hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by DexterStJock View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We ****ed it again. Lennon doesn't know how to get the job done. Management of an idiot.
    Were you saying that on Wednesday?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by #Persevere View Post
    Beating Dunfermline at Easter Road unrealistic? Pish and blah blah indeed!
    Is it? Have we beaten everyone else at home or have I imagined the games I have witnessed.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by NthCarolinaHibs View Post
    Ah'm lost for words....I think we were lucky to get a point after a confusing second half performance,at home, against a team towards the foot of the second tier of Scottish football...
    Dunfermline have lost twice in 17 games in 90 minutes. Hardly cannon fodder.

Left by mutual consent! Dunbar Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I'll probably get a bit of stick for this but I actually think the team deserve a lot of credit for digging out a result today.

Dunfermline were full of energy, very pacey and much more attacking than any other team has been at Easter Road this season. The heroics of Wednesday night obviously took their toll on the players, we looked leggy and tired for much of the game.

I thought the players' attitudes were great, they dug in and fought, and although we conceded, we held on to get a point and I actually think we finished stronger as Dunfermline tired and Bartley started to influence the midfield.

We were up against it today. Losing Fonts was massive with no recognised centre half on the bench I thought Crane did really well stepping in.

We didn't play well for much of the game but the team have everything, today was a point won through character and determination, and as disappointing as it undoubtedly is to lose a two goal lead, that point could easily have been a defeat if the players didn't pull themselves through.
    Matty, know where you are coming from. But for me losing a 2 goal lead against Dunfermline is just simply unacceptable. Not good enough.

Very comfortable first half an hour and looked easy.

We then chuck a 2 goal lead at home.

Not good.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmc View Post
    It appears that it's only us 2 in a parallel universe NCH....
    We, Hibs, us - fluked a lucky draw at home against a team from the nether regions of the second tier league in a third rate football country despite the fact that we had a two goal start!
    And yet some people see this as a cause for celebration??

3 years in this wilderness league is enough for me, ta.
    Where has anyone said they're celebrating?

It's was painfully bad. Using Wednesday to say they were leggy is just an excuse. They're professional footballers they should be able to play more than 1 game a week. That second half was as bad and disorganised I've seen us play since we came down. We are lucky Dundee United are useless. I'm more worried about Morton now

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Leith Dutch View Post
    Definitely felt the players had left a lot on the pitch Wednesday night and Dunfermline did pretty much what we did to the yams - came at us with energy and wanted every single ball.
    Pretty much the last thing Lennon said before the match was how difficult it was to raise your game on a Saturday after a big midweek fixture. He cited his own experience as a player following CL matches. Although it's true Hearts are no longer the force they were when they won the CL in 2008, still think it's clear many were knackered, one way or another, after 20 mins.

Dunfermline were very good.

@hibs.net private member
    We were very poor for an hour. Off the pace, gave the ball away cheaply and gave away a two goal lead. Not many positives for me Matty. A very strange match after the first 20 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by brianmc View Post
    It appears that it's only us 2 in a parallel universe NCH....
    We, Hibs, us - fluked a lucky draw at home against a team from the nether regions of the second tier league in a third rate football country despite the fact that we had a two goal start!
    And yet some people see this as a cause for celebration??

3 years in this wilderness league is enough for me, ta.
    Dont think people are celebrating the draw. Just putting it into perspective. Dunfy played way above their position.

I didn't think we showed a great deal of character to be honest. I thought one man ensured we didn't lose.

Nobody tried to take any responsibility. Fontaine going off obviously hindered us and having to play a makeshift centre half wasn't ideal. The other 3 defenders were still very experienced players though and nobody took any responsibility for helping either Bartley or Crane through it or trying to organise us when we were all over the place.

That's also two games in a row Fyvie has been hooked because he's been terrible. He's the only one that can't use the excuse of Wednesday either.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    I didn't think we showed a great deal of character to be honest. I thought one man ensured we didn't lose.

Nobody tried to take any responsibility. Fontaine going off obviously hindered us and having to play a makeshift centre half wasn't ideal. The other 3 defenders were still very experienced players though and nobody took any responsibility for helping either Bartley or Crane through it or trying to organise us when we were all over the place.

That's also two games in a row Fyvie has been hooked because he's been terrible. He's the only one that can't use the excuse of Wednesday either.
    Agree. Think it was a bad day at the office with few pass marks

Huh

Do you ever go to games mate? For a team in the Scottish Championship we are lucky to have the manager we do. Look at what he did over the last couple of weeks in terms of people and tactical management. Careful for what you wish for because I'm not sure who you think would come in and do something magically better.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunbar Hibee View Post
    Matty, know where you are coming from. But for me losing a 2 goal lead against Dunfermline is just simply unacceptable. Not good enough.
    My thoughts exactly

Before the game NL was asked about not making many changes, and replied "I can't, the squad is to thin". I think he would have liked to make changes but couldn't. If he had made wholesale changes he would have been accused of not taking the opposition seriously, and I think Dunfermline not having played since 14th February, were definitely the fresher team, due to our schedule over the last 11 days. If we hadn't made the good start that we did, it could've been a lot worse. As people have said the loss of Fonts, Beaton being a first class clown, Dunfy being fresher than us who gave their all on Wednesday, it was a great effort by our boys. This is the time of year when the real fight begins regarding relegation / winning the league / making the play offs, and forget the Ifs and buts, the fact is we are no worse off in the league and progressed in the cup. I'll take that at this stage of the season.

GGTTH

Scottish Cup Winners 2016
    7 points clear
    Destroyers of HMFC

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I'll probably get a bit of stick for this but I actually think the team deserve a lot of credit for digging out a result today.

Dunfermline were full of energy, very pacey and much more attacking than any other team has been at Easter Road this season. The heroics of Wednesday night obviously took their toll on the players, we looked leggy and tired for much of the game.

I thought the players' attitudes were great, they dug in and fought, and although we conceded, we held on to get a point and I actually think we finished stronger as Dunfermline tired and Bartley started to influence the midfield.

We were up against it today. Losing Fonts was massive with no recognised centre half on the bench I thought Crane did really well stepping in.

We didn't play well for much of the game but the team have everything, today was a point won through character and determination, and as disappointing as it undoubtedly is to lose a two goal lead, that point could easily have been a defeat if the players didn't pull themselves through.
    Sorry but for me simply not good enough we could and should be 15 points clear by now. Every time we have a chance to kick on we fail giving teams around us hope. Yes we had a tough game on wednesday but we were at home we did not tavel thousands of miles. We did not play Real Madrid we had probably the easiest ride in a Derby any of us can recall. So to surrender a two goal lead at home and to be lu ky to get a draw for me is not good enough.
    It is games likes this that are going to keep Falkirk and Dundee Utd interested and motivated. We must do better.

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    It's was painfully bad. Using Wednesday to say they were leggy is just an excuse. They're professional footballers they should be able to play more than 1 game a week. That second half was as bad and disorganised I've seen us play since we came down. We are lucky Dundee United are useless. I'm more worried about Morton now
    Around 15-20 minutes into the second half McGinn had a long spell of making the kind of mistakes you make when you're properly knackered. I don't believe he stopped putting in any effort or suddenly became a poor player who couldn't hit simple passes.

I just believe he had nothing left in the tank and I don't think he was alone in that.

We might have got away with it but it was a bigger issue due to Dunfermline playing with a lot of energy, closing down quickly and having a huge desire to get to the second ball - particularly second half.

Nobody is happy about the result but it's a very different situation to when we shipped 2 points against Raith the week before.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    We are 7 points clear, in the qf of the cup, haven't lost since 2nd December.

There's 11 games left in the league - nobody else is "stepping up" to challenge us in the league.

Even when we are pish we don't lose.

Agree with OP. It's effectively over now.

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post

There's 11 games left in the league - nobody else is "stepping up" to challenge us in the league.

Nobody stepping up to the challange - Aren't we lucky

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    Perhaps or maybe they are dropping points to the same teams we are? Glass half full/empty and all that.

@hibs.net private member

We really shouldn't have to rely on other teams not "stepping up" though should we?

Two dropped rather than one gained

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Perhaps or maybe they are dropping points to the same teams we are? Glass half full/empty and all that.
    Hearts won this league in March with Rangers and us in it. Rangers won it in March with us in it. We must do better despite our strong position we dont have thisleague in the bag no one can be happy with our league form an we must do better. End of.

A team that's not lost since 2nd December isn't luck.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Hearts won this league in March with Rangers and us in it. Rangers won it in March with us in it. We must do better despite our strong position we dont have thisleague in the bag no one can be happy with our league form an we must do better. End of.
    I don't think anyone is disputing any if that but it's not down to luck that nobody is getting closer to us. Having said that was it bad luck Gray crewed up yestherday, Fontaine got injured, the ref was poor and Dunfermline continued their form over the last few months? Was it down to good luck Morton got a point yesterday or entirely predictable? Falkirk dropping a point against Dumbarton at home I might give you but we do know from experience howstuffy they can be. Anyhoo with a bit of luck we will win our next two and onto win the league.

A team that's not lost since 2nd December isn't luck.
    You are correct. Next question do you think our home form is good? Try to take in to account the squad we have the fan base and the fact we are in the second tier. Look at the last two winners of the league and where they were at this stage against stronger opposition.

Pish we shud have beaten Dunfermline simples and shouldnt be blaming wednesdays win for it as they are professional footballers so they can up their game for hearts but not for dunfermline? Lucky for us utd didnt win and thats 3 draws we have had against teams we should be beating. Not having this being happy with draws

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    I don't think anyone is disputing any if that but it's not down to luck that nobody is getting closer to us. Having said that was it bad luck Gray crewed up yestherday, Fontaine got injured, the ref was poor and Dunfermline continued their form over the last few months? Was it down to good luck Morton got a point yesterday or entirely predictable? Falkirk dropping a point against Dumbarton at home I might give you but we do know from experience howstuffy they can be. Anyhoo with a bit of luck we will win our next two and onto win the league.
    Yes i hope so too but really we should be further clear the sooner we stop viving teams hope the better. Lets get this done asap.

I'm not happy with the draws, just pointing out that - with every game that passes - the opposition lose chances to gain ground.

In two games time matches remaining will be in single figures.

It isn't pretty, it's a slog, but we are going up.

I am confident of that.

Really frustrating night and credit to pars who were great and very lively.

In the cold light of day we have drawn last three league games yet STILL have a 7 point lead (one more point than a 3 weeks ago) and with goal difference advantage it's equivalent to 8 points.

We have 11 games left.

We are in a very good position.

And the cup game hammering was the highlight of the season so far.

We are doing just fine.