Quote Originally Posted by Craig_HFC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    WTF

Sounds like a exhaust pipe getting dragged aloung a cobble street

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperAllyMcleod View Post
    You're following Marciano's wife on twitter????

Ha ! it was retweeted by someone (Hibs TRansfer News?) Mind you, having had a look I might start following her..........

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Fleece View Post
    I think it was John Collins choice.

Love it
    Nah his song of choice was some p*sh by simple minds. Truly awful it was too.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post
    We couldn't hear anything that was said last night, mainly down to the crowd noise but then we do struggle to hear the announcer at the best of times! It took me a while to figure out it was Kevin Thomson on the pitch at half time last night.
    Thanks for letting me know who it was - I had no idea!

The sound system in the east stand is still hopeless and needs to be looked at urgently.

I couldn't make out anything that was being said.

Quote Originally Posted by Elephant Stone View Post
    Enjoyed last night, cheers. I might be in the minority but I'd rather we didn't bother with snide digs over the tannoy. That Scott Wilson guy over the road is absolutely cringe-worthy when he does it and I reckon we should show a bit of class and avoid it. Just my opinion!
    Agree with this. Leave the petty digs and point scoring over the tannoy and to the Yams. There is nothing at that club worth copying. Stick to Hibs Class.

One person calling the OP Craig one calling him Barrie. Which is it?

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HibernianJK View Post
    One person calling the OP Craig one calling him Barrie. Which is it?
    Given he's signed off his post "Barry" I'll go with that. Top bloke who I've had dealings with and one that has helped massively with connecting the fans with the club again. Still cannae hear a word he says in the east right enough!! 😂

Well said John

A wee blast of hibs hero's would be good

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    Keep the digs and banter going! Brilliant stuff and gets everyone pumped up more and more. Couldn't disagree more with folk who say it makes us look 'petty' and is 'Scott Wilson-ish'. It works, and its football!
    Also loved the songs coming through loud and clear on periscope after the goals, big fan of them and add to the atmosphere. Free From Desire after the 2nd was magic!

Keep it up fella! 👍

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Absolutely had no idea there was music played after the goals last night...the noise in the East was unbelievable and easily drowned out any tannoy (not saying much in the East right enough)

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    one day we shall fully embrace 21st century technology....and get a second speaker installed, twin speakers would be kool

Quote Originally Posted by California-Hibs View Post
    Keep the digs and banter going! Brilliant stuff and gets everyone pumped up more and more. Couldn't disagree more with folk who say it makes us look 'petty' and is 'Scott Wilson-ish'. It works, and its football!
    Also loved the songs coming through loud and clear on periscope after the goals, big fan of them and add to the atmosphere. Free From Desire after the 2nd was magic!

Keep it up fella! 👍
    No its not, its reminiscent of American ice hockey and tacky as ****!!

First Team Breakthrough Hibs1969's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 21.05.2016 View Post
    It started in the Mowbray era when we had a squad made up of mostly young players (the Golden Generation), Riordan, Thompson, O'conner, Brown, Whittaker etc.
    John Peel expressed a liking for Hibs and Teenage Kicks was one of his favourites so we played it as a tribute to him after he passed away. Also a great tune 😀

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    As previously suggested, let the fans choose the songs. I'd also stop playing music when we score. Its not cool.
    Freed from desire is brilliant after we score

I for one love the sly digs. ****** 'em.

Freed from Desire is a class tune that always gets the crowd going.

First Team Breakthrough
    Goal music adds to the atmosphere when we score imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by LichtieHibby View Post
    I still think playing the start of this after a goal would be excellent. The bass would get the ground a-rockin'.

I'm sure someone can think of words to go with it. "Something something something Hibees Goal!"

I hope not!

Personally don't like music being played when a goal gets scored. Just the noise from the crowd is great. However if the announcer wants music then Gala's Freed From Desire tune always gets the crowd rocking.

When you watch SOL being sung after the game, the Jambos know they can never match that class and passion. It makes them look like the 9th rate outfit they are.

The songbook crisis is indicative of their deeper malaise.

Thanks for all info on the reasons behind teenage kicks. I've listened to about 5 times tonight after thinking about it

Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    I'd be intrigued to hear how the announcer thinks he contributed to the great atmosphere when large swathes of the stadium sadly can't properly hear a word that's said thanks to the crappy PA.

Really needs to be looked at properly.

Great atmosphere though. A full stadium watching a team humping their city rivals was the main explanation though.
    Never really thought we had anything to do but the interaction the engagement is what I was thanking people for.

There has been a lot made about the sound and putting together what the fans wanted and its why i have tried to engage on here to help bridge that gap and to try get what our amazing fans what from the stadium. Wednesday night we had 20,000+ in the stadium and quite rightly it's down to the fans for the atmosphere I agree 100%.

I don't want it any other way which is why the fans groups have helped us as a club put together a format that hopefully is beginning to work in the stadium.

This week we took on board the following: -
    1) more hibs songs including the re-introduction of hibs heroes (i track i grew up listening to on my visits to ER).
    2) no music as the teams come out pass over to fans as appose to trying to drown.
    3) have a bit more fun on derby days without going over the top

There is still improvements to make and we are never going to please absolutely everyone but we can do all we can to find a middle ground and deliver an input and sound for us the fans.

We are aware of the issues with sound but we have put things in place to try balance the sound as a short term measure :).

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    Quote Originally Posted by HibsAnnouncer View Post
    Never really thought we had anything to do but the interaction the engagement is what I was thanking people for.

There has been a lot made about the sound and putting together what the fans wanted and its why i have tried to engage on here to help bridge that gap and to try get what our amazing fans what from the stadium. Wednesday night we had 20,000+ in the stadium and quite rightly it's down to the fans for the atmosphere I agree 100%.

I don't want it any other way which is why the fans groups have helped us as a club put together a format that hopefully is beginning to work in the stadium.

This week we took on board the following: -
    1) more hibs songs including the re-introduction of hibs heroes (i track i grew up listening to on my visits to ER).
    2) no music as the teams come out pass over to fans as appose to trying to drown.
    3) have a bit more fun on derby days without going over the top

There is still improvements to make and we are never going to please absolutely everyone but we can do all we can to find a middle ground and deliver an input and sound for us the fans.

We are aware of the issues with sound but we have put things in place to try balance the sound as a short term measure :).
    Keep the sly digs at them coming 👍 We've been missing a trick with them for years and it's refreshing to see. Freed From Desire after the 2nd was superb as well. Loved all the 'Scottish Cup Winners' lines too, brilliant!

Hibee Heros is a classic - should be played every week.

https://youtu.be/fiLAxnD-MTM

Keep the goal music..maybe let the fans make some noise first then play a short segment before announcing scorer.

I still think we should try saying the players last name...you say Grant...fans yell HOLT - often done in German Leagues etc..

See this https://youtu.be/QXROcBwRf2E and https://youtu.be/f-yxaRYfitc

Final issue is still the terrible PA / Tannoy etc - didn't know who or what was said at Half time from the East. The West seems too loud supposedly.

After every win - we should have I'm On My Way (Proclaimers) played too and Altogether now by the Farm

I thought 'Come On Over To My Place' was brilliant at the end! Great choice!

Quote Originally Posted by ED Hibee View Post
    I seem to remember it was played around the weekend after John Peel (youngsters ask your dads!) passed away in season 2004/05, it was probably the most iconic song attached to him as a dj and we did like to consider him as one of our own (something to do with Ballboy giving him a Hibs top when they had a session on his show). The song then took on a life of its own as it fitted well with situation we were in at time with largely teenage squad playing the Hibs way.
    Anytime I hear it takes me right back to Easter Road.
    John Peel was a music legend and all the more special after doing a show wearing a Hibs top . There's a classic photo of him in the hibees top looking at a Gene Vincent album.

Any idea the band that gifted him the top?
    Attached Images Attached Images

@hibs.net private member MartinfaePorty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Clash View Post
    John Peel was a music legend and all the more special after doing a show wearing a Hibs top . There's a classic photo of him in the hibees top looking at a Gene Vincent album.

Any idea the band that gifted him the top?
    Was it not Ballboy?

Quote Originally Posted by MartinfaePorty View Post
    Was it not Ballboy?
    Yes but I think 'Ed-Hibee' said earlier he played in a band that did a session for John Peel? Unless I misread that?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nick T Muir

Stadium Atmosphere - Thank You

Not one for wanting to set myself up for a fall, I thought the digs were risky, as was the exuberant bating of the jambos by the support. But they paid off big time and all contributed to one of (if not the) best nights I've had at ER. And I include Athens and 6-2 in that.

Top drawer Barrie.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_Hibee View Post
    I thought 'Come On Over To My Place' was brilliant at the end! Great choice!
    Yup was a great choice, should have followed it up by playing going underground by the jam