hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The problem with the SFA wanting an old firm final (if that is the case) is.....rangers are crap. They can put them against us but that's certainly not a guaranteed win and Aberdeen would probably beat them.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Celtic v Sevco is best for us. While the teams are mismatched, the fact that it's a derby will level the playing field a little bit. I've got no doubt we'll hammer the Huns in the final, and to do it 2 years in a row would be oh so sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Doddie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think there's any doubt about it - if we're drawn against The Rangers there WILL be trouble.

And I'd expect the Mason in the Middle and his sidekicks to make absolutely certain that we have a snowball's chance in a very hot place of beating them.
    I agree.

Also, the bit in bold - after Beaton and his assistants disgraceful performance at Greyskull yesterday, who can now doubt that there's something rotten in our game? See below.

Hopefully celtic go out today but unfortunately I can't see it. A very very strong team who are cruising at the moment and sweeping teams aside with ease every week. Sadly, I hate to say it but i'd be very surprised if they didn't win the SC. But hey, in a one off game who knows, stranger things have happened!

Would take the huns in the semi-final. If the yams can beat them 4-1 then we sure as hell can beat them as well. I don't think they are anything to be scared of. Police Scotland might not be very happy if that draw came out the hat today though

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 21.05.2016 View Post
    Hopefully celtic go out today but unfortunately I can't see it. A very very strong team who are cruising at the moment and sweeping teams aside with ease every week. Sadly, I hate to say it but i'd be very surprised if they didn't win the SC. But hey, in a one off game who knows, stranger things have happened!

Would take the huns in the semi-final. If the yams can beat them 4-1 then we sure as hell can beat them as well. I don't think they are anything to be scared of. Police Scotland might not be very happy if that draw came out the hat today though
    A few folk have suggested this but I think any of the three remaining teams against Sevco is a nightmare for the police. I don't think our Cup Final debacle picks us out as a particular source of trouble.

I've just re-read what I wrote and feel I should add, 'if Celtic and Aberdeen get through'.
    Last edited by Jim44; 05-03-2017 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    A few folk have suggested this but I think any of the three remaining teams against Sevco is a nightmare for the police. I don't think our Cup Final debacle picks us out as a particular source of trouble.
    I was saying this earlier on to friends, there's a common denominator here. If we draw celtic, Aberdeen or Partick the game passes with next to no trouble. Regardless of who the huns draw their is guaranteed trouble yet their fans are never to blame.

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    St Mirren would be nice.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    I never understand the fascination around these draws being fixed or corrupt. Whether rangers and Celtic draw each other or avoid each other it gets classed as an obvious SFA fix...

Celtic V Sevco
    Patrick thistle V Hibs
    It's human nature to think there's a bit of hanky panky at times but the SFA couldn't risk fixing draws. Imagine if one of the ball pickers blew the gaff at a later stage. I'm not being innocent or naive but these conspiracy theories are bull.

Draw on Sky Sports HQ channel at 5.30

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    It's human nature to think there's a bit of hanky panky at times but the SFA couldn't risk fixing draws. Imagine if one of the ball pickers blew the gaff at a later stage. I'm not being innocent or naive but these conspiracy theories are bull.
    The SFA couldn't fix a draw full stop. They can barely make a run of the mill draw without some sort of circus rearing its head, so how folk think they would have the craft and guile to actually fix a draw is beyond me!

The SFA couldnt organise a pi55 up in a brewery, but they do manage to get the right refs for the right games.

Yep.

They clearly were fixed in the olden days when the semi final draw was made behind closed doors and Celtic and Rangers never drew each other but that doesn't happen nowadays. I'd still be happier if they stirred the balls before the draw though!

Barring a disaster for A'deen, which I can't see, we'll be the underdogs in the semis whoever we play so we should just enjoy it and prepare to get ripped into whoever it is in that one-off.

In the meantime let's focus on the league. We have the advantage but anybody who puts a strong run of wins can do it as everbody (including us) are stuttering.