hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Dunfermline at Home

Right, enough of those Jambos and their humiliating loss and subsequent Pandora's box of problems brewing in its wake...not really.

But do let's get focused on the game tomorrow v the Pars. We have a recent history of following a big performance and result with a poor, laboured, sleepy and uninspired one, and we obviously have to hope Hibs show their Hearts-Dundee United side, rather than their Raith-Ayr one at the stadium tomorrow. A big opportunity to make further progress as United play Morton earlier in the day, a tough fixture for both.

As we have a late kick-off, I'm anticipating a rush for tickets on Saturday morning, which are actually selling quite well, with only isolated seats in most of the yellow zones:

https://www.eticketing.co.uk/hiberni...x?itemref=3665

It'll be a tough task. Championship teams generally don't pussy out as much as Hearts, and I don't expect a similar capitulation from the Pars.

2-1 Hibs.

Now to get back to the other threads which deal with Hearts and their wild and wacky antics...

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Craig_HFC's Avatar
    I think it'll be a big crowd for this after Wednesday, 15/16K with maybe 800 Dunfermline fans.

If we get an early goal then I expect it'll be a comfortable victory.
    PERSEVERE
    Verb: pə:ːsɪ'ˈvɪə/
    To not give up.
    To go the distance.
    To stop at nothing.

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    I reckon we'll get around 13.5k on Saturday.

If you'd told me that we'd have around 34k over 2 games in a week last year I'd have had you locked up.

We have well and truly turned a huge corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I reckon we'll get around 13.5k on Saturday.

If you'd told me that we'd have around 34k over 2 games in a week last year I'd have had you locked up.

We have well and truly turned a huge corner.
    Not going all dot-county but I reckon we're pretty much at that already. Nearer 15K is my estimate, as DAFC will bring far more than Ayr.

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Right, enough of those Jambos and their humiliating loss and subsequent Pandora's box of problems brewing in its wake...not really.

But do let's get focused on the game tomorrow v the Pars. We have a recent history of following a big performance and result with a poor, laboured, sleepy and uninspired one, and we obviously have to hope Hibs show their Hearts-Dundee United side, rather than their Raith-Ayr one at the stadium tomorrow. A big opportunity to make further progress as United play Morton earlier in the day, a tough fixture for both.

As we have a late kick-off, I'm anticipating a rush for tickets on Saturday morning, which are actually selling quite well, with only isolated seats in most of the yellow zones:

It'll be a tough task. Championship teams generally don't pussy out as much as Hearts, and I don't expect a similar capitulation from the Pars.

2-1 Hibs.

Now to get back to the other threads which deal with Hearts and their wild and wacky antics...
    Yup. Leave Hearts in our shadow. Huge game tomorrow and 3 points a must.

@hibs.net private member CyberSauzee's Avatar
    I think we'll break 16k.

Any win will do me. Even a 1-0 with little action. Teams know they will get turned over if they don't sit and keep it tight so it's no suprise we've seen a lot of dour wins this season.

Looking forward to an afternoon on the piss watching SSN, hopefully followed by some Cabbage goals.

Who's counting the dots?

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Will be interesting to see what team we put out. Assuming there may be a few with bumps and bruises who may start on the bench. Wouldnt expect Holt to start given the effort he put in on Wednesday and his age however would definitely have Boyle on as he gives us a different dimension with his directness and pace. Need to get on the front foot from the start and an early goal would help. Need to be patient though as totally different game to Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Will be interesting to see what team we put out. Assuming there may be a few with bumps and bruises who may start on the bench. Wouldnt expect Holt to start given the effort he put in on Wednesday and his age however would definitely have Boyle on as he gives us a different dimension with his directness and pace. Need to get on the front foot from the start and an early goal would help. Need to be patient though as totally different game to Wednesday.
    Two changes. Fyvie for Bartley. Graham for holt

Blog Entries
    I'll be more than disappointed if we don't turn up for this one. Hopefully lessons have been learned recently and that Lennon has them really up for it. We all know that teams that park the bus can be difficult to break down, but we've done ok against Dunfermline and if we get stuck into them from the off, I see us winning comfortably.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    The players will be more than aware, that as far as the boss is concerned, the showing against Hearts is the rule and not the exception.

We have to try and stretch Dunfermline. As others have said teams in this league come to ER and sit in and try to nick what they can on the break, so we need to make the pitch as big as possible and move the ball as quickly as possible. So .... Boyle MUST play. Humphrey would have been in my team for this game too , if fit, but clearly he won't be. The most important aspect is to start the game quickly and with intent, as we did against hearts. Early goal would settle the game down nicely.

Super John McGinn drove us onto victory on Wed and I expect him to do so again. I hope Lennon leaves the front pairing unchanged. This is now the time for big Holt to go on a scoring run!

@hibs.net private member Craig_HFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    I wouldn't be averse to this:

----------------- Rocky --------------

Gray --- McGregor --- Fonts --- Lewis

------------ Fyvie ---- McGinn --------

Boyle --------- Shinnie --------- Keatings

-------------- Cummings --------------
    PERSEVERE
    Verb: pə:ːsɪ'ˈvɪə/
    To not give up.
    To go the distance.
    To stop at nothing.

2-1 Hibs.

The bit in bold made me laugh The reality is we have had harder games this season.

Anyway...a win...of any time is important. Dundee Utd play Morton...hopefully a draw there...

Hopefully fans turn out once again - the guys deserve it after Wednesday's derby win.

We have to try and stretch Dunfermline. As others have said teams in this league come to ER and sit in and try to nick what they can on the break, so we need to make the pitch as big as possible and move the ball as quickly as possible. So .... Boyle MUST play. Humphrey would have been in my team for this game too , if fit, but clearly he won't be. The most important aspect is to start the game quickly and with intent, as we did against hearts. Early goal would settle the game down nicely.

We must win this. I don't know what Lennon is going to say to them if we drop a point or whatever! He'll possibly get the hair dryer out!

Surprisingly, Dunfermline have lost only one of their last 14 games in all competitions.

Get ready for another "park the bus" afternoon/evening. It's important Hibs score first, and don't allow the opposition to score first as in our last two league matches.
    Last edited by emerald green; 24-02-2017 at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    Surprisingly, Dunfermline have lost only one of their last 14 games in all competitions.

Get ready for another "park the bus" afternoon. It's important Hibs score first, and don't allow the opposition to score first as in our last two league matches.

They have given us 2 really tough games so far this season - was at both and they won't show us any respect.

Wednesday must have taken a lot out the players mentally so hopefully Lennon has them in the right mindset.

Next 7 days are huge...3 points tomorrow...3 points midweek away from home and QF next Saturday (hopefully a win and semi final to look forward to).

Not going all dot-county but I reckon we're pretty much at that already. Nearer 15K is my estimate, as DAFC will bring far more than Ayr.
    Bought my ticket yesterday and most of the stadium plan was orange already with just the very ends of the East and West green so who knows... push a sell out? 😉

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post

Get ready for another "park the bus" afternoon. It's important Hibs score first, and don't allow the opposition to score first as in our last two league matches.
    Yeah? Do I not like the sound of that!

I thought Daz was suspended for this game?

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Hope not or we are down to Fontaine only out of our four first team centre backs

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    He's suspended for the Ayr cup game

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    He's suspended for the Ayr cup game

Quote Originally Posted by City of Green View Post
    They have given us 2 really tough games so far this season - was at both and they won't show us any respect.

Wednesday must have taken a lot out the players mentally so hopefully Lennon has them in the right mindset.

Next 7 days are huge...3 points tomorrow...3 points midweek away from home and QF next Saturday (hopefully a win and semi final to look forward to).
    Dunfermline will probably give Hibs a harder game than the Yams. That's why Hibs have to be up for this game too. The thing Lennon was doing his nut about after the RR game.

Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    Yeah? Do I not like the sound of that!
    Apologies. I wasn't wanting to spoil anyone's Friday night!

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    This is where we throw down a marker that the level of performance against hearts is the rule rather than the exception.

We should blow them out the water.

Quote Originally Posted by liscious_hibs View Post
    Bought my ticket yesterday and most of the stadium plan was orange already with just the very ends of the East and West green so who knows... push a sell out? 😉

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    A late rush could take the home support over 15K but can't see anybody who wants a ticket not being able to get one.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Wonder if Lennon will make the odd change or 2 tomorrow. Remember we have a game again on Wednesday. Can't see Holt playing 3 games in a week

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    This is where we throw down a marker that the level of performance against hearts is the rule rather than the exception.

We should blow them out the water.
    Correct thats the standard set sfter Wed. Nothing else will do from here to season's end.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Wonder if Lennon will make the odd change or 2 tomorrow. Remember we have a game again on Wednesday. Can't see Holt playing 3 games in a week
    I'd stuck Graham on, and have Holt on the bench, give him the last 15.