hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    johnbc70
    Left by mutual consent!
    Has anyone asked why the lift can't just be operated for the few hours required on match days, or have I missed some detail as to why not.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    Quote Originally Posted by stuart-farquhar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anytime I've gone down outside match days i always think some sort of wee cafe would be nice at the stadium. Maybe when relocating bars it can be given some consideration.
    Would be cool to have a pop-up festival-style marquee set up for match days in the space behind the east stand. Have a couple of bars, food outlets and cafés along with seating for fans to gather and get a pint or coffee and a decent bite to eat.

Quote Originally Posted by ColinNish View Post
    Money talks I'm afraid. BTG and hospitality suites in FF are dead weight during the week and if they can lease this out to someone or something else to bring in money, then so be it. BTG is crap anyway.
    correcto

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by adhibs View Post
    I dont realy see the problem, its not like there wont be access to the stadium for those with mobility problems. The email even points out that the club will assist in relocating to suitable areas.
    The people this affects are in the minority.
    Yes the club will relocate them, but how many good seats will there be, given the high no of season ticket holders who will renew their seats.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    The health hub is part of a partnership between the club and the NHS. The decision to block access to the lift won't have been taken lightly, but while I appreciate that a (relatively small) number of people will be inconvenienced, all other parts of the stadium are accessible to wheelchair users (as well as others with mobility problems) and they've been invited to contact the club to find suitable solutions.

The health hub is a community initiative and something which should be applauded IMO. Change can sometimes be a pest, but you have to look at the bigger picture.
    It should be applauded but I was under the impression it was going to be in the South stand. There is loads of empty space in the stadium so why take away a function area and supporters bar to accommodate this?

Again, we're only going on hearsay so until we know the exact details it's all a bit hypothetical.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Emerald View Post
    It should be applauded but I was under the impression it was going to be in the South stand. There is loads of empty space in the stadium so why take away a function area and supporters bar to accommodate this?

Again, we're only going on hearsay so until we know the exact details it's all a bit hypothetical.
    I doubt the club would spend money to relocate bars etc. If there was another viable option.

Quote Originally Posted by gloryhunter View Post
    Probably cause you don't need the lift and it doesn't affect you?
    It doesnt, but like i said it isnt like peoole who require the lift are being abandend by the club. If leanne sees this decision as bringing benefits, then surely thats more important than the exact location of the piece of hard plastic that people watch the game from.

Has the club considered people who purchase a season ticket who would unexpectedly require access to a lift at any point throughout the season? Anyone can pick up injuries/health issues at any point so this strikes me as a strange move from the club.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee92 View Post
    Has the club considered people who purchase a season ticket who would unexpectedly require access to a lift at any point throughout the season? Anyone can pick up injuries/health issues at any point so this strikes me as a strange move from the club.
    What do these people do just now, if they're not in the Famous Five stand?

Tell you what. They better not be thinking about closing the lift to the West Upper.
    Yes. Health is important but for some old codgers, the lift in either FF Upper and West Upper is essential.
    Also, and I might be wrong, are there not wheelchair spaces at the front of FF Upper. Surely a lift is a must for those fans?

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbc70 View Post
    Has anyone asked why the lift can't just be operated for the few hours required on match days, or have I missed some detail as to why not.
    This is a good point in fact most modern lifts can have floors locked out etc, why couldn't they do something like that while the stadium is open to fans on match days. Everyone is happy :D

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibeeg
    It would appear they've not actually considered the people that already use it so I would imagine they've not considered possible future users either.

I don't agree with the view that it's only a few people so not an issue, what if one guy sits with a big group of mates and they don't all want to or can't move together, people who have had season tickets for 10/20 years get to know everyone around them and enjoy the day more because of that, they shouldn't be forced out by the club without being consulted.

Quote Originally Posted by hibee View Post
    It would appear they've not actually considered the people that already use it so I would imagine they've not considered possible future users either.

I don't agree with the view that it's only a few people so not an issue, what if one guy sits with a big group of mates and they don't all want to or can't move together, people who have had season tickets for 10/20 years get to know everyone around them and enjoy the day more because of that, they shouldn't be forced out by the club without being consulted.
    So the club should not consider new ventures because it would inconvenience one fan who wants to sit with his pals?? They club aren't stopping these guys attending so I fail to see any issue with this. Consultation = Leeann - 'mr season ticket holder we want to remove the lift, is this ok?'
    STH - 'No I don't want to move stand'
    Leeann - 'ok well we are removing access anyway'

Would be a total waste of time...

Testimonial Due
    The Health Hub initiative is an extremely positive one and Leanne has been very open about this with supporters' groups and the media for quite some time.

Making the stadium's buildings more actively used is a good thing for the club both from a revenue perspective and from the impact it has on the wider community. While the development will require changes to the way the stand is fitted out and used, I think it will be in the long-term interests of the whole club.

Details here (and elsewhere if you Google). http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/6268

Quote Originally Posted by Alan62 View Post
    The Health Hub initiative is an extremely positive one and Leanne has been very open about this with supporters' groups and the media for quite some time.

Making the stadium's buildings more actively used is a good thing for the club both from a revenue perspective and from the impact it has on the wider community. While the development will require changes to the way the stand is fitted out and used, I think it will be in the long-term interests of the whole club.

Details here (and elsewhere if you Google). http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/6268
    This is all very well but what will the ground be like on a Saturday and what facilities for supporters are being added/relocated/taken away?

Are they doing away with all the hospitality/bar stuff in the FF?

I'm not criticising, I'm just intrigued as I'd actually prefer the FF to be less "organised".

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    This is all very well but what will the ground be like on a Saturday and what facilities for supporters are being added/relocated/taken away?

Are they doing away with all the hospitality/bar stuff in the FF?

I'm not criticising, I'm just intrigued as I'd actually prefer the FF to be less "organised".
    I had read that a new supporters bar will be in one of the other stands instead. Hopefully that is correct

First Team Regular ruthven_raiders's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    I had read that a new supporters bar will be in one of the other stands instead. Hopefully that is correct
    That's what's been mentioned for the East stand, plenty space. What the cost is I don't know, maybe tied into any deal with the NHS takeover of North stand areas

Quote Originally Posted by Just Alf View Post
    This is a good point in fact most modern lifts can have floors locked out etc, why couldn't they do something like that while the stadium is open to fans on match days. Everyone is happy :D

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    I'd imagine that it's because access to the lift will be via the health hub, which won't be operated by the club and may well be closed on match days.

Quote Originally Posted by ruthven_raiders View Post
    That's what's been mentioned for the East stand, plenty space. What the cost is I don't know, maybe tied into any deal with the NHS takeover of North stand areas
    Sounds interesting.

Maybe going off on a tangent but I'd complete the transformation by binning the family pricing in the FF and introducing it in the West lower.

The smaller seats would make it ideal and give the FF over to the radges a little bit more.

I'd also swap the comfy seats in the FF for green ones in the west upper.

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Clash View Post
    I'm not sure how big a problem this will be but it seems perfectly reasonable for such a consideration to be raised with our Supporters Reps at an earlier stage and not left to the final phase!
    Afaik the supporters reps "input" has been a one way street with them raising issues raised by fans

I haven't seen them being used as a conduit to test the water with the support over the clubs future plans

I can see why they haven't as it would have led to accusations of those contacted by the reps being treated preferentially

The whole thing is a mess and quite how Charlene thinks playing the populist card with the support as voting comes to and end is going to translate into a working relationship with the board she us criticising escapes me

Quote Originally Posted by ruthven_raiders View Post
    I heard this also but got the feeling it was going to be a bit rustic, lots of standing instead of seats type place and just a small part of the East. For the vast majority of patrons that go to behind the goals just now a seat is essential. Just a rumour mind but when I heard it I thought it was going to be in addition to behind the goals so folk could choose, not instead of.

The club needs to clear things up as there may be ST holder regulars who really need the type of facility in BTG.

It may be a million times better though, we just don't know.

First Team Regular ruthven_raiders's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Emerald View Post
    I heard this also but got the feeling it was going to be a bit rustic, lots of standing instead of seats type place and just a small part of the East. For the vast majority of patrons that go to behind the goals just now a seat is essential. Just a rumour mind but when I heard it I thought it was going to be in addition to behind the goals so folk could choose, not instead of.

The club needs to clear things up as there may be ST holder regulars who really need the type of facility in BTG.

It may be a million times better though, we just don't know.
    A more rustic one for the East would be good, but agree they still need the BTG type bars also for us oldies and our kiddies

@hibs.net private member Radium's Avatar
    As someone who sits up the top of the East, if I thought that I wouldn't be able to make the stairs, I would be contacting the club to see if I could relocate in the short term.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Radium View Post
    As someone who sits up the top of the East, if I thought that I wouldn't be able to make the stairs, I would be contacting the club to see if I could relocate in the short term.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Faaaaar too simple. Better coming on here and moaning about it.

johnbc70
    Left by mutual consent!
    Open the lift for a few short hours on game days, problem solved. What am I missing?

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    My dad and I both emailed LD complaining about the lift issue and the lack of consultation re the singing section. We suggested locking the health hub, etc. She replied today and phoned my dad this morning. According to my dad she gave a different reason over the phone as to why the lift was shutting. It is partly due to the health hub but she said that the lift was no longer fit for purpose and actually should have been closed this season!

Looks like we will be moving to the West even though we both detest sitting in side stands.

Quote Originally Posted by johnbc70 View Post
    Open the lift for a few short hours on game days, problem solved. What am I missing?
    The lift will be in a part of the building that is being taken over by the NHS Health Hub and no access to fans.

Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    My dad and I both emailed LD complaining about the lift issue and the lack of consultation re the singing section. We suggested locking the health hub, etc. She replied today and phoned my dad this morning. According to my dad she gave a different reason over the phone as to why the lift was shutting. It is partly due to the health hub but she said that the lift was no longer fit for purpose and actually should have been closed this season!

Looks like we will be moving to the West even though we both detest sitting in side stands.
    Can i ask, is the lift in question the one used to get into BTG or is there another lift in the FF?

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ColinNish View Post
    Can i ask, is the lift in question the one used to get into BTG or is there another lift in the FF?
    It is the same one.

Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    It is the same one.
    Cheers