hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Lift to FF upper being removed

Hi all,

Amidst the positive reaction to the new season ticket campaign, there was one less than welcome piece of news.

From next season, the lift to the FF upper will no longer operate. This doesn't affect me personally, but I know fans who rely on this and who face having to change their season ticket as a result. The removal of the lift is due to a new health club being installed.

The most concerning thing for me is how this appears to have been pushed through with little consultation - I've not heard from anyone who sits in the FF upper who was aware this was coming. I do not think we have met the standards we set ourselves in terms of engagement with the support here at all sadly.

The news came via the email mentioned in the update on the singing section:
    http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7323

A few older fans have sent views to me, and I wondered if anyone here had any thoughts on this?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by C Feeney-Seale View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hi all,

Amidst the positive reaction to the new season ticket campaign, there was one less than welcome piece of news.

From next season, the lift to the FF upper will no longer operate. This doesn't affect me personally, but I know fans who rely on this and who face having to change their season ticket as a result. The removal of the lift is due to a new health club being installed.

The most concerning thing for me is how this appears to have been pushed through with little consultation - I've not heard from anyone who sits in the FF upper who was aware this was coming. I do not think we have met the standards we set ourselves in terms of engagement with the support here at all sadly.

The news came via the email mentioned in the update on the singing section:
    http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7323

A few older fans have sent views to me, and I wondered if anyone here had any thoughts on this?
    What's a health club?

If what you say is true it's pretty disappointing from the club

Presumably part of the joint health venture with I think the NHS.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    There are no planning or building warrant application for any new works at Easter Road.

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Don't think it's being removed. Think they said due to the health club there would no longer be access.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

I'll share the email below, with the relevant section in bold.

Dear Charlene,

“I was born a Hibee and I’ll die a Hibee.” Lawrie Reilly’s words which have inspired this year’s season ticket campaign. It is a sentence packed full of emotion and sums up just how important the club is to so many.

Reflecting back on the last three years, I’ve realised just how far we have come in some ways from when I first joined the club. Back then, our relationship with you, the fans, was fractured. We had to rebuild your trust and belief in the club and my feeling has been that the fans have bought into what we have been trying to do on and off the field. You have repaid us by your commitment, whether that is through buying a season ticket, joining HSL, or buying from the Clubstore. For that, we thank you.

This season, off the back of the historic Scottish Cup victory, crowds have been back in force and it feels like we are entering a new phase in the club’s development as we chase promotion. This will be the springboard to take the club to the next level.

Our aim for next season is to reach our all-time record of season ticket holders – 11,500. We just fell short of that number this season but we did smash through the Target 10k which I set last year. If we can do that it will allow us to kick on and continue to invest in the squad as we know that we will need to be stronger next season.

So, what is new for next season in terms of season tickets? Well, prices will remain the same for 2017-18. We think this is only fair given the backing that we have had over the last three seasons.

One of my important aims for next season is to improve match-day atmosphere. It is important for supporters, but it is equally important for the players and the management team. You may have heard Neil speak about this before - both he and the players tell us that when Easter Road is noisy, when the fans are singing and supporting the team that it help push them on and lifts them.

We have undertaken some smaller projects to achieve this, but we want to make a bigger impact now. We have been in discussions with the fan group ‘Since 1875’ - they have been active in Section 43 of the East Stand since the redevelopment of the stadium and have been behind some of the prominent fan displays like the inspired ‘Time for Heroes’ banner at Hampden.

One thing that we have spoken to them about is to identify an area in the stadium that can be dedicated to a traditional ‘singing section’. Other clubs have taken this route both at home here in Scotland and abroad and it is recognised to have improved atmosphere, so we have decided that it is project that we want to deliver for the long-term benefit of the club, the team and the supporters at Easter Road.

This will mean that some supporters currently in the East will move across to Section 25 of the Famous Five Upper and start to build a new ‘singing section’ where supporters who are interested in being involved can participate.

If you are interested in being part of this, and relocating to section 25 in the Famous Five Upper, please download the application from our campaign website www.bornahibee.com and return it by 23rd March via email to FamousFive@hibernianfc.co.uk.

One final element to note regarding the Famous Five Upper and this relates to everyone who has seats in here and has nothing to do with the ‘singing section’. If you require access to the lift to gain access to your seat then I must advise you that the option to do so won’t be available next season.

The Club is currently working in partnership to deliver a transformational Health Hub based at Easter Road and it is planned that the Hub will be located in what operates now as the Famous Five hospitality suites. We are in the final processes of this partnership, which will include a review of the Behind the Goals matchday bar, and we’ll publish more information on this when we can.

What we are certain of is that the lift will no longer be accessible. If you have accessibility issues and require lift access then again please contact us on the above number or email address and we can arrange to help find a seat that is suitable for your mobility needs.

Elsewhere the away season ticket initiative will continue too for those who want to guarantee a ticket for every away match. This will be limited to 300 tickets, as has been the case this season, and will be open to season ticket holders, with priority given to current away season ticket holders. Fans interested in this can again download and complete a form from www.bornahibee.com and return to tickets@hibernianfc.co.uk.

Following the move last year to take our hospitality and events function in-house, we have continued to invest in the stadium and have refurbished the lounges in the West Stand. If you are holding a function or want to celebrate a special occasion then please get in touch with us. Season ticket holders will benefit from a 10% discount on bookings.

You're receiving your renewal information electronically this year - it's the quickest and easiest way for us to communicate with you. We have produced a paper brochure however, which includes a free poster, so please feel free to visit the Ticket Office or Clubstore to pick up a copy.

I’ll finish with some words from our campaign and what a being a season ticket holder means. It means commitment, belonging, obligation, habit, continuity, identity. They mean a future guarantee of being able to say “I was there”.

We hope you will be there again next season.

Yours sincerely,

Leeann

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibeeg
    I only know about this as it's been mentioned on here before.

Although I sit in the FF upper there was no communication regarding this or the singing section.

Luckily I don't need the lift but I think it's a real shame that long time regulars in this stand have not been consulted and to me it shows a lack of respect for the support.

I'm online every day and have never heard of this group who were consulted about the singing section so I'd imagine a lot of the older FF upper regulars who don't go online won't have heard of this lift issue either.

It just seems ridiculous that they have a great facility with a lift which will no longer be available, to me I can see no reason why the lift entrance can't be made external to anything else going in there and left in use for those that need it.

@hibs.net private member Arch Stanton's Avatar
    I actually don't think a 'consultation' would have been of any benefit - I think I could predict with some accuracy what points would be made by both 'sides'.

I don't see it as such a big impact on those affected either - I am assuming they will get due consideration for being moved (if they have to go to more expensive seats for example).

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by crabis View Post
    I actually don't think a 'consultation' would have been of any benefit - I think I could predict with some accuracy what points would be made by both 'sides'.

I don't see it as such a big impact on those affected either - I am assuming they will get due consideration for being moved (if they have to go to more expensive seats for example).
    Agree with this, fwiw a consultation would've been time consuming and if the club are pressing ahead with plans that are in their final phase what difference would it have made? They'd be doing it anyway.

I dont realy see the problem, its not like there wont be access to the stadium for those with mobility problems. The email even points out that the club will assist in relocating to suitable areas.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by C Feeney-Seale View Post
    I'll share the email below, with the relevant section in bold.
    Just when the club needs a wee lift too.
    Ah well, onwards and upwards.
    bad choice of words, maybe

So if the health club is to be in hospitality in BTG's, it looks like the end of the BTG bar. If so, I don't think it's a good swap at a football stadium to do away with a supporters bar in favour of a heath club. I know they say it's under review but it sounds a bit ominous!

As for the lift not being accessible, I also think this is unfair. Easter Road is first and foremost a football stadium and should look after it's supports as a priority.

We shall wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Agree with this, fwiw a consultation would've been time consuming and if the club are pressing ahead with plans that are in their final phase what difference would it have made? They'd be doing it anyway.
    I'm not sure how big a problem this will be but it seems perfectly reasonable for such a consideration to be raised with our Supporters Reps at an earlier stage and not left to the final phase!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Clash View Post
    I'm not sure how big a problem this will be but it seems perfectly reasonable for such a consideration to be raised with our Supporters Reps at an earlier stage and not left to the final phase!
    Kinda assumes that said 'reps' should be looking after the interests of those requiring Upper FF lifts and not looking after the health of the fan base in general (especially sedentary fans such as yours truly).

Do they really have a mandate one way or another?

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Emerald View Post
    So if the health club is to be in hospitality in BTG's, it looks like the end of the BTG bar. If so, I don't think it's a good swap at a football stadium to do away with a supporters bar in favour of a heath club. I know they say it's under review but it sounds a bit ominous!

As for the lift not being accessible, I also think this is unfair. Easter Road is first and foremost a football stadium and should look after it's supports as a priority.

We shall wait and see.
    Firstly it is an NHS Health Hub not a Health Club.

Secondly, nowhere is it stated that there will no longer be a supporters bar within the stadium. Expect BTG to be relocated elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    Firstly it is an NHS Health Hub not a Health Club.

Secondly, nowhere is it stated that there will no longer be a supporters bar within the stadium. Expect BTG to be relocated elsewhere.
    Whatever it is, why is it being included in our stadium at the expense of supporter facilities?

I'm not overly familiar with the internal layout of our ground so I don't know how much dead space there is in total but it's a football ground first and foremost.

@hibs.net private member MartinfaePorty's Avatar
    I know it's almost impossible to read every post on every thread, but this was mentioned in another thread a few days ago so wasn't news to me. Would have been good to let those affected know first, but maybe it wasn't possible and easier to do as part of a wider communication. Not trying to start an argument, but how many other stadiums have a lift?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Whatever it is, why is it being included in our stadium at the expense of supporter facilities?

I'm not overly familiar with the internal layout of our ground so I don't know how much dead space there is in total but it's a football ground first and foremost.
    Money talks I'm afraid. BTG and hospitality suites in FF are dead weight during the week and if they can lease this out to someone or something else to bring in money, then so be it. BTG is crap anyway.

As opposed to not being a pub you mean?

As opposed to not being a pub you mean?
    Ha Ha, good yin.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar

The supporters bar is being relocated while the Health Hub will bring additional income into the club while also having added benefits to the greater community.

Kinda assumes that said 'reps' should be looking after the interests of those requiring Upper FF lifts and not looking after the health of the fan base in general (especially sedentary fans such as yours truly).

Do they really have a mandate one way or another?
    It's more about involving the reps at an earlier stage to give them the chance to gauge opinion from all concerned. Which would include those using the lift, the NHS health hub and the bar then report back to the board the various comments raised.

Quite often an initial proposal can be improved by ideas raised in this way. Leeann wants a more inclusive club which is exactly why Supporters Reps were introduced.

The supporters bar is being relocated while the Health Hub will bring additional income into the club while also having added benefits to the greater community.
    What is a Health Hub?

@hibs.net private member stantonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ColinNish View Post
    Money talks I'm afraid. BTG and hospitality suites in FF are dead weight during the week and if they can lease this out to someone or something else to bring in money, then so be it. BTG is crap anyway.
    Indeed and Leeann has been quite open about wanting more use made of the stadium on non matchdays.

Re BTG it serves a purpose and the idea of having a bar in the ground is great but I wish it was just a bit more 'pub-like'
    Same problem exists though in that it will lie empty all week. Will be interested to see where it moves to, I assume to the West Stand and they'll rejig the hospitality somehow? I've not been in the East so no idea if it could be moved to there?

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Where do you think the BTG bar will go?

Anytime I've gone down outside match days i always think some sort of wee cafe would be nice at the stadium. Maybe when relocating bars it can be given some consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Where do you think the BTG bar will go?
    They better make sure there's room for the queues at the bars then!

Joking apart I hope it's big enough. BTG bar must have had a hand in some of the pub closures in the surrounding area and there are very few places left to go to pre match. Out of town folk who come in cars need to get in early to get parked and it's a great place to meet up with friends before kick off and get a couple of pints and a bite to eat.

The way it's run is not the best but the facility needs to remain and it could do with being even bigger.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by adhibs;4962505[B
    ]I dont realy see the problem[/B], its not like there wont be access to the stadium for those with mobility problems. The email even points out that the club will assist in relocating to suitable areas.

Probably cause you don't need the lift and it doesn't affect you?
    Last edited by CockneyRebel; 01-03-2017 at 06:50 PM.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    The health hub is part of a partnership between the club and the NHS. The decision to block access to the lift won't have been taken lightly, but while I appreciate that a (relatively small) number of people will be inconvenienced, all other parts of the stadium are accessible to wheelchair users (as well as others with mobility problems) and they've been invited to contact the club to find suitable solutions.

The health hub is a community initiative and something which should be applauded IMO. Change can sometimes be a pest, but you have to look at the bigger picture.
    Last edited by Peevemor; 01-03-2017 at 04:30 PM.

@hibs.net private member stantonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    The health hub is part of a partnership between the club and the NHS. The decision to block access to the lift won't have been taken lightly, but while I appreciate that a (relatively small) number of people will be inconvenienced, all other parts of the stadium are accessible to wheelchair users (as well as others with mobility problems) and they've been invited to contact the club to find suitable solutions.

The health hub is a community initiative and something which should be applauded IMO. Change can sometimes be a pest, but you have to look at the bigger picture.
    Agree with this.