hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The cup competition is this seasons competition yet you are suggesting this seasons ST holders could be in second wave if they didn't renew yet new ST holders would be ahead of them? Don't be daft!
    Agreed, maybe give ppl buy new one second wave before gen sale but defo not before the ppl who wer paying that seasons wages no way

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    The cup competition is this seasons competition yet you are suggesting this seasons ST holders could be in second wave if they didn't renew yet new ST holders would be ahead of them? Don't be daft!
    I am placing the value of a season ticket bought this April higher than a season ticket bought last April as it is the money from the new tickets which will be most important to our future. I am also trying to give an incentive to keep buying or start buying season tickets. No-one with a season ticket for either season wouldn't get a ticket given our usual 20K or so allocation. I can't recall ever reading a season ticket for league games should guarantee a ticket for Cup games and it hasn't in the past with the loyalty scheme.

Bizarre or daft to you perhaps but makes perfect sense to me. I want to see us sell as many tickets for next year as quickly as we can. That way we get the best chance of securing the best players as early as we can. I'll not shed many tears for those that chose not to renew not getting the first crack at the good seats.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    I am placing the value of a season ticket bought this April higher than a season ticket bought last April as it is the money from the new tickets which will be most important to our future. I am also trying to give an incentive to keep buying or start buying season tickets. No-one with a season ticket for either season wouldn't get a ticket given our usual 20K or so allocation. I can't recall ever reading a season ticket for league games should guarantee a ticket for Cup games and it hasn't in the past with the loyalty scheme.

Bizarre or daft to you perhaps but makes perfect sense to me. I want to see us sell as many tickets for next year as quickly as we can. That way we get the best chance of securing the best players as early as we can. I'll not shed many tears for those that chose not to renew not getting the first crack at the good seats.
    However you dress it up it sounds ridiculous to me and thankfully it will never happen. You missed the point spectacularly regarding the value of a ticket bought last April for the championship to help fund our hopefully impending promotion.
    Last edited by Scouse Hibee; 23-02-2017 at 08:33 PM.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HibsNutter View Post
    There will at least be some info on this on the 28th, and I'll happily renew at the earliest opportunity. Target 15k.
    I'm not sure we want as many as 15k, as we are currently averaging 3,000 walk ups each home game. Ideally around 13,000 or so would be great, gives walk ups a chance on category A games, and as many as we want in B games

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    I'm not sure we want as many as 15k, as we are currently averaging 3,000 walk ups each home game. Ideally around 13,000 or so would be great, gives walk ups a chance on category A games, and as many as we want in B games
    You would actively prefer us to sell 13,000 season tickets rather than 15,000 season tickets?

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CathroMustStay View Post
    You would actively prefer us to sell 13,000 season tickets rather than 15,000 season tickets?
    Yup, we have more than one 13,000 fans

We want to sell as many season tickets as possible. If that means we have don't have enough tickets for walk up fans then so be it.

@hibs.net private member Mantis Toboggan's Avatar

Of course a season ticket should guarantee semi final tickets. Always did before the ill fated loyalty scheme, or at least put you to front of queue. Season ticket holders are putting up at the start of the season and deserve priority because of that.

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatgabbo View Post
    Of course a season ticket should guarantee semi final tickets. Always did before the ill fated loyalty scheme, or at least put you to front of queue. Season ticket holders are putting up at the start of the season and deserve priority because of that.
    Exactly. Wookie, have a word with yourself

I'll be renewing mine regardless of what happens for the rest of this season but this thread just goes to show how utterly mental and fickle the words of football supporting actually is.

Can you imagine the responses this thread would have got last Saturday night?

@hibs.net private member AgentDaleCooper's Avatar
    having been an ST holder for three years (mowbray and collins era) then going adrift, I will certainly be renewing next year. I initially bought myself and my dad season tickets after the cup final, knowing that I wouldn't be able to make a lot of games due to working on saturdays, but wanted to put something back into the club after that utterly wonderful day. I didn't necessarily expect to be renewing, but I'm going to quit my post at my job so that I can get to every game next season - it's been a joy. I'm probably the sort of fan that they've needed to get back on board - those who definitely care, but had drifted away. This team is the first hibs team I've ever watched regularly that really look like winners. I think i'm rambling a bit just now...but the general point I'm making - it's a bloody marvelous feeling to be supporting a team that is really going places, and as long as we can keep lennon and a good squad, I think the sky is the limit.

@hibs.net private member
    However you dress it up it sounds ridiculous to me and thankfully it will never happen. You missed the point spectacularly regarding the value of a ticket bought last April for the championship to help fund our hopefully impending promotion.
    Very valuable they will have been if we get up and do well in the cup but the money will be pretty much spent. I don't miss the point at all I just choose to value it less than you do. I would hope there would be very few who would not choose to renew this year if we do reach Hampden and we stay top of the league. This would act as a wee nudge to those swithering. I'll keep it to myself if I think not looking into ways of maximising revenue for next season, if the opportunity presents itself, is daft, ridiculous or worth discussing. Buying tickets for future games, Away Season Ticket Holders, has already prioritised one group of season ticket holder against another.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by thegreatgabbo View Post
    They would be guaranteed a ticket and would get priority over those without a season ticket.

@hibs.net private member Mantis Toboggan's Avatar
    They would be guaranteed a ticket and would get priority over those without a season ticket.
    To be fair that does probably work in terms of numbers for a hampden semi. But i would still dispute that its the right thing to do. If for example the semi was at Tiny(as happened once in the 90s) it would create an issue.

Ps we need to win the quarter. I am duly appalled my yammish presumptuousness.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by ColinNish View Post
    Exactly. Wookie, have a word with yourself
    You can have a word with me, last time I checked I was entitled to make a post and for you to reply with a different point of view. No issue with others not agreeing but its like debating in nursery on here sometimes. Sorry for the terrible suggestion of trying to maximise our clubs revenue. I am fully aware it might piss off a few season ticket holders, presumably only those withdrawing their support of the season ticket scheme. However, what I am suggesting is common in other areas where maximising customers is important. Have you never asked for a sweetener when renewing a Sky or Broadband connection or taken advantage of a deal whilst changing suppliers. These schemes are there because they work, admittedly it is unlikely you will walk away and support another team but you may be at the point of not renewing or deciding whether to join up and those decisions need to be made into positive ones for the club.

Very valuable they will have been if we get up and do well in the cup but the money will be pretty much spent. I don't miss the point at all I just choose to value it less than you do. I would hope there would be very few who would not choose to renew this year if we do reach Hampden and we stay top of the league. This would act as a wee nudge to those swithering. I'll keep it to myself if I think not looking into ways of maximising revenue for next season, if the opportunity presents itself, is daft, ridiculous or worth discussing. Buying tickets for future games, Away Season Ticket Holders, has already prioritised one group of season ticket holder against another.
    Has it? Two season tickets on offer home and away. One away season ticket holder has the same privilege for away tickets as another away second ticket holder do they not? Anyhow as you say you have an opinion and I respect that. So I will move on and hope we both ultimately get what we want from Hibs....success and satisfaction. Cheers.
    Last edited by Scouse Hibee; 23-02-2017 at 09:27 PM.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Slightly different topic but when current ST holders get a period of time to renew, are they allowed to buy any more or do they have to wait until they are on general sale?

I want to get one for my dad, ideally the two of us together, but could be really difficult to get sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Slightly different topic but when current ST holders get a period of time to renew, are they allowed to buy any more or do they have to wait until they are on general sale?

I want to get one for my dad, ideally the two of us together, but could be really difficult to get sorted.
    You can buy two together as long as you don't pick an already reserved (seat)

@hibs.net private member
    Has it? Two season tickets on offer home and away. One away season ticket holder has the same privilege for away tickets as another away second ticket holder do they not? Anyhow as you say you have an opinion and I respect that. So I will move on and hope we both ultimately get what we want from Hibs....success and satisfaction. Cheers.
    Not sure I get your point, Two types of season ticket existing and new. I'm suggesting new season ticket holder gets the same priority as another new season ticket holder, albeit one who has also bought a ticket for the current season, for neutral venue grounds.

We can certainly agree on the success and satisfaction.

You can buy two together as long as you don't pick an already reserved (seat)
    Nice one, thanks.

Will renew plus 5 others.

15k is achievable.

Ideally we win the league..have another party and the fans back the team.

The team care and it's been a long time since I felt such a connection with a group of Hibs players

Quote Originally Posted by CathroMustStay View Post
    Hopefully we sell a season ticket in every seat in the home three stands and have to start selling them in the South. And if folk can't go they can put tickets up for resale. Wishful thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    We want to sell as many season tickets as possible. If that means we have don't have enough tickets for walk up fans then so be it.
    Not at all. ,

Hibs could take over half the South Stand for home supporters. That would leave plenty of space for walk-ups and Hibs Kids etc.

That has been done so years ago when the East (and West) Stand was under construction.

Hearts have already done that so Hibs will not be getting the full School End for League matches at least next season. Hibs get crappy allocations at Rangers and Celtic so they could have also be reduced to half the South Stand. None of the other Premiership clubs can fill more than half of it anyway.

If we go up to 15k the additional ST holders will surely come from that 3k who currently walk up?

@hibs.net private member
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I'm just no getting this point of view at all. You would rather us have 13000 than 15000 to allow more walk ups? Am I reading that right??

Did many people miss out on a ticket last night?

If we have 12000 ST holders next year that leaves 4700 approx for walk ups. I really don't see the demand being higher than that, even for the bigger games.

Celtic, Rangers, Hearts and Aberdeen could all be sellouts. If the demand is there for the other games we can easily open up half the south.

We will also have a lot more televised games I'd imagine, so more games being moved to varying times.

Only guaranteeing a ticket for this seasons cup competition to next seasons ticket holders? That would never happen,a bizarre suggestion imo.
    My appoligize, turns out that it what the post did mean,

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 using Tapatalk

So going by what u want mate that wld mean say someone been buying a season ticket for 20 or 30 years then a cup final comes and a fan who has never had a season ticket or has had cld come in buy a new season ticket and gey a ticket before the guy thats had one all that time, oh and the new guy cld get one on finance to get that cup semi or final ticket then pull out after the game, its not right bud, but we will have to agree to disagree on this one, Happy Hibeeing

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by marc10 View Post
    So going by what u want mate that wld mean say someone been buying a season ticket for 20 or 30 years then a cup final comes and a fan who has never had a season ticket or has had cld come in buy a new season ticket and gey a ticket before the guy thats had one all that time, oh and the new guy cld get one on finance to get that cup semi or final ticket then pull out after the game, its not right bud, but we will have to agree to disagree on this one, Happy Hibeeing
    Only if the 20-30 veteran chooses not to renew and even then they would still be guaranteed a ticket if they were a current season ticket holder. To be fair the 20-30 year thing has never mattered only the current season ticket so although very emotive it doesn't really have any relevance unless you think those that have held season tickets the longest get most priority. The finance issue is a completely different issue but point taken. Happy Hibeeing to you too

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    we would still have half the south stand for walk ups?