hibs.net Messageboard

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Efe Ambrose

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    I don't really care who we bring in as an emergency CH as long as they're no' injured.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by majorhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Excellent? Excellent?? Debut tap in on line. Then- where's my passes fi Zola? Mince! You think he was excellent, your either him or on the payroll. 12 mill?!? Oh ma sides.
    Scored 29 goals in 53 games .....thats not a bad return?

Quote Originally Posted by Gordy M View Post
    C'mon Gordy, you're just goin' wi' the Flo

Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    C'mon Gordy, you're just goin' wi' the Flo
    was surprised at that scoring record myself....the way folk went on about him i thought hed maybe scored about 10 goals.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordy M View Post
    Flo flopped in the big games.

You don't pay £12m for that, not when you're robbing Peter to pay Paul at any rate.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by majorhibs View Post
    Excellent? Excellent?? Debut tap in on line. Then- where's my passes fi Zola? Mince! You think he was excellent, your either him or on the payroll. 12 mill?!? Oh ma sides.

Excellent is obviously an exaggeration but I'm sure he had 30 odd goals in 60 games, now that's a good return for any striker. Again, he didn't pick his price but I'm delighted that David Murray did!

Ambrose will stroll this league.

@hibs.net private member
    Welcome to the Hibees Efe - you will cruise this league and we desperately need you mate!! Top man!!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by CB_NO3 View Post
    Great signing in the grand scheme of things. We have 3 defenders out and we have signed a player who has had over 50 caps for Nigeria. Ok, he has had a few dodgy games but he is dropping down a level.
    Absolutely - we have only one fit senior central defender right now, barring the kids, and Lennon should be applauded for acting smartly within the rules and using his existing contacts to fill the gap with an experienced pro whose capabilities and limitations he is well acquainted with.

Good signing - yes a bit blunder prone at times with Celtic but still good enough to win 50+ caps, win titles and play in the Champions League. At very least he'll provide welcome know how and experience in a vital position at a vital time of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by 21sMay View Post
    Ambrose will stroll this league.
    Maybe even skoosh it 😎

Promising Youngster jamesjamieson's Avatar
    I think Ambrose will be a good signing. A big, strong, experienced presence on the park and still only 28.

If the deal lasts for 93 days, he will be eligible to play in the cup final (89 days away). Thinking ahead!

Quote Originally Posted by jamesjamieson View Post
    I think Ambrose will be a good signing. A big, strong, experienced presence on the park and still only 28.

If the deal lasts for 93 days, he will be eligible to play in the cup final (89 days away). Thinking ahead!
    You are John Peel. I claim my $10........

Blog Entries

As long as it's not against Celtic.

Just had a peek at kickback (I know, I know) and one of them has the cheek to describe us as "A ****** joke of a team" and "cheating barstewards" because of this signing

Do they do irony over at the PBS?
    Last edited by 1van Sprou7e; 27-02-2017 at 11:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1van Sprou7e View Post
    Just had a peek at kickback (I know, I know) and one of them has the cheek to describe us as "A ****** joke of a team" and "cheating barstewards" because of this signing

This is the same Hearts team who signed a Central Defender for one match after having four players (Pasquale Bruno, Davie Weir, Neil Pointon and Paul Ritchie) sent off at Ibrox in 1996 and suspended for the next match.

Ambrose will be good for Hibs and
    Hibs will be good for Ambrose.
    Could well become a cult hero.
    Strong and fast.
    Hopefully scoring a few goals from corners.
    Some exciting runs out of defence.
    Hopefully not many gaffs.
    Lennon knows him better than most.
    Sounds a good and fun signing.
    Looking forward to it.
    I believe his Celtic contract is up in the summer so if he signs and does well there is a chance he could become a permanent signing although I suspect he would be looking for English Championship money.

Lennon knows Ambrose well, in our current situation I'm delighted

Experienced, played at the highest level - keep it simple and he'll hopefully be just what we need.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post
    This is the same Hearts team who signed a Central Defender for one match after having four players (Pasquale Bruno, Davie Weir, Neil Pointon and Paul Ritchie) sent off at Ibrox in 1996 and suspended for the next match.
    Don't know if it was the same guy but I remember a player coming up for a midweek game(?) against Rangers(?).
    He played a blinder in defence, Hearts won and he shot the craw hame the very next day.

Presumably not if we get to the final and meet Celtic. The length of the loan suggests there must be doubts over foster and Hanlon coming back any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by 1van Sprou7e View Post

Kickback is a strange place just now with some venting their frustrations,some keeping the party line and some in the middle. The cup defeat has really shaken them though having watched the highlights of the partick game they were even worse on Saturday. I think it's dawning on them that maybe Robbie wasn't that bad after all though they had to watch eye bleeding football as loads quoted. The worst thing re Cathy's team is they seem to have no clear set up and when that happens your goosed. Glad I'm not a jambo right now as it isn't looking great. Shame eh.
    Last edited by mjhibby; 28-02-2017 at 03:17 AM.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    Ambrose will be good for Hibs and
    Hibs will be good for Ambrose.
    Could well become a cult hero.
    Strong and fast.
    Hopefully scoring a few goals from corners.
    Some exciting runs out of defence.
    Hopefully not many gaffs.
    Lennon knows him better than most.
    Sounds a good and fun signing.
    Looking forward to it.
    I believe his Celtic contract is up in the summer so if he signs and does well there is a chance he could become a permanent signing although I suspect he would be looking for English Championship money.
    What tune is that to?

Does that mean Hibs now have an AFCON winner in the ranks? Jambos must be spewing. Djoum was being labeled as the new messiah. Scott Wilson quickly running out of material.

This is terrible .... yet another loan deal from Celtic, as if it wasn't embarrassing enough having two who made a massive contribution to us winning the cup ( it was bad enough seeing 150,000 people with the nerve to celebrate that ) we then sign bloody Commons who makes a significant contribution to us currently having a 7 point lead in the league and we shamefully follow that up by signing another one who might just possibly dig us out of a defensive hole

I hope the Yams haven't noticed this .......... they will be right to point out that our failure to employ a scatter gun approach and bring in a pile of dross is classless .... they will rightly point out that loan signings from by a mile the country's best club cant be justified just coz it helped us make a few cup finals and points us in the right direction in the league .... I know they wouldn't want that for their club they are proud of being utter ***** and wouldn't want to change that by utilising a perfectly legitimate loan system just because it might one day get them past the 5th round of the Scottish cup.

As for Efe Ambrose himself .......... It would be daft to write him off just because of some poor performances in the past, you simply don't get to play over 150 games for Celtic and be trusted to play in the Champions league if you are consistently rubbish. He will be aware that periods at Hibs have helped to revive Anthony Stokes career and pushed Liam Henderson's into the limelight. On that note, I'm sure Liam wont have been slow to tell Efe what a joy it is to play for the mighty Hibees

More than willing to give the guy a chance with a clean slate .... If this is a done deal then welcome to Easter Road Efe

Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    Don't know if it was the same guy but I remember a player coming up for a midweek game(?) against Rangers(?).
    He played a blinder in defence, Hearts won and he shot the craw hame the very next day.
    It was a midweek match. I thought it was against Celtic at Tynecastle. He was an ex-Wimbledon player if I recall correctly.

It was to cover for defenders suspended after four players were suspended following the Ibrox fiasco.

Left by mutual consent!
    Smart move by NL, even if Ambrose just plays a few games it could be crucial to put away this league when we're short and the Ayr cup game is a must win.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post
    It was a midweek match. I thought it was against Celtic at Tynecastle. He was an ex-Wimbledon player if I recall correctly.

It was to cover for defenders suspended after four players were suspended following the Ibrox fiasco.
    It was Andy Thorn - Hearts 1-0 Celtic (League Cup quarter final, 1996)

Tony Mowbray was desperate to take him to Blackburn. I think most will agree that Tony could spot a good player.
    Looking forward to seeing Efe in. hibs shirt.

unless we were to get sellik in the final, and he cant play against them??

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SRH View Post
    Rocky will be familiar with him as a defender anyway.
    How so?

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Still don't know if he is Cup-tied but apparently he is allowed to play against his parent club in the Cup. He may be allowed in theory but I wonder if the parent club can include a clause saying 'no'.
    He hasnt played in celtics scottish cup games this season so he would be available for Ayr. Different thing if we were to be drawn against Celtic however hopefully we would have some centre backs returning by then.