hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: That tackle

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar

That tackle

What was the guy thinking about? He almost took SJM's head off. I was right in line with it and I couldn't believe what I was watching. There wasn't even that much danger.

United we stand here....

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What was the guy thinking about? He almost took SJM's head off. I was right in line with it and I couldn't believe what I was watching. There wasn't even that much danger.
    Don't think any malice. Just think he was going for the ball without really thinking what he was doing. Silly foul and reckless

Testimonial Due Booked4Being-Ugly's Avatar
    Horrendous tackle, he was out to maim someone today and gave the ref no option. Should have been booked for his horror tackle on Holt as well in the 1st few mins.

What did sportsound/ McCall have to say about it? Looked high, rash and more or less from behind? Came in at some speed too.

Quote Originally Posted by RoYO! View Post
    What did sportsound/ McCall have to say about it? Looked high, rash and more or less from behind? Came in at some speed too.
    McCall didnt think it was a red..😮

Quote Originally Posted by RoYO! View Post
    Sportsound said SJM was too good and quick for him rather than malice, agreed it was straight red

One of the worst I've ever seen. Couldn't believe my eyes.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Booked4Being-Ugly View Post
    Horrendous tackle, he was out to maim someone today and gave the ref no option. Should have been booked for his horror tackle on Holt as well in the 1st few mins.
    Agree boy was on a mission totally deliberate hurting Holt early doors.

Did he slip or was it just a shocker ?

Surprised McGinn was still alive - looked terrible and a straight red so well done ref for that.

The guy should have had a yellow for the 1st minute challenge on Holt

Just off the phone to John Beaton. He thinks it was a fk to Ayr because McGinns chest had the audacity to hit the boys boot.

Absolutely shocking tackle and I did worry that McGinn was badly injured. Very dangerous and could have been a serious injury. Straight red every day of the week, its not even debatable.

Same boy who absolutely clattered Holt in the 1st minute.

Houston has called mcginn out for yet another dive...

It was a bad tackle and a deserved red card.

But I though it was one of those that actually looks worse than it was. SJM got to the ball first, nudged it away from him and since the defender had committed SJM ended up taking what could have been a very sore one.

@hibs.net private member
    He should get an extra ban for such reckless tackle. As for McCall not thinking it was a red he really needs to have a word with himself

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Booked4Being-Ugly View Post
    If the ref had given him a yellow for his bad challenge on Holt in the first minute, the chances are he would not have gone for McGinn the way he did. That is what happens if you let them away with challenges early doors.

Quote Originally Posted by West lower View Post
    If the ref had given him a yellow for his bad challenge on Holt in the first minute, the chances are he would not have gone for McGinn the way he did. That is what happens if you let them away with challenges early doors.
    Exactly. He absolutely clattered Holt. I'm actually surprised Holt carried on as when he went off he looked really dazed.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    He should get an extra ban for such reckless tackle. As for McCall not thinking it was a red he really needs to have a word with himself
    McCall can have absolutely no complaints, dreadful challenge. I was surprised to see him complaining, everybody in the stadium could see it was a straight red. Even the player himself didn't protest.

Anyone else and I would have said he was a bit unlucky. Not with the red card but more in the sense it was rash and reckless as opposed to malicious.

Given his early challenge on Holt and then the McGinn incident however I think he's a prick who was out to do someone.

He could have put McGinn in a wheelchair. Boy should be ashamed.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainstandman View Post
    Sportsound said SJM was too good and quick for him rather than malice, agreed it was straight red
    I'd agree with that. John had no right to win that ball, but he did

Disgraceful tackle motivated by malice which could have led to a serious injury.

Those tackles are not dished out by hardmen - just players who are frightened someone is getting the better of them. D!ck.

i would extend the ban on that fanny as well.

Saw it on Sportscene, much worse than I thought at the match. Boy's intention was to clear all living tissue.

Probably would not have done it, had the ref booked him in the first minute for the deliberate marker he left on Holt.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    The tackle of an out of control amateur, and wild, mistimed challenges like that are highly dangerous. To hit someone with that force in their midriff could result in a real serious damage to someone's inner organs.

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Saw it on Sportscene, much worse than I thought at the match. Boy's intention was to clear all living tissue.

Probably would not have done it, had the ref booked him in the first minute for the deliberate marker he left on Holt.
    It was dreadful. Even though you know John gets up and is Okay, I still winced every time I watched it. Horrible assault.
    ​#PERSEVERED

Gets worse every time you see it, one of those tackles that makes you absolutely furious, I was going nuts at the game.

Testimonial Due Booked4Being-Ugly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    The tackle of an out of control amateur, and wild, mistimed challenges like that are highly dangerous. To hit someone with that force in their midriff could result in a real serious damage to someone's inner organs.
    His challenge on Holt was equally as bad IMO, going through the back of someone's shoulders at full pelt could have caused a serious neck injury.

The ref should be looking at himself for not booking the boy for the Holt challenge. I couldn't believe he got away with that. Because he'd let that one go, I was initially worried he might only pulled out the yellow for the SJM shocker.

As for the Ayr boy, he should be ashamed of himself. I'd like to think he apologised to SJM at half or full time.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    It was horrendous, but, having seen the replay, I'm not sure whether it was his intention or whether McGinn was just too quick for him. A certain red card either way.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    It was horrendous, but, having seen the replay, I'm not sure whether it was his intention or whether McGinn was just too quick for him. A certain red card either way.
    Doesn't matter, it was a full force flying tackle. Belly-high!! But I can't see how you do that by accident, was the height of it.

Was more in disbelief than angry at the game. Angry seeing it tho, boy should miss a couple more games IMO. Mental tackle.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Ayr are a team of thugs. The boy Adams they've got is particularly bad, he just charges about the park for 90 minutes fouling players. The guy that got sent off yesterday must've just been trying to make up for his absence.