hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 61 to 78 of 78

Thread: Fatty Foulkes

  1. #61
    Testimonial Due One Day Soon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    In hope
    Age
    52
    Posts
    4,809
    Quote Originally Posted by MurrayfieldHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry buddy but that bit annoys me. I am currently an SNP supporter because I believe that they are doing a good job and they have a strong and credible plan for Scotland. This is not blind devotion but something that I have made a rational decision on based on SNP policy and track record and behaviours of other parties - when in and out of power.

    If you want to have examples of labour/tories ruining the country we will need a whole new thread!

    Thanks for taking my mind off the game today. It was a bit of a let down....

    You're not kidding.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #62
    Testimonial Due One Day Soon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    In hope
    Age
    52
    Posts
    4,809
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think a post independent Scotland with labour on board would be their only chance of a revival.

    Perhaps, but I don't really care about that to be honest. The last ten years have been a waste of underachievement and none of them have any credibility on what should happen next.

  4. #63
    Testimonial Due One Day Soon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    In hope
    Age
    52
    Posts
    4,809
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Banter!
    I had Chomp lined up next!

  5. #64
    Testimonial Due One Day Soon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    In hope
    Age
    52
    Posts
    4,809
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree and as I said it's that black and white at the moment, where do labour fit in? There's a significant number of labour voters who back independence and the rest are fighting a losing battle as the Tories are seen as the party of the union.

    The only game in town is the Party running the country for the last ten years. And as they aren't effectively opposed their record matters - a lot. In my view its been a car crash covered in armour-plated spin.

    It's like New Labour on speed.

  6. #65
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    8,968
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The only game in town is the Party running the country for the last ten years. And as they aren't effectively opposed their record matters - a lot. In my view its been a car crash covered in armour-plated spin.

    It's like New Labour on speed.
    That's completely untrue. New Labour had the power and the mandate to make a real difference and they failed miserably. Any party elected to power in Scotland will always be at the mercy of the Westminster government. To compare the two is preposterous beyond belief.
    I really fail to understand what it is you're afraid off regarding independence.

  7. #66
    Testimonial Due One Day Soon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    In hope
    Age
    52
    Posts
    4,809
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's completely untrue. New Labour had the power and the mandate to make a real difference and they failed miserably. Any party elected to power in Scotland will always be at the mercy of the Westminster government. To compare the two is preposterous beyond belief.
    I really fail to understand what it is you're afraid off regarding independence.

    Its completely true. New Labour was, and the current SNP is, entirely spin led. Everything is about managing tomorrow and this week's headlines. In that regard they are no different, except that the Nats are even better at it than Mandelson, Campbell and co were - or at least they were until Pringle left.

    It is not true that a party elected to power in Scotland is at the mercy of Westminster. If it were true then it would make no difference which party was running Holyrood. The SNP never tire of making claims about what they have achieved so either they are lying or you are right.

    Independence doesn't add up. I'm not in favour of putting the future of my children into a box containing a multi billion pound public finance deficit, no credible currency, weak borrowing powers and isolation from its biggest single export market - the rest of the UK.

    Fix those things and then we can talk, but at the moment we have an SNP Government that won't even use all of the powers it currently does have.

  8. #67
    Testimonial Due emerald green's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Capital City
    Posts
    4,991
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would labour or the tories do a better job? I very very much doubt it. There is no credible alternative to the SNP and everyone knows it.
    "Everyone"? Not me I'm afraid, and lots of others I know. Remember more people voted against your party than for it. When did everyone become a nationalist / SNP voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by High-On-Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What's right for ALL the people of Scotland? You think there is a one size fits all when it comes to politics?

    I'll tell you what's not right for ALL the people of Scotland though and that is a forced hard brexit.
    Hilarious. Tell that to all the SNP voters who voted to leave the EU. Lots of them.

    In case you don't realise, the government of the day, no matter what party, are suppose to govern on behalf of ALL the people.

  9. #68
    Coaching Staff steakbake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Gate 38
    Posts
    7,490
    Foulkes is a waste of air. The man is the embodiment of a career politician who has sustained himself by the public purse with limited talents.

  10. #69
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    8,968
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Its completely true. New Labour was, and the current SNP is, entirely spin led. Everything is about managing tomorrow and this week's headlines. In that regard they are no different, except that the Nats are even better at it than Mandelson, Campbell and co were - or at least they were until Pringle left.

    It is not true that a party elected to power in Scotland is at the mercy of Westminster. If it were true then it would make no difference which party was running Holyrood. The SNP never tire of making claims about what they have achieved so either they are lying or you are right.

    Independence doesn't add up. I'm not in favour of putting the future of my children into a box containing a multi billion pound public finance deficit, no credible currency, weak borrowing powers and isolation from its biggest single export market - the rest of the UK.

    Fix those things and then we can talk, but at the moment we have an SNP Government that won't even use all of the powers it currently does have.
    Are you in favour of putting your children's future in the hands of a Tory government that is hell bent on pulling the country out off our biggest trading partnership?

  11. #70
    Testimonial Due One Day Soon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    In hope
    Age
    52
    Posts
    4,809
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are you in favour of putting your children's future in the hands of a Tory government that is hell bent on pulling the country out off our biggest trading partnership?

    Scotland's biggest trading partnership is with the rest of the UK, not the EU. I'm not in favour pulling our country out of that just as I'm not in favour of pulling it out of the EU.

    Two spectacular cluster**** wrongs do not make a right.

  12. #71
    @hibs.net private member ronaldo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    7,577
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's completely untrue. New Labour had the power and the mandate to make a real difference and they failed miserably. Any party elected to power in Scotland will always be at the mercy of the Westminster government. To compare the two is preposterous beyond belief.
    I really fail to understand what it is you're afraid off regarding independence.
    They're afraid of the day they've never seen. It's coming though

    Some of the posts on this thread could have come straight from the Labour Branch office, but those making them are not really Labour.

    Aye right.

    They're trying to force the narrative off of Westminster Government because they know they won't be able to get back into power any time soon.

    The people of Scotland voted in 2015, and 2016, returning a near majority of Scottish MP's to Westminster, and a near majority of MSP's in Holyrood. When are they going to respect that vote, and get behind the Scottish Government to build Scotland?

    It seems some Labour held councils are not actually going to increase the council tax as they've been asking for. They'd also have had anyone earning more that 11,500 in Scotland paying more tax, as their tax policy demanded. You won't hear much about that though.

    For as long as we have to wait on Westminster to determine our pocket money, then we're at the mercy of politicians we did not vote for.

  13. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hilarious. Tell that to all the SNP voters who voted to leave the EU. Lots of them.

    In case you don't realise, the government of the day, no matter what party, are suppose to govern on behalf of ALL the people.
    Plenty of non SNP supporters voted to remain. Hence the 63%. So not really sure what your point is.

    When has the UK government ever governed for ALL of the people of the UK?

  14. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Scotland's biggest trading partnership is with the rest of the UK, not the EU. I'm not in favour pulling our country out of that just as I'm not in favour of pulling it out of the EU.

    Two spectacular cluster**** wrongs do not make a right.
    No. Scotlands biggest trading partnership is with a UK (within the EU). Get it right.

  15. #74
    @hibs.net private member McD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Livingston
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,414
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're afraid of the day they've never seen. It's coming though

    Some of the posts on this thread could have come straight from the Labour Branch office, but those making them are not really Labour.

    Aye right.

    They're trying to force the narrative off of Westminster Government because they know they won't be able to get back into power any time soon.

    The people of Scotland voted in 2015, and 2016, returning a near majority of Scottish MP's to Westminster, and a near majority of MSP's in Holyrood. When are they going to respect that vote, and get behind the Scottish Government to build Scotland?

    It seems some Labour held councils are not actually going to increase the council tax as they've been asking for. They'd also have had anyone earning more that 11,500 in Scotland paying more tax, as their tax policy demanded. You won't hear much about that though.

    For as long as we have to wait on Westminster to determine our pocket money, then we're at the mercy of politicians we did not vote for.

    shouldnt the same question be asked regarding the Indy ref? And the brexit ref?

    Seems people on both sides (and I do mean both), are happy to disregard one vote to promote another

  16. #75
    @hibs.net private member ronaldo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    7,577
    Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    shouldnt the same question be asked regarding the Indy ref? And the brexit ref?

    Seems people on both sides (and I do mean both), are happy to disregard one vote to promote another
    When circumstances change, and political parties have it in their manifestos, people then vote in that party, they should be allowed to carry out their manifesto.

    Yes/no?

  17. #76
    @hibs.net private member McD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Livingston
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,414
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When circumstances change, and political parties have it in their manifestos, people then vote in that party, they should be allowed to carry out their manifesto.

    Yes/no?

    Yes. That also applies both ways. Such as brexit. (Which I didn't vote for btw)

  18. #77
    @hibs.net private member ronaldo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    7,577
    Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes. That also applies both ways. Such as brexit. (Which I didn't vote for btw)
    Glad we're agreed.

  19. #78
    Testimonial Due NYHibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Glasgow; formerly NY
    Posts
    1,323
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I had Chomp lined up next!
    George Chomp the American football coach? He does look a little like Foulkes


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved