hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Haye v Bellew

Haye v Bellew

Who wins?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Haye comfortably. Hope he sparks out that bellend.

Haye is the better boxer and I was convinced he'd win.

However his training seems to have been a bit Lennox Lewis pre his 1st fight with Rahman and that didn't turn out so well. If he's not 100% and gets sloppy or caught then who knows.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Couple of total fuds and I think Bellew has him rattled a bit. Haye should be too good though.

I think Bellew. He seems more focused.

Haye within 3 or 4 rounds, will have a cheeky wee bet on a Haye KO in the 3rd and although he is coming across as not giving a flying one, there's no reports from the camp of him taking training or his opponent lightly. I think the whole act towards the media is exactly that, an act, and he will be more than ready to carry out a brutal demolition from the 1st bell. Bellew has a punchers chance.
    Last edited by The_Exile; 26-02-2017 at 11:47 PM.

Haye easy I think. Bellew cant take a punch at cruiserweight never mind at heavy!

Hope Hayes splatters him all over the canvas.

Bellow would be delighted to achieve half of what have did.

I really can't see bellew getting anything out of this at all I do get what he saying about haye being a small heavyweight/big cruiserweight and them being the same height.
    But adonis Stevenson absolutely destroyed bellew he was roughly 3.5 stone lighter than haye.plus haye has always had great power and speed.even if he is done I'd imagine he'll at very least still pack the power.

So haye inside 3 rounds for me.

First Team Breakthrough
    Got a few mayes coming over to watch this. Actualy think its going to be a realy bad fight thou, haye is done and is a conman trying to get extra pay days. I dont realy mind bellew but he said it how it was about haye being a conman and a tit so for that i hope he gets the w

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Think Haye will win this easily, smarter, naturally bigger, far harder and quicker to the punch. Bellew will never have been hit as hard. I struggling to see any advantage Bellew might have.

Like our beloved football and sport in general though, you just never know.

I really can't stand David Haye, I'm not a huge fan of Tony Bellew either although I hope he wins.

Haye comes across as completely insincere, arrogant and very condescending.

This whole war of words between them is all for show IMO and to make money. The pair of them will be laughing all the way to the bank.

Haye showed his true character by referring to Bellew's fans as "******s" the other day.

Nice guy.

I wouldn't thank you for subscribing to this event.

Left by mutual consent!
    If Belew is still in the fight beyond the mid rounds it could get interesting but I doubt he will be. Haye tko4.

@hibs.net private member TheGreenMan's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: N/A
    Decent places in Edinburgh to watch this? Also what time is it likely to start?

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by JackLadd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Belew is still in the fight beyond the mid rounds it could get interesting but I doubt he will be. Haye tko4.
    Yep. Want. Bellew to win but I think along the same lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by F_Sauzee_4 View Post
    Footlights on Spittal Street is decent for boxing. Big screen, pool table and pints are pretty good.

They also show German football all weekend but that's an irrelevant aside.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

This fight could prove to be a total mismatch to be quite honest. The build up and the verbals (and punches lol) that have been exchanged have sold this fight. Brook Spence is the PPV fight I'm looking forward to.

Absolute mismatch and ridiculous its on PPV considering the undercard is crap. Ohara Davies and Derry Matthews is the chief support ffs.

Haye will destroy Bellew as soon as he wants , I woudnt be surprised if it's over in round 1. Tony Bellew would be knocked out by someone like Mairis Breidis if he was fighting in the lower weight class of Cruiserweight never mind a 16 stone plus David Haye.

Also , don't think for a second that Haye hasn't trained hard for this fight. You don't get to 9 percent body fat and the physique he displayed at the weigh in without a serious training camp behind you. His chief sparring partner for the fight was Bryant Jennings who is arguably a top 10 heavyweight and someone who himself would be a favourite to beat Bellew. He is also trained by Shane McGuigan who is a top coach very much into sports science so his conditioning will be absolutely spot on.

You can get 5/1 on Bellew to win when it should be atleast double that.
    Last edited by Since90+2; 04-03-2017 at 09:37 AM.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Can't see Bellend lasting more than a couple of rounds, three at most.

Closer the fight gets the more I see a Haye stoppage. He looked in great shape at the weigh in.

Bellew was stopped at light heavyweight. David Haye is a notoriously hard puncher and stopped a few guys who had previously been seen as having strong chins.

Haye inside 7.

I want Bellew to win but it looks like it's all a game plan to get Haye and Joshua in the ring.

Joshua has chipped in with a couple of comments recently about not liking Haye so it looks like that rivalry is already building.

Seems to be turning into a WWE-esque type scenario with storylines and results already pre determined which will all build towards one super fight.

Haye is a dick and I hope he runs out of steam but like I said, I fear it's all story building aimed at making Anthony Joshua the biggest sports star on the planet!

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Bellew has been duped by Haye into thinking he's been on a jolly in Miami on a yacht. All the footage of him barely breaking sweat during his on deck "work outs" and a few selfies in a nightclub have really done the trick. All very calculated by Haye & McGuigan Now he's seen him at close quarters at the weigh in, Bellew has changed his tune and is drooling over his physique and is now claiming he's going run out of steam cos he too ripped. The one thing I do agree with from Bellew is that this is the first time in a few years that a Haye opponent will actually try to punch back.

I predict Haye will play with him a while then blow him away pretty much whenever he fancies.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    I'll join in.
    Bellew to win in 2nd round.

I hadn't even heard of Bellew until a few weeks ago
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Haye should win, but I've got a sneaky feeling that he might not have the hunger if it turns into a bit of a war. Bellew is a tough customer and he'll get in close with Haye and try and rough him up early on. Either way I can't wait for it.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Haye should win, but I've got a sneaky feeling that he might not have the hunger if it turns into a bit of a war. Bellew is a tough customer and he'll get in close with Haye and try and rough him up early on. Either way I can't wait for it.
    Problem I see with that is Bellew can be very reckless coming forward. If he tries to get in close and is careless and Haye catches him clean then he's in big trouble.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Problem I see with that is Bellew can be very reckless coming forward. If he tries to get in close and is careless and Haye catches him clean then he's in big trouble.
    I totally agree with that, but I still think that's the way Bellew will approach it it. If he tries to fight Haye at length he'll get picked off.
    On a completely unrelated matter, last year at Cheltenham I was out having a beer on the balcony in the Istabraq bar which overlooks the entrance and a guy approached in a bright blue suit. I said to my mate there's Don Goodman. I shouted how you doing Don, he looked up and gave me the stare, at that point I realised it was David Haye. I felt like a right tit. I've never heard the end of it.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    I totally agree with that, but I still think that's the way Bellew will approach it it. If he tries to fight Haye at length he'll get picked off.
    On a completely unrelated matter, last year at Cheltenham I was out having a beer on the balcony in the Istabraq bar which overlooks the entrance and a guy approached in a bright blue suit. I said to my mate there's Don Goodman. I shouted how you doing Don, he looked up and gave me the stare, at that point I realised it was David Haye. I felt like a right tit. I've never heard the end of it.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    £30 on Haye to KO Bellew in 4th round.

Lee Selby on now,in my not so expert opinion I've always thought Selby is/was a class act.footwork and movement always looks class.but he doesn't have much luck in getting big fights doesn't seem well promoted to me.I believe this is last fight with matchroom be interesting to see where goes next.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by F_Sauzee_4 View Post

10.30 - 10.45 start time.