hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    First Team Breakthrough

Are you still in two minds about going tomorrow?

Anybody still dithering about going to the game tomorrow, then I suggest you go to the vault and spend a couple of mins on this.

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?3...ges-and-Videos

2. Log in to remove the advert

I can't understand anyone who goes week in week out, commits hundreds to STs every season but doesn't bother going to see the cup holders in 1/4 of the cup, it's up to the individual of course but I don't get it.

I'm an ST holder fae Fife.Cannae go cos I'm skint.sometimes food,gas & leccy are more Important than football when your down to your last few quid.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    After the 2007 SC game v Dunfermline we didn't return to Hampden in a semi final for five years.

Tomorrow gives us a chance to make our sixth semi final in five years. It's not going to last forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can't understand anyone who goes week in week out, commits hundreds to STs every season but doesn't bother going to see the cup holders in 1/4 of the cup, it's up to the individual of course but I don't get it.
    the pathetic display against St Mirren probably made 3,000 folk decide they had alternative things they'd rather do.

@hibs.net private member
    I'll be going because I go to all the games.

But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't already thinking about the game at Tannadice.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    I'll be going because I go to all the games.

But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't already thinking about the game at Tannadice.
    you need to take going one game at a time......

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Weather looks dreadful, Ayr isn't a game to get the heart racing, and we've been poor in our last two games.....
    But it's the Hibees, it's the Scottish cup quarter final, and a win gives us another Hampden day out!
    HERE WE GO, TWO IN A ROW!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We're the holders of the Scottish Cup for the first time in 114 years and we're at home against a team we SHOULD beat (I'm aware of our recent record against them) and get back to Hampden.

If you're in a position to go, get yourself down to Easter Road this afternoon.

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Added today's game to my season ticket before the midweek debacle. I'll be there.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    Added today's game to my season ticket before the midweek debacle. I'll be there.
    Ditto - and a couple of post match beers with mates who are also at the game, where can it possibly go wrong?

On way up fi sunny London - will be gutted if we play like we did against St. Mirren but always the optimist!

I'm totally convinced our last game in this Cup run will be at Hampden - hopefully in May!!

GGTTH

First Team Regular ArmadaleHibs's Avatar
    It seems a lot of fans are doing to the team what some of the players are doing. Not giving 100%. Were all in it together. I was at paisley on Wednesday and it was utter garbage. I'll still be there today.

Ggtth

Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    Last 2 results and poor performances have dented folk's mood and attitude to today's game, and has probably knocked thousands off todays' crowd. Despite being holders, the Scottish Cup for the first time in decades means little compared to the league where we are faulting. Who would have thought ?

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    If ever there was a remedy for the disappointment of waking up early on a weekend it's spending the extra time going through 14 pages of this amazing weekend.

A few links no longer work, but some sensational footage.

This even had me a little concerned when going through the tweets:

"82' Gray is in discomfort after a superb challenge on Sheils to halt a Rangers attack. Gunnarsson prepares to come on..."

Thankfully...

"83' Gray is okay to continue and Hanlon is subbed off, and on comes Gunnarsson 2-2"

Come on Hibs! Let's get ourselves back to Hampden.
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by RagingReality View Post
    After the 2007 SC game v Dunfermline we didn't return to Hampden in a semi final for five years.

Tomorrow gives us a chance to make our sixth semi final in five years. It's not going to last forever.
    Why can't it? We are currently the fourth biggest team based on attendances, when we get promotion our club will grow stronger and we will cement our place in the top echelons of Scottish football.
    Last edited by lucky; 04-03-2017 at 10:07 AM.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Last 2 results and poor performances have dented folk's mood and attitude to today's game, and has probably knocked thousands off todays' crowd. Despite being holders, the Scottish Cup for the first time in decades means little compared to the league where we are faulting. Who would have thought ?
    You are spot on with your post Onion, that is how I feel and have decided to give it a miss today as I feel let down with the players performances over the last few league games.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by houstonhibbee View Post
    the pathetic display against St Mirren probably made 3,000 folk decide they had alternative things they'd rather do.
    Nonsense.

I think Ayr's injury problems will mean we will be too good for them today.

Weather isn't looking to bad now.. get yourself along..💚💚👍

Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    Weather looks dreadful, Ayr isn't a game to get the heart racing, and we've been poor in our last two games.....
    But it's the Hibees, it's the Scottish cup quarter final, and a win gives us another Hampden day out!
    HERE WE GO, TWO IN A ROW!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    not so seems to be dry all afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
    I'm an ST holder fae Fife.Cannae go cos I'm skint.sometimes food,gas & leccy are more Important than football when your down to your last few quid.
    Tap your old man Thats what he is there for 🏆

First Team Regular
    Looks like many of our fairweather fans/supporters are downing tools today. This will lead to a smaller crowd,but much better atmosphere provided by those with Hibs in their blood .
    I dont think I have many years left, but will still sacrifice more than eight hours of my life to see my beloved Hibernian attempting to retain a cup which took the club 114 years to win.

GGTTH

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: stevesyb
    Will the ticket pods be selling tickets?

21st May 2016 was probably the best day of my life.

The next day in Leith brought home the reality of what our team had achieved. Hibs supporters turned out in their tens of thousands to back the team. The scenes of unbridled celebration down The Walk, in Leith Links and inside countless pubs will live in our memories forever.

We follow on this year by pumping the jumbos to reach the quarter finals as we sit 7 points clear on top of the league. Neil Lennon and our team were once again proclaimed heroes and seranaded off the pitch to another full blooded rendition of Sunshine on Leith. I get back to London and a random tube driver tells me he saw SoL on the internet and couldn't believe how passionate the Hibs support was - it made the hairs stand up on the back of his neck .

So.... Yes... just like the run up to the 21st May ... we've seen a couple of poor results come our way but FFS!!

Quote Originally Posted by RagingReality View Post

You've brought back all sorts of horrible memories of that game

Quote Originally Posted by sbell1875 View Post
    Will the ticket pods be selling tickets?
    Yes they are. Details here

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7343

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: stevesyb
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Yes they are. Details here

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7343
    Thank you. In 2 minds to go purely down to my current condition. I fear 2 hours+ out in that weather will make this man flu far worse than it currently is!

Thank you. In 2 minds to go purely down to my current condition. I fear 2 hours+ out in that weather will make this man flu far worse than it currently is!
    Man up. I was under the weather on wed night and went and still not great today but nothing is going to stop me going.

Forecast was bad but the weather seems to be a lot more mild than expected

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/w...cast/gcvwrgyv3

Think the rains already stopped for the day as well