hibs.net Messageboard

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    @hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgiegreens View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fair point. But has it been properly maintained. The problem you could also have is are spare parts readily available due to the age. Does the company still exist that manufactured the lift. This will severely affect my dad who will soon be 80 as he cannot climb the stairs. He has sat in that same seat since the FF stand was built, he has built up a rapport with the people round about him. I also feel for the kids in the wheelchairs who sit in FF upper. As I would say lots if not most of the good seats are taken in the ground where are the minority going to be shunted to.
    A lift is just car being moved by a motor, most decent lift companies can maintain them and source parts who ever originally made it. The fact that your Dad and others will be left in an impossible position and forced to move is really quite sad. I hope he finds another seat with decent folk around hime. Like you say it's not good when he has been settled so long in the same seat.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    A lift is just car being moved by a motor, most decent lift companies can maintain them and source parts who ever originally made it. The fact that your Dad and others will be left in an impossible position and forced to move is really quite sad. I hope he finds another seat with decent folk around hime. Like you say it's not good when he has been settled so long in the same seat.
    I think as this is affecting very few people the club felt it didn't matter. Which is a shame. Yes things change & move on. I wouldn't like to think how my dad & many others have been affected with change over the years. Been watching them since 1945. But as you get older change does impact on your life. Thanks for your kind words.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    The successful candidate in my opinion is there to challenge the board, the current incumbents dont and are their lackeys.

Charlene and tracey in my opinion wouldn't be that, its about time someone stood up and spoke on our behalf.

Well done Charlene.
    Well she's certainly talking the talk . Here's hoping she doesn't get to walk the walk.

Quote Originally Posted by gorgiegreens View Post
    I think as this is affecting very few people the club felt it didn't matter. Which is a shame. Yes things change & move on. I wouldn't like to think how my dad & many others have been affected with change over the years. Been watching them since 1945. But as you get older change does impact on your life. Thanks for your kind words.
    On the Q&A we were handed yesterday there was an email address on there to direct any questions to. I'm sure it was famousfive@hibernianfc.co.uk

It probably won't change the end result but it would be worth feeding back your concerns and it will make you feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by ColinNish View Post
    Well she's certainly talking the talk . Here's hoping she doesn't get to walk the walk.
    My main concern with any candidate is that, once elected, they get seduced by the trappings of office and they forget all the promises made during the election. I've seen that happen countless times elsewhere.

Having said that you have to give folk the chance if they impress you with their thinking and ideas.

I thinks Hibs are showing a lot of class by giving us the opportunity to elect two die hard hibbys to sit in our board and raise issues WE feel strongly about. It's what Leeann wants too remember. I don't think she wants to pay lip service to this initiative - she honestly wants to see positive change.

To then get appropriate feedback and information is a good thing in my book. Our existing reps may well work hard but if we don't know what's going on then they're not fulfilling the role of rep. It's like having strikers who work their socks off but don't find the net.

@hibs.net private member hibbymac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    The successful person will be on the board so they have a statutory duty to respect that. I'd hope she does a better job at that than how other stuff has been respected. There's ways and means to be open and to communicate. Just think she's shown a lack of respect for self interest not to genuinely better the communication so far.

The rest have just done nothing much. I'd scrap the whole thing and haven't voted.
    Serious question. what has she said that has been "disrespectful"?
    " Whatever the future may hold, Fans of this unique club will stand firm in Hibernians corner. Yes, united they stand, those wonderful supporters and The greatest football club on earth, " - Hibernian F.C. The team that wouldn't die. Click here

Charlene has obviously gone to a lot of effort with her campaign, handing out flyers yesterday.

I did think the timing was strange given voting closes on Monday, as I hadn't seen flyers earlier, but fair play to her anyway
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Quote Originally Posted by C Feeney-Seale View Post
    I'm going to ignore the personal allegations and comment only on the substance of what you've said.

Firstly, where do I attack the club? I came on and asked a simple question - which was had anyone heard of this before it became a reality? The answer appears to be no.

You've said I've cherry picked information - I think that you'll find I shared the entire email so that also seems to be unfounded.

Now, I've heard from a number of people in the FF upper who are affected - those who rely on the lift and those who attend games with them, and they are understandably very disappointed that there was no warning of this. One guy and his son, friends of mine, have been sitting there for decades, I can understand the feeling of frustration through not being engaged earlier.

I didn't mention BTG, so while I'll assume your comment wasn't aimed at me I think it's a very worrying attitude. Those who attend working together groups are giving their time up, but I really don't like this attitude that if you can't make it in the door, you don't deserve to know what's going on. What you post here smacks of someone jealously guarding their own privileges, not trying to improve things for all fans. I hope that WTG can do more to share these discussions, as a small number of people in one room is not an effective way to engage with the fan base as a whole.
    Hear hear the bits in bold!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    20 years old is no age for a properly maintained lift.

Yeah, I don't get that argument either.

Is it maybe that they consider the cost of maintenance to be too high, i.e. the cost to benefit ratio?

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Charlene has obviously gone to a lot of effort with her campaign, handing out flyers yesterday.

I did think the timing was strange given voting closes on Monday, as I hadn't seen flyers earlier, but fair play to her anyway
    Well done Charlene, someone who uses their initiative and actually talks to the fans all the fans is the way forward.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Well done Charlene, someone who uses their initiative and actually talks to the fans all the fans is the way forward.
    Be interesting come Monday to see who has been successfully elected

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Be interesting come Monday to see who has been successfully elected
    Will they announce it tomorrow night?

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Not if PwC are doing the counting they won't. 😁

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Maybe, or early Tuesday?

Nae doubt it'll be Frank and A N Other.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ColinNish View Post
    Nae doubt it'll be Frank and A N Other.
    Same as last year then;-)

Do Hibs count the votes or is it done by a independent company.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Not if PwC are doing the counting they won't. 😁

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk
    PWC would announce it but not necessarily in the correct order.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Clash View Post
    My main concern with any candidate is that, once elected, they get seduced by the trappings of office and they forget all the promises made during the election. I've seen that happen countless times elsewhere.

Having said that you have to give folk the chance if they impress you with their thinking and ideas.

I thinks Hibs are showing a lot of class by giving us the opportunity to elect two die hard hibbys to sit in our board and raise issues WE feel strongly about. It's what Leeann wants too remember. I don't think she wants to pay lip service to this initiative - she honestly wants to see positive change.

To then get appropriate feedback and information is a good thing in my book. Our existing reps may well work hard but if we don't know what's going on then they're not fulfilling the role of rep. It's like having strikers who work their socks off but don't find the net.
    I agree. My campaign has been deliberately understated. And I have outlined my approach in my video. I think I've been honest and pragmatic in everything I have said and done. It is up to the voting fans to decide how they want to take this forward by voting in the best candidate as they see it. I hope people vote for me as I have the track record to deliver.

I keep going back to this ever expanding thread in the hope that it has evolved into something along the lines of the legendary calendar thread. But no. We're still on about that ****ing lift. I should go elsewhere for my highs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    I keep going back to this ever expanding thread in the hope that it has evolved into something along the lines of the legendary calendar thread. But no. We're still on about that ****ing lift. I should go elsewhere for my highs.
    Yeh .... these lift threads are always a bit up and down

The firm who fixed the lifts at my old workplace were called 'Thyssen Krupp Elevator' which I thought would be a brilliant name for a Prog Rock band

Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    Leanne sat at our table in BTG today and told us as much as she could. The reason that not much has been said so far is because the deal hasn't been signed and sealed yet however they need to start planning now for the future. She also told us that the facilities within the stand are at the end of their shelf life and needs constant maintenance just to keep it running as a pre-match bar. It was also pointed out that this would be a "very good deal" for the club and would stand us in good stead with having a guaranteed, regular income.

She also advised that they would be looking at a temporary home for a pre-match bar, such as a marquee, and then will be looking at getting something permanent, most likely in the East stand.
    That's all folk needed to know ... its clearly not a bloody state secret, so I'm baffled as to why Hibs cant be giving the wider support this information, it would probably have knocked about 4 pages off this thread for a kick off

Its nice to hear that Hibs appear to be going to if not make money from this deal then at least save some and that the intention is to create a new supporters bar ..... In the immortal words of Jules in Pulp Fiction ..... 'Hell motherfkr that's all you had to say'

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Yeh .... these lift threads are always a bit up and down

The firm who fixed the lifts at my old workplace were called 'Thyssen Krupp Elevator' which I thought would be a brilliant name for a Prog Rock band
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars