hibs.net Messageboard

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 211 to 219 of 219

Thread: Haye v Bellew

  1. #211
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    437
    Quote Originally Posted by JackLadd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bellew has skills, was slipping punches and countering well, but no way is he a hw with enough pop. Put him in with any of Wilder, Parker, Joshua, Wlad and he'd be KO'd quick. Going to the body would ruin him if you can't catch him clean.
    Think he's only looking for the big money tbh.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #212
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    152
    Quote Originally Posted by JackLadd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bellew has skills, was slipping punches and countering well, but no way is he a hw with enough pop. Put him in with any of Wilder, Parker, Joshua, Wlad and he'd be KO'd quick. Going to the body would ruin him if you can't catch him clean.
    Don't see why Bellew couldn't compete with Parker and at a push, even Wilder. The first 6 rounds of the Haye fight, he all but matched him and took big shots, Parker can't hit like Haye and if Bellew can take big hits from as big a hitter as Haye, he can trade with Parker comfortably I believe.

    Parker and Wilder are a level below Anthony Joshua.

  4. #213
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    437
    Quote Originally Posted by yonder1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't see why Bellew couldn't compete with Parker and at a push, even Wilder. The first 6 rounds of the Haye fight, he all but matched him and took big shots, Parker can't hit like Haye and if Bellew can take big hits from as big a hitter as Haye, he can trade with Parker comfortably I believe.

    Parker and Wilder are a level below Anthony Joshua.


    I'd agree with what you say.I'd like I said earlier if he's after the biggest paydays then it's the heavyweight division there isn't any big names in the cruiserweights to offset the dangerous fighters.

  5. #214
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    152
    Quote Originally Posted by hibs#1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd agree with what you say.I'd like I said earlier if he's after the biggest paydays then it's the heavyweight division there isn't any big names in the cruiserweights to offset the dangerous fighters.
    Of course mate, why wouldn't Bellew push for another heavyweight fight when he knows he'll get paid over x10 what he would at cruiserweight to secure his and his family's futures? We all would!

  6. #215
    @hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Age
    44
    Posts
    7,819
    Quote Originally Posted by yonder1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Of course mate, why wouldn't Bellew push for another heavyweight fight when he knows he'll get paid over x10 what he would at cruiserweight to secure his and his family's futures? We all would!
    I think his family's future is very secure already TBF. Have you seen his hoose!

  7. #216
    Quote Originally Posted by yonder1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Of course mate, why wouldn't Bellew push for another heavyweight fight when he knows he'll get paid over x10 what he would at cruiserweight to secure his and his family's futures? We all would!
    Cruiserweight Oleksandr Usyk is a special talent and Murat Gassiev, Denis Lebedev, Krzysztof Glowacki are very tough fights for Bellew also. Now that Bellew's made his big money in a UK super fight hyped up to target the casual fans I think he should try for a unification fight back down at cruiserweight. Although I think Bellew loses to them all imo. Usyk would likely school him.

    Wilder has a lot of technical flaws as a boxer but he could potentially do serious damage to Bellew. He hits extremely hard with those wild swings of his. Joshua is a no no fight as well obviously due to his shear size and power. I know Haye can also bang but he was closer to Bellew in size and words been around for a long time that Haye's shot and falling to bits making the fight lower risk than it would have been in Haye's prime but still a very high reward . Sure, another fight at heavyweight would be more than enough to secure Bellews families future but there's also a chance he could get seriously hurt. Wilder's already nearly killed someone in the ring ffs. I shudder to think what the shot Wilder hospitalized Artur Szpilka with would do to a natural light heavy/cruiserweight. I know Bellew has a decent chin but I remember when he couldn't handle the power of ko artist Adonis Stevenson when they fought at light heavyweight so anybody who thinks Bellew can take full shots from Wilder is living in cloud cuckoo land.
    Last edited by Brussel Patepy; 08-03-2017 at 07:25 AM.

  8. #217
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    437
    Quote Originally Posted by Brussel Patepy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cruiserweight Oleksandr Usyk is a special talent and Murat Gassiev, Denis Lebedev, Krzysztof Glowacki are very tough fights for Bellew also. Now that Bellew's made his big money in a UK super fight hyped up to target the casual fans I think he should try for a unification fight back down at cruiserweight. Although I think Bellew loses to them all imo. Usyk would likely school him.

    Wilder has a lot of technical flaws as a boxer but he could potentially do serious damage to Bellew. He hits extremely hard with those wild swings of his. Joshua is a no no fight as well obviously due to his shear size and power. I know Haye can also bang but he was closer to Bellew in size and words been around for a long time that Haye's shot and falling to bits making the fight lower risk than it would have been in Haye's prime but still a very high reward . Sure, another fight at heavyweight would be more than enough to secure Bellews families future but there's also a chance he could get seriously hurt. Wilder's already nearly killed someone in the ring ffs. I shudder to think what the shot Wilder hospitalized Artur Szpilka with would do to a natural light heavy/cruiserweight. I know Bellew has a decent chin but I remember when he couldn't handle the power of ko artist Adonis Stevenson when they fought at light heavyweight so anybody who thinks Bellew can take full shots from Wilder is living in cloud cuckoo land.

    The 4 names you mention.I doubt he'll fight them as you say very dangerous fights for him plus none are household names so the risk reward is lesser.personally I think we'll get the Haye rematch or he'll fight at heavyweight.

    Further down you mention Stevenson and your right he destroyed him (that's why I thought he had no chance against haye)I think he has proven he can fight to a game plan and avoid being hit neither parker or Wilder are the most skilful of boxers.plus money and the chance to win a heavyweight title is a huge incentive.

  9. #218
    Testimonial Due Hiberniankb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Leith
    Posts
    1,148
    He would be better fighting another heavyweight because Usyk schools him in a bad way

  10. #219
    Quote Originally Posted by hibs#1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The 4 names you mention.I doubt he'll fight them as you say very dangerous fights for him plus none are household names so the risk reward is lesser.personally I think we'll get the Haye rematch or he'll fight at heavyweight.

    Further down you mention Stevenson and your right he destroyed him (that's why I thought he had no chance against haye)I think he has proven he can fight to a game plan and avoid being hit neither parker or Wilder are the most skilful of boxers.plus money and the chance to win a heavyweight title is a huge incentive.
    I hope he fights at cruiserweight mate. That's where he really should be fighting. But as you say its high risk low reward due to the best in the cruiserweight division being extremely good but unknown to the casual fans which is where the big money's at, and also the cruiserweight division being one of the more historically unglamorous ones.

    Haye looked shot to bits even before the injury. The physical attributes that made him what he was were completely gone. Bellew took advantage of that with a game plan and boxed well. It will be much harder to pull that off against Parker and especially Wilder who is very athletic and certainly not shot like Haye was, plus he's also much bigger. Wilder boxed poorly in his last fight and usually always does but he seems to always find the KO and it's usually brutal. I think his wildness, awkward punching angles and poor technique all around has its advantages as it makes his offence unpredictable. I also don't think Bellew has the strengh or power to fight big natural heavyweights in their physical prime's. If they don't respect his power, and he can't keep away from them, then he's taking a beating in my opinion.

    I will add I think Bellew's a better boxer than both Wilder and Parker and probably better than anybody they have fought. Wilder has a padded record, his best win is Bermane Stiverne which is embarrassing for a champion who's defended his title 9 times. It's just the size difference I have issues with really. If Bellew does fight one of them I hope he proves me wrong and retires a very wealthy man.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved