hibs.net Messageboard

Plumbing problem

This pipe seems to be leaking a lot of water. Not constantly, I only noticed after picking up a soaking towel that id dropped next to it this morning. There are also signs of water leaking on the wall behind the pipe. Its in my bathroom, under a radiator next to the sink.

Anyone able to tell me the purpose of this pipe and what the problem is?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    That's a pushfit stop end that's been placed on the end of a supply pipe to something (probably a basin or toilet, maybe a radiator) that has been moved or removed.

If it's leaking from the underside of the white fitting then it's probably because it's not fully pushed on to the pipe. You could try pushing down on the top of it. If you do this hold the pipe with one hand and place your palm on top of the fitting to push it down, making sure you do not touch the collar on the underside as that will release the fitting... and probably a *****load of water too
    Last edited by Mr White; 19-02-2017 at 07:14 PM.

Cheers. The cap did seem to click down when pushed. That was a much simpler remedy than i was expecting.

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by adhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cheers. The cap did seem to click down when pushed. That was a much simpler remedy than i was expecting.
    Excellent. Unfortunately Sunday rates here at the plumb.net helpdesk aren't cheap I'm afraid. I'll PM you the bill

Quote Originally Posted by Mr White View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Excellent. Unfortunately Sunday rates here at the plumb.net helpdesk aren't cheap I'm afraid. I'll PM you the bill
    Haha. Can always rely on .net for decent advice.