hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member

Skooshers v Wetters

I wouldn't like to think I am a Bedwetter or a Skoosher. Years of watching Hibs has taught me not to take any result for granted and that your emotions will ebb and flow. This week could be bottled as an example of a typical week for a Hibee. I am certainly a very cautious Hibs fan and must admin to rarely being confident as when I have been the team very quickly knocks it out of me.

I am critical of Lennon as a "not convinced fan" but will also praise him when we perform. However, like all the Lenny lovers, I want him to succeed even though we both have different views of his abilities.

I do think there is good reason to be in either camp. The way the team and our rivals have played this year is probably the main reason for the half full/half empty nature of the forum currently.

At this point last year we were P25 W17 D4 L4 F41 A21 55PTS - 2 of the losses were to The Rangers and 6 of the goals. This year we are P25 W14 D9 L2 F41 A15 51PTS. So 4 points worse off but 6 goals less conceded.

So if you are a bit of a pessimist(bedwetter) like me - It is Sh*t, if we capitulate this year like wee did last year at this point, Week 25-28 0PTS, we could be in big trouble. especially when we have injuries. If you are an optimist(skoosher) then you are delighted that we are romping away 7 points clear with our rival's form worse than ours.

One thing is for sure we are in for an exciting end to the season. The support was really good today in difficult circumstances and there are some great signs that the team are going to be backed even when struggling. Unlike the Govt, I think all Hibees can agree we are all in this together regardless of whether we have different views on some points. Most importantly we all want the same end to the year, back to the top league and two in a row. Let's see each others pain or joy and realise that even though we sometimes don't agree we all want the best for the club. The Forum gets very heated around this time and the comments seem to be more personal. Let's give our views strongly but keep it to that.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I think we've all moved from the 'skooshers' and 'wetters' camp into the 'sleepwalkers' one. We are unimpressively and comatosely stumbling our way to the title through the inadequacies of the opposition.

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think we've all moved from the 'skooshers' and 'wetters' camp into the 'sleepwalkers' one. We are unimpressively and comatosely stumbling our way to the title through the inadequacies of the opposition.

This 100%, thankfully all the other teams are slightly worse than us, major surgery to this team is needed if we want to compete next season, presuming we go up of course.

Hibs to win the league by 10+

Thought it at the start and nothing has changed my mind. Roll on next season when we are playing top flight football.

Well said, are all Hibees the same? Never, ever confident going into a game?

Utter pish today, only good thing to say is that there's nobody in the league to give us the punishment we deserve. Either of the last 2 seasons and we would be 20+ pints adift.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe6-2 View Post
    Well said, are all Hibees the same? Never, ever confident going into a game?
    Sadly there lies the problem. The nerves from the stands can effect players. I totally get why, as Hibs have folded god knows how many times but I wish we could try change that attitude and start to believe in ourselves more.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Hibs to win the league by 10+

Thought it at the start and nothing has changed my mind. Roll on next season when we are playing top flight football.
    Agree

Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    Utter pish today, only good thing to say is that there's nobody in the league to give us the punishment we deserve. Either of the last 2 seasons and we would be 20+ pints adift.
    Punishment we deserve? What are you talking about?

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    He's not called nakedmanoncrack for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    That's a good point Lex 😁

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    The stats make for uncomfortable reading. Last year the criticism was that we didn't score enough goals and this has still to rectified despite having one of Scotland's hottest strikers. As for the defence, a big positive this season is we rarely discuss the goalkeeping position and a key part of the success is our on loan goalkeeper. When (not if) promotion comes getting him on more than a loan deal should be sorted out asap. My wish list (easier said than done) is then for a goalscoring midfielder and someone to partner JC up front.

Quote Originally Posted by Is It On.... View Post
    The stats make for uncomfortable reading. Last year the criticism was that we didn't score enough goals and this has still to rectified despite having one of Scotland's hottest strikers. As for the defence, a big positive this season is we rarely discuss the goalkeeping position and a key part of the success is our on loan goalkeeper. When (not if) promotion comes getting him on more than a loan deal should be sorted out asap. My wish list (easier said than done) is then for a goalscoring midfielder and someone to partner JC up front.
    I don't think he's on loan. Well you learn something new every day.
    Last edited by greenlex; 25-02-2017 at 11:43 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    This 100%, thankfully all the other teams are slightly worse than us, major surgery to this team is needed if we want to compete next season, presuming we go up of course.
    Im not so sure major changes are required, as much as we have been poor at times this season, this team has shown this season and last that against higher opposition it is good enough. Of course there is definitely room to improve and we should look to do that I just don't think a major overhaul is required.

Blog Entries
    As I said in the match thread today, I nearly made it to my road to Damascus today, watching us playing good football, two goals up and cruising. I honestly felt my genetic pessimism drifting from my mind, not quite ready to take out a skooshers subscription but ready to relax and see out the rest of the league campaign in a state of unaccustomed confidence. Alas, the realisation, that Hibs don't do things the easy way, made a comeback in the second half and I've resolved to avoid moments of weakness for the rest of the season till we are mathematically out of the woods.

I don't think he's on loan. Well you learn something new every day.
    You made me think I had screwed that up.
    Last edited by Is It On....; 26-02-2017 at 12:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Is It On.... View Post
    Do you know if we have an option to sign him when the loan deal finishes?
    I think it depends on what division we are in.

I think it depends on what division we are in.
    Ah...even more reason to get promoted.

What do you think I'm talking about?
    Do you dispute that in either of the last 2 seasons of indeed most seasons, no team would be so fortunate to be 7 clear at the top based on the results we have had?

Carry on abusing.

Sadly there lies the problem. The nerves from the stands can effect players. I totally get why, as Hibs have folded god knows how many times but I wish we could try change that attitude and start to believe in ourselves more.
    Yes, fans fault again.

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    John Beaton failed to deliver us a defeat today after a gargantuan effort - I remain in the skoosher camp.

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    Skoosher camp for me. Always said it'll be by 10+ in the end. Which I think most will agree, means we've skooshed it.

@hibs.net private member
    Im not sure what the legal definition of skooshing is but I think we'll win the league. I've a funny feeling it'll be tighter than a lot of folk think.

It does worry me that the current gap is really down to the inadequacies of Dundee United, Morton and Falkirk rather than our own brilliance.

We absolutely need to look at changes in the summer. That doesn't mean getting in a whole new team but we currently have only 1 real wide player, a raft of central midfielders who are very similar in their style of play and lack of goals and only 1 striker with any consistency in front of goal. I'd be looking to bring in around 4-5 players in the summer and we will need to make some tough decisions about who goes.

Can we afford to only have Mcgeough fit for a third of the season? Is Keatings good enough to play in the SPL? Do we need some real competition at full back for Gray and Stevenson?

So I think we'll go up, albeit not in as convincing a manner as I'd hoped but the sooner it's decided we can start planning for next season.

@hibs.net private member
    Lennon also needs to get to the bottom of our inconsistency. I'm not suggesting that's an easier task by any means and everyone losses games where you they deserve to win and vice versa but a few times I've watched us this season we've been so up and down its like watching different teams.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLake View Post
    John Beaton failed to deliver us a defeat today after a gargantuan effort - I remain in the skoosher camp.
    To be fair, Beaton wasn't biased against us.

Just completely incompetent, and How a couple of players didn't walk...Higinbottom after he had wrongly been yellow carded, but after that committed a bad foul...makes me wonder if refs have been issued with a memo instructing them not to send players off wherever possible...

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    To be fair, Beaton wasn't biased against us.

Just completely incompetent, and How a couple of players didn't walk...Higinbottom after he had wrongly been yellow carded, but after that committed a bad foul...makes me wonder if refs have been issued with a memo instructing them not to send players off wherever possible...
    I have my doubts about that and not just from the last game.

Who invented this 'skoosher'? Brings to mind Gary Locke. It's' happy clapper', gerritright.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Our problem is we don't score enough goals. The draws we have had have been down to not putting the ball in the back of the net. We could and should be able to score 3/4/5 goals most games, yesterday aside where we were lucky to get a point.

We're still a championship side with wage limits. Some folks expecting us to play like Barcalona every week? No going to happen like that is it and i'll be eternally grateful what everyone at Hibs have given me this last year. 7 pts clear with 11 games lett and still in the cup.....like it.