hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ladystanton View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You are spot on with your post Onion, that is how I feel and have decided to give it a miss today as I feel let down with the players performances over the last few league games.
    Seriously? The team that are the current cup holders? That's the spirit.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Ayr UTD are not a big team and this is in no way a "glamour" tie so i have the same mentality as our team....im not going to bother turning up

Testimonial Due green with envy's Avatar
    Like most i was pretty pissed of when i exited the game on Wednesday, but i've since dusted myself down and now looking forward to it.

@hibs.net private member mutley's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: mutley074
    It has been p155ing down all morning, wasn't looking forward to going out in that, but seems to be clearing up, so time for a spot of breakie, few wee diy jobs, then off to ER for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    In two minds about watching Hibs at 3pm on a Saturday? Never in a million years.

I'd actually been swithering all week. Moving house shortly and got stuff needing done, weather forecast is crap, belts being tightened for a couple of reasons and so on.

Decided yesterday it was a bit of a daft game to miss so added a ticket to my ST card. Looking forward to it now.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Not a ST holder. Get along to as many games as work and other activities allow. Got my ticket for today and hoping for a good win.

@hibs.net private member
    Really hope the ST holders who haven't committed to attend come.

I don't know about anyone else but I want to be at Hamden park in April.. preferably against the newco Huns.. how good would giving them it again be.. get yourself along today and cheer us on to Hamden..

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Ticket bought and family issue now cropped up meaning I'm missing this afternoon. Need to sort stuff out here but gutted at missing this cup tie.

Quote Originally Posted by ladystanton View Post
    You are spot on with your post Onion, that is how I feel and have decided to give it a miss today as I feel let down with the players performances over the last few league games.
    Wait a min, so because of two bad performances you will miss today's game? That's the spirit, chuck a tantrum and pie the current cup holders. I've read some brutal posts on here lately but this is up there.

Can understand folk who maybe have other commitments like work etc or can't afford it. But seriously give yourself a shake and back the team. If we reached the final would you pie that as well if we weren't playing well leading up to it...... Didn't think so!

@hibs.net private member
    I was as p**sed of as I can remember with Hibs when I walked out of Paisley. Unfortunately, it was very predictable given the league form of the team and the formation chosen by Lennon. I'll still be giving it my best today going to ER and paying the admission whilst shouting on my heroes. Let's hope the team and manager give us something to shout about.

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Wait a min, so because of two bad performances you will miss today's game? That's the spirit, chuck a tantrum and pie the current cup holders. I've read some brutal posts on here lately but this is up there.

Can understand folk who maybe have other commitments like work etc or can't afford it. But seriously give yourself a shake and back the team. If we reached the final would you pie that as well if we weren't playing well leading up to it...... Didn't think so!
    Lets be honest though, its not really 2 bad performances is it

How anyone can be in two minds about going today is beyond me. If you can go and don't have anything else to do and can afford it why would you not be there to back the boys?

Prob same folk who'd be squealing like little kids about tickets if we reached another final!!

Quote Originally Posted by pedroorange1875 View Post
    Lets be honest though, its not really 2 bad performances is it
    So that justifies it? You don't chuck your team because of it, we are holders and correct me if I'm wrong 7 clear at the top?

So that justifies it? You don't chuck your team because of it, we are holders and correct me if I'm wrong 7 clear at the top?
    Yes it does justify it. I cant sit and watch slow boring pedestrian football anymore, with no plan other than to play along the back at snails pace for the majority of the games, we should be 27 points ahead never mind 7...and lets not kid ourselves this has been the fare for 1 season only....its not against an A grade team today we will win this easy so ill not need to bother turning up...thats the teams mentality so it will do for me

Why does anyone have to justify to anyone else why they choose to attend, or not attend, a football match?

@hibs.net private member Malthibby's Avatar
    Meybes shows we are getting spoiled with our cup runs; 1/4 final at home?
    Don't know if I have ever missed one out of choice & I'm certainly not today, myself
    and the wee man, his mum & her mum & even looking forward to it.

If we supported based on results ER would have been flats a long time ago.
    For better or worse. Divorce not an option, although heavy drinking often essential.
    GG

@hibs.net private member hibee_nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    Why does anyone have to justify to anyone else why they choose to attend, or not attend, a football match?
    They don't but this is how we are ateam of fair weather fans. Fervent not are we as yoda would say.
    45 AND RISING

Quote Originally Posted by hibee_nation View Post
    They don't but this is how we are ateam of fair weather fans. Fervent not are we as yoda would say.
    I would never accuse the huge majority of Hibs fans of being "fair weather fans". 11,300+ season tickets sold in our third year in this s*** league.

Quote Originally Posted by pedroorange1875 View Post
    Yes it does justify it. I cant sit and watch slow boring pedestrian football anymore, with no plan other than to play along the back at snails pace for the majority of the games, we should be 27 points ahead never mind 7...and lets not kid ourselves this has been the fare for 1 season only....its not against an A grade team today we will win this easy so ill not need to bother turning up...thats the teams mentality so it will do for me
    I can't believe this!!

I would never accuse the huge majority of Hibs fans of being "fair weather fans". 11,300+ season tickets sold in our third year in this s*** league.
    Off the back of a cup win...and more than a few will have been for a final ticket. We have an element of fair weather fans like everyone else.

People not going simply because we aren't playing well is a joke.

Others who work or can't make it for others genuine reasons would love to get along today. My mate being one!

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    In two minds about watching Hibs at 3pm on a Saturday? Never in a million years.
    Nailed it.

I can't believe this!!
    whats not true about it?

First Team Breakthrough
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibdan12 PSN ID: n/a Wii Code: n/a
    So we have had a few bad performances so what! Last time I checked it's called being a supporter. Give yourselfs a shake and get behind the team!

If you asked before last years final if we win will you fill ER next season at home to Ayr to get back to Hampden the resounding answer would be hell yes. Fair weather fans we are.
    45 AND RISING

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Off the back of a cup win...and more than a few will have been for a final ticket. We have an element of fair weather fans like everyone else.
    The bit in bold - I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by hibee_nation View Post
    If you asked before last years final if we win will you fill ER next season at home to Ayr to get back to Hampden the resounding answer would be hell yes. Fair weather fans we are.
    The bit in bold - that's an over generalisation.

Speaking personally, I've turned up at ER some days where less than 5,000 hardy souls were scattered over a huge stadium. I'm not looking for a medal though.

If this was a league game i would not care what the crowd was 10,000 big deal.But the defence of the cup i was hoping it meant alot to us obviously not.I am disappointed but not surprised.
    45 AND RISING

First Team Regular
    The standard of football in this s..T league
    Is much the same as the league above us with the exception of Celtic