Post
    A foul outside the box that denies an obvious goal scoring opportunity is deemed a red. In the box is a yellow as long as there's a genuine attempt to play the ball. I think...
    I think that's right. That's why McGregor challenge at the Derby was a yellow. If that had been a yard further out he may have been off. They wouldn't have got the penalty right enough.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by magpie1892 View Post
    May 2008. Mike McCurry was the ref. Danny Swanson had a goal chalked off because it was against rangers, and when Mark de Vries scored later in the game, he said to the ref: 'was that one OK?' for which he got booked.
    That's the one

Considering they won 6-0, Sevco were a long way from being impressive, and Garner and Foderingham should have been off, but Hamilton's defending was woeful. Players like Garner and Clint Hill are second rate players who were made to look good today. Depending on the draw I've seen nothing that makes me think that Sevco team is anything out of the ordinary, and we can definitely beat them. Aberdeen are a bit erratic, but if they bring their A game they'll beat Sevco, and Celtic would just destroy them on what I've seen.

A retrospective red card for The Rangers player? What's wrong with this? See below.

Linesman only feet away. Unbelievable he stays on the pitch. How's that decision a "mistake"? Sorry, but I just don't buy that.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Red hand before any red cards.