hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I have been a severe critic of referees on this forum, and Beaton was poor today, as usual.

But folk need to stop clutching at straws, and blaming the referee every time the team has a poor result. Hibs threw away yet another two points today at home after being two goals in the lead due to some naive and poor defending.

Only a mixture of superb goalkeeping, a large slice of luck, and some poor finishing from DAFC saved Hibs from a heavy defeat.

The lad McMullan ran Hibs defence ragged all afternoon.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Ref Today

This isn't a thread to blame him for the result, just to state he was utter pish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMentalHibees View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This isn't a thread to blame him for the result, just to state he was utter pish.

Agree

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar

That's unfair to pish, btw.

Dreadful today. As you say, not to blame for the result today but he was still *****.

I don't think the ref lost us anything, but that doesn't detract from what must be one of the worst referee performances I have seen in a long time. Do you think he was good?

He's a fat prick, hope he swallows his whistle in his sleep!

@hibs.net private member Rattler's Avatar

Don't think that's very fair ..... he wasn't quite as good as that!

One of the worst and completely biased refereeing performances in a long time.

Doesn't help that we switched off halfway through the first half though.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by houstonhibbee View Post
    Terrible performance again. He is definitely anti hibs.
    Agree think he has a huge issue with us for some reason. Very similar tonight to his atrocious performance v Falkirk. Appalling ref.

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    Forgot to mention and this probably deserves its own comment anyway, anybody else notice the moment this dodgy referee really showed his true colours?

Number 18 for them went down when they were attacking, he saw, ignored and let them attack to see if they could still get a goal. We win the ball off them and start to counter, he then blows and goes to check how number 18 is doing. Dodgy is the least I can say about Beaton.
    Not a head knock and we were on the break and he inexplicably pulls it back. Bent. Couldn't wait to book McGinn for a non foul yet let them foul at will. Cheat.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    He was dreadful. One of their players bounces off Holt near the end and he gives a foul. No booking for the foul on Fontaine. No consistency.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Going to watch a rerun just in case some of his decisions were correct. Hibs players assaulted but picked up many bookings. Allowed the cheating from the start. Their no 18 looked halved but he was "simulating" being fouled gave an impressive aaaaaaarrgghh and got roundly booed for the rest of the game

I might be wrong (it's happened before) but I'm not sure he even booked the correct pars player in the fyvie incident.

Quote Originally Posted by bernz View Post
    I might be wrong (it's happened before) but I'm not sure he even booked the correct pars player in the fyvie incident.
    Your wrong you're right. He did book the wrong player

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by houstonhibbee View Post
    Your wrong you're right. He did book the wrong player
    If no card, can a retrospective Red be awarded to the correct player?

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    I usually don't mind him but today he was awful. Booked several Hibs players for being assaulted by Dunfermline players. No idea why the guy who injured Fontaine wasn't booked - definitely premeditated as well as several of their players were congratulating him when Fontaine went off.

@hibs.net private member duffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    He's a fat prick, hope he swallows his whistle in his sleep!
    Classy

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    I have been a severe critic of referees on this forum, and Beaton was poor today, as usual.

But folk need to stop clutching at straws, and blaming the referee every time the team has a poor result. Hibs threw away yet another two points today at home after being two goals in the lead due to some naive and poor defending.

Only a mixture of superb goalkeeping, a large slice of luck, and some poor finishing from DAFC saved Hibs from a heavy defeat.

The lad McMullan ran Hibs defence ragged all afternoon.
    Ive not seen one person on this thread claim that it was his fault we didn't win.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan's Jaguar View Post
    If no card, can a retrospective Red be awarded to the correct player?
    Higginbotham said something like " I didn't do anything, but the ref told me as all the players became involved, he had to book someone"
    An admittance of incompetence in my opinion. I don't think the referee actually saw the "throttling" incident, only Higgenbotham slightly reacting to Fyvies tackle. One for the compliance officer I think.

GGTTH
    Scottish Cup Winners 2016
    Destroyer of Poppy Thieves

First Team Breakthrough
    Before I start I am not blaming the referee for Hibs performance yesterday.
    Dumfermline came to do a job and did it. Full credit to them for putting us under the cosh and getting a point - had it not been for Ofir they would have got 3 points.

I will say though it's been a while since I've been as blatantly angry and hacked off by a referee so unprofessionally incapable in his performance.

I sat there thinking "would I get a banning order if I went on the pitch now and assaulted this poor excuse of a human being" That's how much he riled me.. I also had the challenge of "who takes my son and his pal home if I get lifted!!"

Then again it was on TV so my hubby would have been alerted by someone to go pick up the boys!! 😂

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    He was abysmal and had no control of the game at all. I was actually quite impressed with the football DAFC played and they deserved their point. Was less than impressed with the fouling and time wasting the got away with though, carefully managed by Beaton. I've not watched it back but in the last 10 minutes there was probably only 2 minutes of play due to the time wasting. And Beaton was part of the problem. The two "injured" players stopped the game for about five minutes. In rugby a head injury means that the player leaves the field and is assessed to see if he is ok. In football it means you buy your team minutes off the clock.
    Beaton was a disgrace last night, all about him and how he can screw us over. Consistently the worst ref I. Scotland

He was brutal.

Embarrassing performance.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Ive not seen one person on this thread claim that it was his fault we didn't win.
    Not in so many words I agree, but it is implied in some posts that he may have been at least partially responsible.

For example, comments like "he had an agenda", "shirking responsibility" (not sending DAFC players off, but overlooking the fact he might easily have sent off Fraser Fyvie too), "anti-Hibs", "bent" "cheat".

If you have read any of my previous posts you'll know that I've absolutely slaughtered referees on this forum in the past. Some of them are a disgrace at times. The general standard of refereeing is poor. Beaton was awful again yesterday, I'm not defending him, but he wasn't the reason Hibs didn't win is all the point I'm trying to make.

Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    Not in so many words I agree, but it is implied in some posts that he may have been at least partially responsible.

For example, comments like "he had an agenda", "shirking responsibility" (not sending DAFC players off, but overlooking the fact he might easily have sent off Fraser Fyvie too), "anti-Hibs", "bent" "cheat".

If you have read any of my previous posts you'll know that I've absolutely slaughtered referees on this forum in the past. Some of them are a disgrace at times. The general standard of refereeing is poor. Beaton was awful again yesterday, I'm not defending him, but he wasn't the reason Hibs didn't win is all the point I'm trying to make.
    No one said he was however he made it as difficult as possible for us similar to his performance v Falkirk this season which was as bad. No control books Hibs players and then ignores obvious pars bookings.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    That's why I said on the thread complaining about Wednesdays ref that in the context of refereeing standards we have been subjected to he was decent. Today's referee has proved my point perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    No one said he was however he made it as difficult as possible for us similar to his performance v Falkirk this season which was as bad. No control books Hibs players and then ignores obvious pars bookings.
    Again I agree. As I've said, I'm not defending him. That's not my point Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by duffers View Post
    Classy
    Never said I'd want him to die, just have a bad wheeze!