hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Holt

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There have been a few comparisons between Holt and Craig Brewster recently and I think they are fair and accurate.

Brewster wasn't hugely appreciated whilst he was here and he didn't score a lot of goals for us. But we had a horrible run of form when he was out of the side and after he left we went on to appreciate his importance to the side and the effect that he had on some of our younger strikers, Garry O'Connor in particular.

In years to come we'll really appreciate what Holt brought to us, and Cummings will speak glowingly of him in 20 years time.

how I recall it: Brewster looked really sharp with us, but struggled to find the net..he seemed to be really unlucky - hitting post, bar, great saves etc...He was just finding some real form when he got injured. We spent the rest of the season struggling, got him fit - and then promptly let him go - the rest as the say is history...he always looks a top class pro..

Holt is further towards end of his career, yet his commitment and impact still makes a big difference...he takes a lot of attention away from Cummings to allow him more freedom on the pitch...good signing, needs to add a few goals to help us win this league.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    how I recall it: Brewster looked really sharp with us, but struggled to find the net..he seemed to be really unlucky - hitting post, bar, great saves etc...He was just finding some real form when he got injured. We spent the rest of the season struggling, got him fit - and then promptly let him go - the rest as the say is history...he always looks a top class pro..

Holt is further towards end of his career, yet his commitment and impact still makes a big difference...he takes a lot of attention away from Cummings to allow him more freedom on the pitch...good signing, needs to add a few goals to help us win this league.
    According to Wikipedia, he scored 3 goals in 25 appearances for hibs. Hibs didn't let him go. He was offered a 1 year contract but Dunfermline offered 2 years and slightly more money (they almost went down the tubes not long after). He was gutted to leave Hibs but financially had no choice.

So glad to have the big guy here.

Quote Originally Posted by northstandhibby View Post
    Grant if your'e looking in the vast majority of us realise how good you are and really appreciate the hard work you are doing as a target front man for us. Personally I think you will be remembered as a cult hero for many years to come. You led by example against the 'big team' and bullied them and tormented them and it was a memorable historic game.

Keep up the sterling good work Holty!!! Legend.

glory glory
    In a nut shell.

I love Holty

Big man led the line superbly yesterday. Didn't appreciate how much while at the game (maybe due to the 6 pints pre-game 😀) but really came across in the highlights. Must start on Friday sure he'll be a nuisance the United centre halves will not be looking forward to.