hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    @hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Super_JMcGinn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hang on I'll go call her and ask ok ?
    They had a sale for fans with over 120 loyalty points, no staggered sale as you are suggesting, they went on sale last Tuesday and sold out on the Friday.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JOD View Post
    Srry M8 you are forgetting they could have sold 400k more !!!!!!
    Surely it would be 396k more ( ;

'S' Form
    If you think logically it must be a record league or cup attendance as its the first time in years that we had the chance to sell every seat for home and away fans! The cup top up scheme has been going for ages and that would always mean that there were a load of unsold seats and with Hearts getting a full stand then there shouldn't be any seats unsold to allow for segregation

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringothedog View Post
    They had a sale for fans with over 120 loyalty points, no staggered sale as you are suggesting, they went on sale last Tuesday and sold out on the Friday.
    You seem to know a lot more about it than me, I bow to your superior knowledge, whatever the case though they could have shifted thousands more. I'll make a point of not listening to my friend again

Any spares available?please cash waiting!need this game in my life ggtth

Jeez, that's the second time it's sold out in a week.

Does that mean we're going to have a 40,000 crowd?

I too am looking for a possible spare if anyone has one going, I'm a student so happy with either a student or an adult ticket, preferably east but will happily take one in west or FF as well. 😊

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    That way of thinking is fine if every one of the 4000? Can only afford one of the two games, I'd bet it only applies to a very small number of those, and the rest just choose not to go on Saturday.
    For me it's about time. When I go it's a social thing; catching up with my Dad and one or two of my hibby mates who I normally go to the games with. However, not many of my friends/family are Hibs fans and with only 2 days off a week I can't fit in seeing everyone if I go to Hibs games every other week. That and I've been out the country for half the home games this season.

Wednesday will be my 3rd game this season. If it's good on Wed I may get the buzz again and go on Saturday, if it's crap then I almost certainly won't.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    For me it's about time. When I go it's a social thing; catching up with my Dad and one or two of my hibby mates who I normally go to the games with. However, not many of my friends/family are Hibs fans and with only 2 days off a week I can't fit in seeing everyone if I go to Hibs games every other week. That and I've been out the country for half the home games this season.

Wednesday will be my 3rd game this season. If it's good on Wed I may get the buzz again and go on Saturday, if it's crap then I almost certainly won't.

To be fair matey, you dont need to justify when and when not you decide to go watch a football match to anyone.

Left by mutual consent! WS Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfuddyhibby View Post
    The crap football on offer most games may act as a deterrent? People may want a bit entertainment, rather than see it as a devotional duty.

Earlier in the season I was taking my boy, his pal and a occasionally persuaded a few lapsed Hibees. Suffice to say they'll not be as eager to go v the run of the mill as they will be for Wednesday.

League v Dunfermline or Scottish Cup v Hearts ( and it's not on telly). It's a no contest decision for many.

That's life. I think the fans have done and continue to do their bit.
    To be fair though, how shocking was the last derby at Tynecastle in terms of quality?

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    I live in York and I can't get to a lot of games, but I'll make the effort and swallow the cost for some of the bigger matches.

Folk travelled to Hampden from the other side of the world last May. Should they be criticised for not going every week, too?
    Very true Dave, it costs me more to park the car at Stansted overnight than it does for a ticket for a Cat A game.

People should forget about moaning about crowd sizes this season, I think the fans have done superbly well.

Back in the TT's era, despite the wonderful football, our average crowd was about on par with this season and this included games such as the Scottish cup replay against Rangers, when the crowd was something like 49k, to boost the average. When we consider some of the football, what we are getting this season is absolutely superb and although the stadium was a different world back then, than today's equivalent, the cost for an adult was only 30p.

I remember popping in to a chip shop after the Sporting game and somebody asked me the score, as a 16 YO, I told him to go to the games and then he would know, there was frustrations about our crowds back in 72/3. I also remember me feeling delighted when 17k turned out for the East Fife game, a few days on from "the" NY derby. We really should be appreciating what we are getting on the back of our famous May day victory.

Left by mutual consent!
    Lets have the place rocking 👍🏻

Quote Originally Posted by WS Hibs View Post
    To be fair though, how shocking was the last derby at Tynecastle in terms of quality?
    It was very poor but let's be honest - how many times in the past 25 years has there been good football played in an Edinburgh derby?

In spite of the poor football I really enjoyed it. Great atmosphere and players getting torn into each other without giving an inch, exactly what I'd want and expect to see in a derby.

We can try to play football in other games.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray-in-ireland View Post
    Very true Dave, it costs me more to park the car at Stansted overnight than it does for a ticket for a Cat A game.

People should forget about moaning about crowd sizes this season, I think the fans have done superbly well.

Back in the TT's era, despite the wonderful football, our average crowd was about on par with this season and this included games such as the Scottish cup replay against Rangers, when the crowd was something like 49k, to boost the average. When we consider some of the football, what we are getting this season is absolutely superb and although the stadium was a different world back then, than today's equivalent, the cost for an adult was only 30p.

I remember popping in to a chip shop after the Sporting game and somebody asked me the score, as a 16 YO, I told him to go to the games and then he would know, there was frustrations about our crowds back in 72/3. I also remember me feeling delighted when 17k turned out for the East Fife game, a few days on from "the" NY derby. We really should be appreciating what we are getting on the back of our famous May day victory.
    I remember standing in the east terrace 1978 against Ayr absolutely pissing it down on a Tuesday night along with 1450 other hardy souls .This is the gravy regards attendances since I have been watching Hibs.

A sell out ER under the floodlight, you canny beat it! Lets get the noise going from start to finish and once again show the jambos up.

Come on the hibs, ****ing intae this shower of cheating tramps

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    It was very poor but let's be honest - how many times in the past 25 years has there been good football played in an Edinburgh derby?

In spite of the poor football I really enjoyed it. Great atmosphere and players getting torn into each other without giving an inch, exactly what I'd want and expect to see in a derby.

We can try to play football in other games.
    I think we need to do both to win, in last years cup games v Hearts we played really good football especially in the second half of the first game and first half of the second.