hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by oneone73 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Forster played at Tynie on February 12. How could his injury have been known in January?
    Jeez you're right. That game seems ages ago. Ignore me then I'm talking pish about that.

Lennon definitely did want to bring a CB in in January though.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Jeez you're right. That game seems ages ago. Ignore me then I'm talking pish about that.

Lennon definitely did want to bring a CB in in January though.
    I think Lennon tried to get a centre half who'd played at Celtic for him, i'm sure he went to Nottingham Forest?

Was it Wilson?

And suddenly Ambrose doesn't seem too bad after all

Don't know if I've missed it, but how bad is Fonts?

Quote Originally Posted by hibbymick View Post
    Can Conrad Logan play centre half ?
    Conrad can play anywhere he wants .

@hibs.net private member stantonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I think Lennon tried to get a centre half who'd played at Celtic for him, i'm sure he went to Nottingham Forest?

Was it Wilson?
    Aye..... Kelvin

Testimonial Due
    Couldn't we simply give Mcgregor Lewy's number 16 shirt? Would anyone notice the switch?

If McGregor is indeed suspended for Wednesday and Fonts cant make it then we are in a spot of bother no doubt about it. Time for another emergency loan which would surely be entirely justified in the circumstances .. don't ask me who though

That's bad enough, but its going to be just as bad if all we have is McGregor for the Ayr Utd game ...... Bartley clearly isn't centre half material so basically all we have to play with is a shuffled pack at the back and asking untried kids to step up. This could be a huge opportunity for somebody, or a disaster waiting to happen ..... it'll be interesting to see what happens, in a good way I hope.

Whatever the situation its taking hindsight to the limits to blame Lennon or Hibs in general for not getting in a CH in January .... in fact considering the fact that a striker, cover at left / right back and a goalscoring midfielder would IMO have been more of a priority I for one wouldn't have been that impressed to see a CH being brought in ahead of a player for those positions.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    If McGregor is indeed suspended for Wednesday and Fonts cant make it then we are in a spot of bother no doubt about it. Time for another emergency loan which would surely be entirely justified in the circumstances .. don't ask me who though

That's bad enough, but its going to be just as bad if all we have is McGregor for the Ayr Utd game ...... Bartley clearly isn't centre half material so basically all we have to play with is a shuffled pack at the back and asking untried kids to step up. This could be a huge opportunity for somebody, or a disaster waiting to happen ..... it'll be interesting to see what happens, in a good way I hope.

Whatever the situation its taking hindsight to the limits to blame Lennon or Hibs in general for not getting in a CH in January .... in fact considering the fact that a striker, cover at left / right back and a goalscoring midfielder would IMO have been more of a priority I for one wouldn't have been that impressed to see a CH being brought in ahead of a player for those positions.
    Mcgregor is suspended for the ayr game. Not Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    Mcgregor is suspended for the ayr game. Not Wednesday.
    Ah right ...... move the terrible situation on a few days then ..... just have to hope Fonts isn't too bad.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe6-2 View Post
    Don't know if I've missed it, but how bad is Fonts?
    Me too. Looked like an ankle knock, don't know if it was a kick or a twist he suffered

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Me too. Looked like an ankle knock, don't know if it was a kick or a twist he suffered
    It wasn't his ankle - he took a kick to the shin just below the shin-guard. I don't think that part of the leg is your ankle but it looked a sore one.

McMullan kicked him.

If that's the case it might just be a bruised bone.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post

We have 4 centre halves - Hanlon was going for an operation during the window so down to a known 3 for a good few weeks. Centre Halves pick up bookings so not that unusual for the odd suspension. Fonts and Jordon are both injury prone particularly Jordon. You would have done well to foresee we would be in this much of a mess but it was pretty obvious we were chancing it a bit. Lennon can't really be faulted if he tried to get a CH in but it could be a mistake that the club lives to regret, not necessarily anyone at fault. If we don't get past Ayr and it is due to the centre of defense then saving a few pennies is going to have cost us a good few pounds and we will never know what elses. That is only the cup the league could be even costlier.

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    We have 4 centre halves - Hanlon was going for an operation during the window so down to a known 3 for a good few weeks. Centre Halves pick up bookings so not that unusual for the odd suspension. Fonts and Jordon are both injury prone particularly Jordon. You would have done well to foresee we would be in this much of a mess but it was pretty obvious we were chancing it a bit. Lennon can't really be faulted if he tried to get a CH in but it could be a mistake that the club lives to regret, not necessarily anyone at fault. If we don't get past Ayr and it is due to the centre of defense then saving a few pennies is going to have cost us a good few pounds and we will never know what elses. That is only the cup the league could be even costlier.
    I'm sure Lennon is trying to get an emergency loan done for a ch. Hopefully have one for Wednesday if not Saturday.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 Mickey Weir View Post
    The problem with the emergency loan is it would need to be a player a SPL team don't want to play. Who have Celtic got in reserve?
    And that's the problem, there won't be many SPL clubs wanting players going out on emergency loan at this time in the year, the best we could hope for would be a young untested lad who has maybe sat on the bench a few times, the only option is to sign a unfit free agent.

The worry is he continued on for a bit before he went off, hope no more damage was done in that time.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    And that's the problem, there won't be many SPL clubs wanting players going out on emergency loan at this time in the year, the best we would hope for would be a young untested lad who has maybe sat on the bench a few times, the only option is to sign a unfit free agent.
    Would probably be better off playing our own fit young lads.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    The worry is he continued on for a bit before he went off, hope no more damage was done in that time.
    Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Of the 3 that play centre back for the development team, Porteous is at Edin City, and is cuptied, Ben Stirling is injured. The only centre back is Kevin Waugh, generally plays left side, good young player
    Calum Crane is predominantly a left back/wing back, but has played a number of times, left in a 3 man defence

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Of the 3 that play centre back for the development team, Porteous is at Edin City, and is cuptied, Ben Stirling is injured. The only centre back is Kevin Waugh, generally plays left side, good young player
    Calum Crane is predominantly a left back/wing back, but has played a number of times, left in a 3 man defence
    Good info thanks, would you be happy if we promoted Waugh short term?

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    Who are the five centre halves - Darren, Hanlon, Fonts and Forster - The only other one I can think of, out with with Development players, is David Gray who may be able to play there but isn't a centre half. I would see him as the right side of a 3 rather than in a pair. Lennon certainly thought that today.
    Yes 4 + Youngster

Will depend on how long our CHs are out for i suppose, really can't throw a few young lads in to defence when they have never played a competitive game before, i think Lennon would take a chance on a experienced unfit CH who might come in and hopefully do a job for us, either that or he puts Holt in the defence.

Good info thanks, would you be happy if we promoted Waugh short term?
    If it's Ayr on Saturday, don't think it would be fair on Kevin and ano. Think he'll need an experienced centre back beside him. If Fontaine isn't fit, don't think we should expose him, in my opinion.

Gray in beside either Fontaine (if fit) or Crane, with Bartley in front of them, and Boyle and Stevenson either side for me. Not ideal but probably the best we have. A case of hoping we score more than them.