hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Since 1875 - Singing Section - Apply By 23 March

In 2010 our new East Stand was unveiled. This completed the transformation of our home, Easter Road. However, this change also brought the end of an era for many supporters who were regularly attendees in the old East Terrace.

Whilst a sell-out Easter Road is a spectacle to behold and many unrivalled, electric atmospheres have been generated since 2010, it’s also recognised that our ground has lost a bit of its “edge”.

For the past six years we have worked together as a group, along with the wider support, in an attempt to restore the “edge” back into Easter Road by vocally backing team and adding colour to the stands. This initially started as a small group at the back of Section 43 which grew over a number of years. For a variety of reasons, the group relocated to the front of Section 43 a couple of years later.

It’s recognised and fed back regularly from the wider support that this location simply did not work, visually or acoustically.
    When collating feedback from supporters before matches and on the message boards regarding the future location of the singing section, the unanimous and undisputed answer was “behind the goals”.

All stands at Easter Road are largely populated with season ticket holders and therefore it was a challenge to find a bigger, better location without disrupting too many other supporters, who understandably may not wish to relocate. In cooperation with the club and supporters in this area, we have agreed to transform Section 25 of the Famous Five Upper into the “singing section” from next season.

We appreciate some supporters may choose to stay in their current seats; however our vision is to have the whole stadium making a noise. We believe the heart of this should be at the centre of the stadium and with the new section we will be in the between the East and West stands. Therefore, we would invite all supporters who want to vocally back the team throughout each match, win, lose or draw to join us Section 25 of the Famous Five Upper next season.

To do this, please go to www.bornahibee.com/4/ and download the application. You need to complete this, in full and return to famousfive@hibernianfc.co.uk. The deadline for applications is Monday 23 March.

After this date, those who have successfully secured a seat in this area will be contacted by the club to arrange the payment of their season ticket. The deadline for payments will be set at 7 April 2017, in line with the early bird/payment plan deadlines.

Since 1875 are indebted to the supporters for their financial backing and moral support over the years and we’d once again ask you to support us in transforming Easter Road into an unrivalled and renowned home for Hibernian Football Club.

Glory Glory To The Hibees

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough
    Couldn't think of a worse place for a singing section than the famous 5 upper. Hopefully it works out and generates a decent atmosphere for all games and not just the sell outs.

I'm all for this and I'll be applying but can I just ask why you need to fill out applications and stuff? Why can't people just buy a season ticket in the section. It seems like all the other stuff might put people off

Quote Originally Posted by samcrowe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm all for this and I'll be applying but can I just ask why you need to fill out applications and stuff? Why can't people just buy a season ticket in the section. It seems like all the other stuff might put people off
    It's to allow us to group friends/family together in this section and to monitor Under 11s to ensure they are accompained by an Adult.

The application is very straightforward and will take around 30secs.

If I can help, drop me a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Since1875Hibs View Post
    It's to allow us to group friends/family together in this section and to monitor Under 11s to ensure they are accompained by an Adult.

The application is very straightforward and will take around 30secs.

If I can help, drop me a PM.
    No problem, that's actually quite helpful as me and my 2 brothers are gonna come up and I wasn't sure if we'd get tickets togeher. It won't let me open the application on my phone so I'll try again after work

'In cooperation with the club and supporters in this area'.

Not strictly true. The 1st those of us who sit there at the moment knew of these plans was when we received a letter saying you either have to move or sit in amongst the singing section. I've no issue with moving, and have actually ended up with better seats now, but people already sitting in 25 weren't involved in this process at all.

I've contacted Hibs re button not working from Smartphones.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Best of luck with this, hope it works out and you contribute to a great atmosphere at Easter Road.

Think this is a great idea.

We saw on Saturday, the noise generated by 10 or so guys in hospitality.

Imagine the atmosphere that could be generated with 300 people all going for it for the full 90 minutes.

Just so long as they don't bring that noisy drum

@hibs.net private member
    In 2010 our new East Stand was unveiled. This completed the transformation of our home, Easter Road. However, this change also brought the end of an era for many supporters who were regularly attendees in the old East Terrace.

Whilst a sell-out Easter Road is a spectacle to behold and many unrivalled, electric atmospheres have been generated since 2010, it’s also recognised that our ground has lost a bit of its “edge”.

For the past six years we have worked together as a group, along with the wider support, in an attempt to restore the “edge” back into Easter Road by vocally backing team and adding colour to the stands. This initially started as a small group at the back of Section 43 which grew over a number of years. For a variety of reasons, the group relocated to the front of Section 43 a couple of years later.

It’s recognised and fed back regularly from the wider support that this location simply did not work, visually or acoustically.
    When collating feedback from supporters before matches and on the message boards regarding the future location of the singing section, the unanimous and undisputed answer was “behind the goals”.

All stands at Easter Road are largely populated with season ticket holders and therefore it was a challenge to find a bigger, better location without disrupting too many other supporters, who understandably may not wish to relocate. In cooperation with the club and supporters in this area, we have agreed to transform Section 25 of the Famous Five Upper into the “singing section” from next season.

We appreciate some supporters may choose to stay in their current seats; however our vision is to have the whole stadium making a noise. We believe the heart of this should be at the centre of the stadium and with the new section we will be in the between the East and West stands. Therefore, we would invite all supporters who want to vocally back the team throughout each match, win, lose or draw to join us Section 25 of the Famous Five Upper next season.

To do this, please go to www.bornahibee.com/4/ and download the application. You need to complete this, in full and return to famousfive@hibernianfc.co.uk. The deadline for applications is Monday 23 March.

After this date, those who have successfully secured a seat in this area will be contacted by the club to arrange the payment of their season ticket. The deadline for payments will be set at 7 April 2017, in line with the early bird/payment plan deadlines.

Since 1875 are indebted to the supporters for their financial backing and moral support over the years and we’d once again ask you to support us in transforming Easter Road into an unrivalled and renowned home for Hibernian Football Club.

Is that you guys released the season ticket info before the club?

Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    Looks that way!!!

They have.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    They have.
    The club will be delighted by that

I see you now can't access the site

The club will be delighted by that
    Ach well, they should have been on the ball and had their info on the website at 12am!!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by ColinNish View Post
    Ach well, they should have been on the ball and had there info on the website at 12am!!
    Haha. It's good to now know the info.

Access to the site has now been password protected

I am being asked for a password to enter the site? Apologies if I have missed it.

First Team Regular Salt N Sauzee's Avatar
    Famous Five Upper is the last place I would of put a singing section, strange choice.

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    I am being asked for a password to enter the site? Apologies if I have missed it.
    It seems it is due to season ticket info being there and the club didn't want it released atm...

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Best of luck with this, hope it works out and you contribute to a great atmosphere at Easter Road.
    The difference these guy's make to the atmosphere is unbelievable. Hope the move work's out well.

Hibs inadvertently had the site go live before 12pm. It will be back available then along with announcements through other official channels.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Salt N Sauzee View Post
    Famous Five Upper is the last place I would of put a singing section, strange choice.
    Not sure it is in the middle of the 3 stands and the noise from there should hopefully get other stands involved more. The group of fans signing on Saturday from the top of the west stand seemed to get the other stands going as being high up the noise travels better i think.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    'In cooperation with the club and supporters in this area'.

Not strictly true. The 1st those of us who sit there at the moment knew of these plans was when we received a letter saying you either have to move or sit in amongst the singing section. I've no issue with moving, and have actually ended up with better seats now, but people already sitting in 25 weren't involved in this process at all.
    Indeed. Sounds like you have got a response from the Club. Me and my dad haven't.

Think me and the husband will come over and join you next season. Sat in the FF upper when it was first built and the view up there is cracking.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Just so long as they don't bring that noisy drum
    Love the drum 🎧

Good idea but also think it's a bad location - singing section should be close to the pitch. The club should be doing their bit to help.

I would view this as a test run by the club to find out the numbers interested, and how it works out. We seem to be taking a long term view here which can only be a good thing.

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    What about if folk stopped repeating the same old moans about the location?

Its tedious as hell

It is where it is and they have explained why it is there previously, you can either go or not go.

This site should be sponsored by the Samaritans as all folk do is come on it and moan there tits off about everything and anything.

Quote Originally Posted by CallumHibs07 View Post
    Good idea but also think it's a bad location - singing section should be close to the pitch. The club should be doing their bit to help.
    They are close to the pitch now

Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post
    What about if folk stopped repeating the same old moans about the location?

Its tedious as hell

It is where it is and they have explained why it is there previously, you can either go or not go.

This site should be sponsored by the Samaritans as all folk do is come on it and moan there tits off about everything and anything.
    Good post.

I have previously questioned the location but it's done now so let's all get behind it and make it work. Hopefully can fill thst whole section with like minded folks.