hibs.net Messageboard

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgiegreens View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You brought AM into equation. Someone who works, and plays a lot harder than most football players so no comparison. 90 mins on Wednesday then a couple of light training sessions. So they have worked about 8 hours this week. Sounds like a hard shift.
    I only brought him in to counter your point. Which you have effectively conceded. Cheers.
    Last edited by marinello59; 25-02-2017 at 07:31 PM.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Tory Hibby View Post
    Dunfermline were excellent. Very lucky not to lose 5-2.

Players looked knackered. Hard to explain really.
    👍 Surprised Boyle got mom would've had keatings on earlier

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    We didn't see an improved defence?

Are you talking about the long term where it's the best in the country or the short term where we've zero fit centre backs?

Or are you just waffling?
    Check back to last season around now. Before tonight there was only around 4 goals more conceded up to this point. You could argue all four were in one game against The Rangers. The defense have been great this year and were up to this point last year. The one big mistake Stubbs made was keeping our Keeper. Lennon sorted that out and tonight it saved us a point. Our Keepers are better but the defense was built under Stubbs not Lennon and continues to do a good job. Hats of to Lennon for seeing they were good enough and making them a bit better with a good Keeper. Pity he couldn't have done the same with the forward line or midfield.

Dunfermline played very well to be fair,we looked a little shocked to the response from the pars,maybe a bit tired from that epic on Wednesday so nothing gained or lost,we go to st mirren in midweek where will will pick up more points

Why was Stevenson booked, yet Holt wasn't?

Quote Originally Posted by Malthibby View Post
    It was brutal in the end & too many players had 'mares, but it's difficult enough without a referee as bad as Beaton. I don't normally
    suggest refs are anything worse than inept but that performance was shocking - they got every decision going ( as a for instance, why wasn't Higgonbottam
    given a yellow for diving into the Dunny fans. He was obviously just celebrating but we are told it's an automatic yellow & he was already on a booking).
    We started so well & it did go horribly wrong but we are still out in front, no-one's made a move on us so let's take a collective chill pill. Good thing was the
    fans more or less stayed with the team, it does feel as if we are staying positive when things aren't working. Singing the SJM song when the poor sod was failing
    to make a single pass stick was testimony to that, assuming it wasn't group irony.

More worried about Fontaine's injury; any news?
    GG
    Good to see! With no more 1902 Monkeys, I think many people feel less hysterical about a misplaced pass or whatever. Its a good direction to be heading. Nonetheless, I dont think we could have done much from the stands about the second half today. They just didn't seem to have anything left in them. Something the players might reflect on today is just how important it is to quash the opposition morale when you go 2-0 up.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swedish hibee View Post
    We wondered that at the game, Holt's looked worse than Stevenson's.

My Grandad's answer was 'because the ref's a clown'

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    The lack of leadership on that pitch was appalling tonight.

The captain did nothing to try and get them going. And none of the experienced ones did anything at all to try and help with that. The just blankly looked at each other with nobody taking any responsibility whatsoever.
    The bit in bold - I agree.

Furthermore, had our goalkeeper not produced a number (I lost count) of terrific saves Hibs would (and really should) have been on a heavy and embarrassing defeat.

Totally naive, as a team, to concede a goal straight after going two goals up, and once again Hibs started the second half of a football match in third gear, and conceded again straight away. What do they do and say at HT? Very lucky to get a draw.

Another player injured today and our squad is starting to look a bit thin.

Being 100% honest, I wasn't entirely surprised by what happened. This league is quite competitive, albeit the quality isn't very good.

It's looking like this could go to the wire. How many times are Hibs going to drop the ball?

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swedish hibee View Post
    Booked for squaring up to the prick that hauled him back. Actually locked horns at one point. Possibly the most animated I've ever seen him.
    Last edited by greenlex; 25-02-2017 at 09:11 PM.

First Team Regular ForeverHibs93's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xox TopLad xox
    Interesting to see people slating the ref, I thought he done us as turn as Fyvie could have easily been sent off, no intention of playing the ball and from behind. The boys retaliation equally should have been a red as well, but you can't just ignore Fyvies challenge, it was a shocker.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverHibs93 View Post
    Interesting to see people slating the ref, I thought he done us as turn as Fyvie could have easily been sent off, no intention of playing the ball and from behind. The boys retaliation equally should have been a red as well, but you can't just ignore Fyvies challenge, it was a shocker.
    No chance it was a red card challenge in the middle of the park.

Yellow was correct

Quote Originally Posted by Supermac View Post
    Whore are the league leaders here???
    Sounds like an interesting league!

Quote Originally Posted by snedzuk View Post
    Sounds like an interesting league!
    Lol interesting league table

Coaching Staff
    Dunfermline did play well for substantial parts of the game, however towards the later part of the second half Hibs were certainly getting on top & at that point Dunfermline started to change tactics, fouling & feigning injury with the Ref giving them a helping hand. Perfect example was when Hibs cleared the ball from their penalty area & broke down the right, Dunfermline player went down no one near him & ref stopped play. Why not a head knock, one of many poor poor decisions.

Ref actually called that right IMO. Albeit the guy booked wasn't the one who grabbed fyvie by the throat.

I also think he got the Holt one right later in the game. By the looks of things there was a clash of heads and Holt was saying get up. Another guy comes over grabbing and barging Holt. Shake of the hands was best outcome and saved both teams a stupid booking.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    We were playing well until Fontaine's injury. The defence were unsettled and Grays fresh air swipe let them in the game. A tactical error by Lennon putting Bartley at CH let them run riot. Add Fyvie having the worst game of any Hibs player so far this season and we were lucky to be drawing until the point Crane came on for Fyvie and Bartley steadied the midfield. Really in trouble if Fontaine is out for the next 2 games.

At least we are still 7 points ahead and Rocky is a top keeper.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

@hibs.net private member hibbie02's Avatar
    Absolutely woeful performance in the second half. What is the lowest points total a team has won the Championship with? Are we aiming to beat that record?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    No chance it was a red card challenge in the middle of the park.
    FFs tackle was nasty, from behind and with a player running away from him into a promising area. It could easily have been a red. I also think Holt could get in bother for his of the ball kick/tackle near the end. He did brilliantly to chase the boy back but when the boy went again he just took him out right behind the ref. Beaton was shocking but a few decisions did go our way and I wouldn't say he had that much to do with the result.

Cummings penalty

a Video of Cummings Penalty if anyone hasn't seen it

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Over the two games I have seen them at ER Dunfermline are comfortably the best team we have played in this league.

Even at 2-0 I wouldn't concede we were all over them

I wouldn't be too critical of Hibs as its clear that we are down to the bare bones, I wonder how many wouldn't have played today if we had more options.

They managed to find all sorts of space between the midfield and defence and individually we had too many players have nightmares.

Stevenson never gets a chasing of anyone but did today of Higginbotham, but as usual he gave it his all.

Things that concerned me about today:

It was clear to me fairly early on that they were totally bossing the midfield and we didn't address this at all until Bartley moved into midfield and even then they still had the better of it for the most part.

It easy to get on Shinnie's back but he was comfortably the best of that midfield, right up until final execution

Has Lennon never tried Bartley in defence in training, I love big Marvin but he was absolutely brutal there and was all over the place positionally.

We are painfully short of bodies and the bench offered absolutely nothing, I cant understand why our transfer business has been so poor and so minimal.

Hibs have some really good players, the reason they aren't playing at a higher level is that they aren't really good players every week.

I don't believe that it is a lack of desire or anything as I would never fault their effort but IMO they aren't capable of delivering performances week in week out

We will still win this league as we overlook that teams around us are and will drop points for the same reasons as we do, injuries, tiredness and pressure to deliver but its going to be a pressured end to the season in which we cannot afford any more injuries

Plus points

Marciano- at last a keeper worthy of the jersey

Crane - did Brilliantly, playing out of position in a team getting a chasing