hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Blue Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyFantastic View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hope they go down and cease to exist. I never ever want to go back to that horrific excuse for a football ground again.
    If they go down fair enough but cease to exist? As for their ground, if we hadn't messed things up so well ourselves we would only ever have been going there for cup games, not the less attractive league fixtures we ended up attending. Best of luck to them whatever happens.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

2. Log in to remove the advert

December 2014 IIRC I persuaded a few non- hibby mates to accompany me to the game at Cowbeneath when it poured right throughout the match. Dreadful day and it seemed we were miles away from the pitch. One of my mates, a Dee fan, left early in the second half and went to get a coffee and a bit of shelter. He searched for a coffee shop and eventually asked an old wifey. She replied "There's no coffe shops here. Didn't you know that this is s ghost town?" He eventually went to a bookie who gave free coffee if you put a minomum 50p bet on. I swore never to return to the god foresaken place.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I get it that some folk feel a huge love for their teams like Cowdenbeath, and others like Albion Rovers Stranraer and the likes.

Football has changed though, we may not like it but its never going back to how it was in the 50s and 60s.

I would restructure the league's regionally, I'd have 1 league which you could call the SPL for arguments sake.

That would consist of 20 teams, the best 20 teams we have at the end of 2021. That would give all those teams with ambition 3 full seasons to try and get their house in order, and put a team together that was in that top division.

I'd have 3 relegation places, with the bottom automatically relegated, and 2 in a play off against the 2nd and 3rd best team to come through the lower league play offs.

The leagues below would be set up regionally, obviously north and south. With the winners of those in a play off game for automatic promotion.

I'd invite every junior club in too, and the leagues restructured accordingly

The teams who are 2nd and 3rd in each league also play off for the chance against the 2nd and 3rd bottom teams in the SPL.

The lower leagues really need to get their houses in order, and if that means going part time, then fine. The country has far too many clubs, too many clubs that just exist and have no ambition other than that.

I'd also go back to awarding 2 points for a win and 1 for a draw, the reason being it will condense the league better, it stops teams running away at the top, and should do the same at the bottom.

It creates hope at both ends.

There needs to be proper competition from the bottom up, and if that means some of the established club go to the wall, then that's just a shame, but these are the clubs that are bringing the game nothing apart from a bit of history.

The future has to have hope, not fear.

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I get it that some folk feel a huge love for their teams like Cowdenbeath, and others like Albion Rovers Stranraer and the likes.

Football has changed though, we may not like it but its never going back to how it was in the 50s and 60s.

I would restructure the league's regionally, I'd have 1 league which you could call the SPL for arguments sake.

That would consist of 20 teams, the best 20 teams we have at the end of 2021. That would give all those teams with ambition 3 full seasons to try and get their house in order, and put a team together that was in that top division.

I'd have 3 relegation places, with the bottom automatically relegated, and 2 in a play off against the 2nd and 3rd best team to come through the lower league play offs.

The leagues below would be set up regionally, obviously north and south. With the winners of those in a play off game for automatic promotion.

I'd invite every junior club in too, and the leagues restructured accordingly

The teams who are 2nd and 3rd in each league also play off for the chance against the 2nd and 3rd bottom teams in the SPL.

The lower leagues really need to get their houses in order, and if that means going part time, then fine. The country has far too many clubs, too many clubs that just exist and have no ambition other than that.

I'd also go back to awarding 2 points for a win and 1 for a draw, the reason being it will condense the league better, it stops teams running away at the top, and should do the same at the bottom.

It creates hope at both ends.

There needs to be proper competition from the bottom up, and if that means some of the established club go to the wall, then that's just a shame, but these are the clubs that are bringing the game nothing apart from a bit of history.

The future has to have hope, not fear.
    Good post, agree with pretty much all of it.

The one bit I'd change would be to keep the 3 points, I get why you want to change it but, for me at least, the 3 points (should) help drive teams to win a game. The squeezing teams together would hopefully be helped buy the fact that it's a bigger league ... Maybe!

GGTTH!

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brunswickbill View Post
    December 2014 IIRC I persuaded a few non- hibby mates to accompany me to the game at Cowbeneath when it poured right throughout the match. Dreadful day and it seemed we were miles away from the pitch. One of my mates, a Dee fan, left early in the second half and went to get a coffee and a bit of shelter. He searched for a coffee shop and eventually asked an old wifey. She replied "There's no coffe shops here. Didn't you know that this is s ghost town?" He eventually went to a bookie who gave free coffee if you put a minomum 50p bet on. I swore never to return to the god foresaken place.
    Before the game that day I had a steak pie, chips and peas with a big mug of tea in a friendly cafe for about £4.00 on the Main Street. Im sure they sold coffee, but hopefully will never be back to confirm if that is the case or not. Went straight to see The Sleaford Mods in The Electric Circus on return to Edinburgh, and could feel the puddles forming at my feet some 3 hours or so after the game. Never been so wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Before the game that day I had a steak pie, chips and peas with a big mug of tea in a friendly cafe for about £4.00 on the Main Street. Im sure they sold coffee, but hopefully will never be back to confirm if that is the case or not. Went straight to see The Sleaford Mods in The Electric Circus on return to Edinburgh, and could feel the puddles forming at my feet some 3 hours or so after the game. Never been so wet.
    Part of their prob is they do not get money from the stock cars anymore but infact pay around 10k a year to use the stadium. This has left them broke!
    The owner of the stock cars Gordon McDougall had to split the club from the cars when he went to Livi.

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    the interview with Dean Brett is one of the saddest things I've seen for a long time. He seems like a man who is really very lost, not the smartest tool in the box and the tragedy he has had in his life has meant he has filled a void with gambling, not because he wants to cheat for money, but because he just finds an escape in it. Every bet becomes a little bit of hope, once that hope is extinguished, he needs another bet so that he has more hope. He bet against Cowden when they played Rangers and then scored in the match. He wasn't trying to lose. what he did was wrong, but what he needs is help.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    As horrible as it may have been silver, put yourself in their shoes. A never ending spiral of decline culminating in being bottom of the professional set up in Scotland is bound to get people emotional and angry.

FWIW I respect Cowdenbeath and it's supporters because as others have said it would be easy enough to jump on the busses to Glasgow every week.

Again as others have said East Kilbride are an ambitious, seemingly well run club with a huge catchment and could possibly be a sleeping giant in Scottish football terms. Obviously there's a lot of competition but if they can get themselves in the league set up then they could progress quickly with the right backing.
    I have a soft spot for Cowdenbeath but they'll play either East Kilbride or the resurgent East Stirling in the Play off. Brora from the Highland League aren't interested in going to League 2.
    Anyone who has seen either of these clubs will know that Cowden will have no chance against either.
    Hopefully they can regroup like East Stirling did.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Liberal Hibby View Post
    To be fair it can't have been easy for Liam Fox to give this job the attention it deserved while also serving as Secretary of State for International Trade...
    Don't forget he's also a doctor

United we stand here....

They train at Dalgety Bay leisure centre astro, I used to watch them training last season and early part of this one and couldn't believe how poor it was in quality of coaching, player ability and made me think that it wasn't as good as most junior /east of Scotland that I have experienced ...so no surprises for when I saw them on the slide last season and this....

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyM_1875 View Post
    I have a soft spot for Cowdenbeath but they'll play either East Kilbride or the resurgent East Stirling in the Play off. Brora from the Highland League aren't interested in going to League 2.
    Anyone who has seen either of these clubs will know that Cowden will have no chance against either.
    Hopefully they can regroup like East Stirling did.
    I think Cove or Buckie are more likely to emerge as the winners of the Highland League.

Overall think East Kilbride will replace the Blue Brazil next season though.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    They've just appointed Gary Locke as their manager

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post
    They've just appointed Gary Locke as their manager
    The end truly is nigh for them now.