hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 219

Thread: Haye v Bellew

  1. #31
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    9,212
    Quote Originally Posted by hibs#1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lee Selby on now,in my not so expert opinion I've always thought Selby is/was a class act.footwork and movement always looks class.but he doesn't have much luck in getting big fights doesn't seem well promoted to me.I believe this is last fight with matchroom be interesting to see where goes next.
    He looked pretty ordinary imo. He needs as you say a big fight. There's a couple of fighters around just now that can't seem to get the big fight they want. I think that's down to the healthy state of British boxing atm.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #32
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    420
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He looked pretty ordinary imo. He needs as you say a big fight. There's a couple of fighters around just now that can't seem to get the big fight they want. I think that's down to the healthy state of British boxing atm.

    Tbf he had been out the ring for about a year so could have been a bit rusty.

    As you say British boxing is very healthy just now.more TV companies are getting involved which is great just hope we get to see all the great potential match ups.

  4. #33
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    9,212
    Quote Originally Posted by hibs#1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tbf he had been out the ring for about a year so could have been a bit rusty.

    As you say British boxing is very healthy just now.more TV companies are getting involved which is great just hope we get to see all the great potential match ups.
    I hope so too. Tonight could be the first of many great domestic match ups this year.

  5. #34
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    9,212
    I can see Josh Taylor being involved in a big fight this year.

  6. #35
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    420
    David Allen another interesting one not much skill there but tough and very powerful.

  7. #36
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    420
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can see Josh Taylor being involved in a big fight this year.
    Yes still very inexperienced but looks some prospect
    I'd maybe try and match him with Tommy coyle next.I know he's got a fight already scheduled or perhaps the winner of o'Hara Matthews.

  8. #37
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    9,212
    Quote Originally Posted by hibs#1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes still very inexperienced but looks some prospect
    I'd maybe try and match him with Tommy coyle next.I know he's got a fight already scheduled or perhaps the winner of o'Hara Matthews.
    I might be wrong, but I get the impression that they're going to fast track him to a world title fight. I got tickets for his next fight at meadowbank. We'll know more after that.

  9. #38
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    420
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I might be wrong, but I get the impression that they're going to fast track him to a world title fight. I got tickets for his next fight at meadowbank. We'll know more after that.
    I did hear Barry mcguigan calling for the Ricky burns fight this year.

  10. #39
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    420
    Coming out to the undertakers music haha

  11. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by hibs#1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I did hear Barry mcguigan calling for the Ricky burns fight this year.
    Mcguigan Snr said after his Commonwealth fight at Meadowbank that a match up with Burns was a way off after Shane said 6 months. May be next year but all depends on how Burns next fight goes as well.

  12. #41
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    420
    Quote Originally Posted by HibernianJK View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mcguigan Snr said after his Commonwealth fight at Meadowbank that a match up with Burns was a way off after Shane said 6 months. May be next year but all depends on how Burns next fight goes as well.
    I might have picked it up wrong.

    O'hara looked impressive in the same weight division.

  13. #42
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    9,212
    Quote Originally Posted by hibs#1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I might have picked it up wrong.

    O'hara looked impressive in the same weight division.
    He was very impressive there against a tough fighter.

  14. #43
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    420
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He was very impressive there against a tough fighter.
    He looks very big for weight and very powerful.boxed smart aswell.

  15. #44
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    9,212
    Quote Originally Posted by hibs#1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He looks very big for weight and very powerful.boxed smart aswell.
    I've got ringside seats for Taylor at the end of the month. Hopefully he looks as impressive as I can see the two of them putting on a real show later in the year.

  16. #45
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    420
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've got ringside seats for Taylor at the end of the month. Hopefully he looks as impressive as I can see the two of them putting on a real show later in the year.
    I think they will hold off until there is a world title on the line.how much did the tickets cost you?if you don't mind me asking.

  17. #46
    Always liked Paulie Malignaggi. Be interesting to see what he has left.

    His bravery during the Miguel Cotto fight was second to none.

  18. #47
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    9,212
    Quote Originally Posted by hibs#1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think they will hold off until there is a world title on the line.how much did the tickets cost you?if you don't mind me asking.
    130 with the booking fee.

  19. #48
    @hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Leith
    Age
    37
    Posts
    3,630
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Always liked Paulie Malignaggi. Be interesting to see what he has left.

    His bravery during the Miguel Cotto fight was second to none.
    He's a hard guy not to like, love him when he's doing commentary as well, really good insight into it all

  20. #49
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    420
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    130 with the booking fee.
    Not bad for ringside.I'm a big boxing fan and I've never actually been to see a fight live yet.need to get my finger out.

  21. #50
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    9,212
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Always liked Paulie Malignaggi. Be interesting to see what he has left.

    His bravery during the Miguel Cotto fight was second to none.
    I like him too. I really hope he's still got enough to put on a show. He's the sort of fighter who seems to be ageless. Class is permanent, but in boxing it's not always enough.

  22. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's a hard guy not to like, love him when he's doing commentary as well, really good insight into it all
    Absolutely. Not your usual cliche stuff. Properly points out things an untrained eye might miss.

  23. #52
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    420
    Always liked malignaggi as well should be a good fight.

  24. #53
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    9,212
    Quote Originally Posted by hibs#1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not bad for ringside.I'm a big boxing fan and I've never actually been to see a fight live yet.need to get my finger out.
    Tickets are still on sale mate. I should have said that 130 was for 2 tickets.

  25. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I like him too. I really hope he's still got enough to put on a show. He's the sort of fighter who seems to be ageless. Class is permanent, but in boxing it's not always enough.
    It's always sad seeing a good pro go on too long. Much as I enjoyed Hatton beating Castillo it was sad to see one of the best lightweights of his era looking for a way out.

    Hopefully Malignaggi still has something to offer tonight.
    I fell in love with football as I was later to fall in love with women,. Suddenly, uncritically giving no thought to the pain it could bring. - Nick Hornby

  26. #55
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    420
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tickets are still on sale mate. I should have said that 130 was for 2 tickets.
    Cheers I did think that.where did you get them?

  27. #56
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    420
    Ring announcer doesn't like malignaggi's name.

  28. #57
    Testimonial Due The_Exile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    East Lothian
    Posts
    2,131
    Would love Paulie to win this one.

  29. #58
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    420
    Size difference is unreal.

  30. #59
    Testimonial Due The_Exile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    East Lothian
    Posts
    2,131
    Apparently Paulie to be on commentary later if he's not too bashed up

  31. #60
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    9,212
    Quote Originally Posted by hibs#1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cheers I did think that.where did you get them?
    They're on ticketmaster mate. We're in block b if you fancy joining us

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved