hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Yesterday's Ref

First Team Breakthrough

Yesterday's Ref

The ref yesterday was the worst Ive seen in a long time , desicion making was awful.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Not the first time he's had a shocker refereeing us. Some of his decisions yesterday were baffling.

Quote Originally Posted by frazeHFC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not the first time he's had a shocker refereeing us. Some of his decisions yesterday were baffling.
    Never seems to get calls right with us, or anyone for that matter. Beaton is a shocking referee

He was disgraceful

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    It's lucky I value my season ticket otherwise I would have ran on the pitch and lamped him. Infuriating.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    It would be great if there was a totally independent body that could review a video of the whole game and publish a report on their analysis of the ref's performance.
    Unfortunately there isn't and there won't ever be.
    Last edited by snooky; 26-02-2017 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dastardly8 View Post
    The ref yesterday was the worst Ive seen in a long time , desicion making was awful.
    He was mainly terrible against us but in the first half he tried to diffuse a situation by putting Fyvie in a headlock and then booking Higginbotham a if he had lifted his hands to Fyvie

Stopped th play far too much, most frustratingly when their players went down clearly not with head knocks

First Team Regular
    Higginbottom should have defo had 2nd yellow .
    and the number 9 had fyvvie in a necklock !

Quote Originally Posted by Earlydelivery View Post
    Higginbottom should have defo had 2nd yellow .
    and the number 9 had fyvvie in a necklock !
    Higginbottom shouldn't have been booked for that incident because it was one of their other players who grabbed Fyvie's neck.

Just another example of Beaton's incompetence.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    Higginbottom shouldn't have been booked for that incident because it was one of their other players who grabbed Fyvie's neck.

Just another example of Beaton's incompetence.
    Beaton told him 'I have to book someone' and chose him. The centre half was the one that grabbed Fyvie round the throat (Moffat) I think and then the ref tried to get him in a headlock

Where do you start .... an absolutely abysmal performance. As another poster said his inability to play on affected us at least twice, the one where we had a really good breakaway going and he pulled us back for a non head injury to a Dunfermline player was a disgrace. He penalised Holt for a 50/50 clash between him and a Dunfermline player where neither had committed a foul and where the ball had broken for us in a dangerous area.

He fell for an outrageous con by McMullan ( No 18 ) at the start of the game where he went down like he had been shot by a sniper even though Gray had clearly made no contact with him ..... McMullan was excellent for them apart from that bit of cheating.

His performance reminded me of those odd times you see an ambitious ref given a big game where he clearly sets out to give nothing to the home team in order to try to show the assessor in the stands that he cant be intimidated by a big home crowd. He adds a cherry on top of that by making sure he gives the home manager a dressing down for having the temerity to suggest that he might be bloody useless.

Beaton's performance yesterday was right up there with some of the worst I have ever witnessed and its not often you say that after a game where the ref has awarded you a penalty and you haven't even been beaten !!!

The time we were on for a counter attack and their guy went down with a LEG injury. Beaton couldn't wait to blow his whistle.

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    am I correct in saying when the scuffle went on with FF the ref ran up and pushed Fyvie in the back?

I am petty certain this happened. It was shocking

I have said this many times before but in my book, it is almost impossible to be so consistently incompetent in any line of work, so it has to be something else.
    He is by no means alone in being consistently incompetent while refereeing a Hibs game.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Trager View Post
    am I correct in saying when the scuffle went on with FF the ref ran up and pushed Fyvie in the back?

I am petty certain this happened. It was shocking

Basically, he booked the victims. Fyvie for being strangled and Stevenson for experiencing a vicious assault.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by killie-hibby View Post
    Basically, he booked the victims. Fyvie for being strangled and Stevenson for experiencing a vicious assault.
    Fyvie's foul was a booking all day long. Some would argue it could have been a straight red.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    My question was regarding whether or not the ref ran and pushed fyvie. From my recollection the ref ran and pushed fyvie, almost acting as if he was on the opposing team

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Fyvie's foul was a booking all day long. Some would argue it could have been a straight red.
    Did the strangler get booked? Should have been.

Nope. Fyvie lived.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    Nope. Fyvie lived.
    I did worry about that.

No.

Beaton booked Higginbottom instead, with the explanation that he had to book someone. However there was no way that he could have missed the hand on Fyvie's throat as it was what prompted Beaton to grab Fyvie and push him away. Pure incompetence by Beaton as usual.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Should have been sent off.

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Where do you start .... an absolutely abysmal performance. As another poster said his inability to play on affected us at least twice, the one where we had a really good breakaway going and he pulled us back for a non head injury to a Dunfermline player was a disgrace. He penalised Holt for a 50/50 clash between him and a Dunfermline player where neither had committed a foul and where the ball had broken for us in a dangerous area.

He fell for an outrageous con by McMullan ( No 18 ) at the start of the game where he went down like he had been shot by a sniper even though Gray had clearly made no contact with him ..... McMullan was excellent for them apart from that bit of cheating.

His performance reminded me of those odd times you see an ambitious ref given a big game where he clearly sets out to give nothing to the home team in order to try to show the assessor in the stands that he cant be intimidated by a big home crowd. He adds a cherry on top of that by making sure he gives the home manager a dressing down for having the temerity to suggest that he might be bloody useless.

Beaton's performance yesterday was right up there with some of the worst I have ever witnessed and its not often you say that after a game where the ref has awarded you a penalty and you haven't even been beaten !!!
    I think it was also McMullan that grim reaper'd Fontaine and escaped a yellow card.

I thought that gargoyles tackle on Fontaine was brutal it was about two inches below his knee and nowhere near the ball. Maybe deserved a red! It was that bad it put Fontaine out the game.

I did worry about that.
    He got a right Beaton as well.