hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Testimonial Due The Captain....'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would think that the tactics were for our highly rated midfielders to make passes and our highly rated attackers to make runs to collect them and put the ball in the net.As this hasn't happened too often this season I would suggest that it may be due to the players not being as good as they and we think they are.Or do you think that the last thing Lennon tells them is not to try too hard to win the game.Don't you perhaps think that it's more likely that the players are not doing what they're told rather than a highly experienced player and manager not knowing what to do?
    Did you see the game yesterday?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due
    Looking at the highlights on Raith TV - which admittedly can be miss leading - we did not look as bad as everyone is saying. Lots of Lennon's talk is to get the players up for Wednesday I think.

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    I wasnt thinking what he said, I was asking myself "what was the plan to score goals and win yestersay?" which really comes from the manager. There were absolutely zero tactics yesterday.
    I don't think lack of enthusiasm...lack of energy..lack of will to win and go that bit extra for your team and mates is anything to do with a manager.
    That comes from within the player and for some strange reason in certain games the players switch off it has happened under lots of managers.
    So we need to assume we don't have enough players with the right attitude

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Well I hope Lennon's outburst does the trick on Wednesday because whatever he said before Saturday didn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by SingHibs View Post
    Looking at the highlights on Raith TV - which admittedly can be miss leading - we did not look as bad as everyone is saying. Lots of Lennon's talk is to get the players up for Wednesday I think.
    Very misleading then because I sat through every minute of it and it was a disgrace.
    These players have been dining out on the cup win for far too long now and give the impression that they think all they need to do is turn up because they beat top league opposition last year. It's not good enough and it's disrespectful. Lennon was quite right in reminding them that they've failed several times to get out of this league.

It's not a tactical issue, it's these laddies believing their own hype and needing a reality check.

@hibs.net private member

Neil Lennon's Green and White Army

If I put in below standard performances at my work I would get my ass booted by my manager and rightly so, IMO opinion we have been crying out for a manager who won't accept standards dropping, its our third year in the second tier of Scottish football and a fourth is just unthinkable.

For me Leanne and the board made a very shrewd move when they appointed Nell Lennon, in the January transfer window he was in for players IMO of the caliber of Commons or Stokes, not an easy task when your in the championship but it seems like he has said right if I cant get a player of that caliber I'll go with what I have, compare this to our ugly neighbors who made nine signings in the window that takes a lot out there budget

This means if were up next season, were there with something in the kitty to strengthen the squad, Lennon for me is the right man to get us out this division and I believe he would do a lot better than his predecessor's who fought relegation for seven years before we eventually went down, Neil Lennon is the right man for me and he was right on the money with what he said, its time to get behind him.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by 147lothian View Post
    If I put in below standard performances at my work I would get my ass booted by my manager and rightly so, IMO opinion we have been crying out for a manager who won't accept standards dropping, its our third year in the second tier of Scottish football and a fourth is just unthinkable.

For me Leanne and the board made a very shrewd move when they appointed Nell Lennon, in the January transfer window he was in for players IMO of the caliber of Commons or Stokes, not an easy task when your in the championship but it seems like he has said right if I cant get a player of that caliber I'll go with what I have, compare this to our ugly neighbors who made nine signings in the window that takes a lot out there budget

This means if were up next season, were there with something in the kitty to strengthen the squad, Lennon for me is the right man to get us out this division and I believe he would do a lot better than his predecessor's who fought relegation for seven years before we eventually went down, Neil Lennon is the right man for me and he was right on the money with what he said, its time to get behind him.
    Spot on, well said!

First Team Regular

Correct

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar

Mostly agreeing with this, but our relegation struggles started when we appointed Calderwood during 2010-11 season. Just for accuracy sakes, it should be highlighted that we were relegated in 2013-14 season. Seven years ago we finished 4th and were comfortably mid table for a good few seasons before that. Our demise was rapid and should have been avoided. The man in charge was Rod and although we have moved on, I still find it hard to forgive and continue to dislike the fact that he remains at the club.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfuddyhibby View Post
    Mostly agreeing with this, but our relegation struggles started when we appointed Calderwood during 2010-11 season. Just for accuracy sakes, it should be highlighted that we were relegated in 2013-14 season. Seven years ago we finished 4th and were comfortably mid table for a good few seasons before that. Our demise was rapid and should have been avoided. The man in charge was Rod and although we have moved on, I still find it hard to forgive and continue to dislike the fact that he remains at the club.
    While you are correct, i would say that the hollowing out of thr club, and the downward trajectory we found ourselves on can ne traced back to that period. Apart from half a season under yogi, and a couple of promising months under fenlon, we seemed to get steadily worse.

Onviously the calamitous reigns of calderwood and butcher accelerated it!