hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cummings

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lennon's Lip View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Which is why he has been singled out occasionally by Lennon. Lennon is frustrated because he can see his potential and merely wants Jason to make that step up to another level. Jason, however, needs to see it for himself and want it. He, without question, plays well within himself far too often and is, I believe, a fool to himself for doing so. Jason could be a "great' player, if he offered increased drive and desire and improved certain aspects of his game - drifting lacksadaisical-like in and out of games, does nothing for himself or his team-mates.
    He dropped him for several weeks and refused to even bring him on as a sub when we were crying out for goals. I think Lennon's man management of the boy has been deplorable.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    First name on the team sheet every week . Scoring goals is the name of the game . Hope he runs riot against them on Wednesday.
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by Enough said View Post
    Glad I agree with Lennon and not you. Good free kick lad was very poor today
    Who was better then? Can only give pass marks to Darren McGregor and David Gray also. As I said, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Super_JMcGinn View Post
    He dropped him for several weeks and refused to even bring him on as a sub when we were crying out for goals. I think Lennon's man management of the boy has been deplorable.
    Your anti Lennon posts are nauseating give it a rest.

Quote Originally Posted by pacoluna View Post
    He's entitled to his opinion, its not an unreasonable one even if it makes you sick. Why dont you give it a rest

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by pacoluna View Post
    It gives me no pleasure in stating the obvious, I'm sorry if that upsets you.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Albanian Hibs View Post
    Who was better then? Can only give pass marks to Darren McGregor and David Gray also. As I said, imo.
    Lewis Stevenson

Quote Originally Posted by Super_JMcGinn View Post
    He dropped him for several weeks and refused to even bring him on as a sub when we were crying out for goals. I think Lennon's man management of the boy has been de3plorable.
    On the contrary, I think Lennon is astute and is trying every trick in the book to get Jason to contribute a lot more besides scoring and to move up another level.
    You have to keep in mind that it was Lennon himself who took Jason away to France to convince him that his immediate future lay with Hibs and managed to secure him on a lengthy contract.
    He is simply working the boy and trying to reach him psychologically. All due respect to Jason, but he's not the sharpest tool and maybe he really does need to be kept at - eventually the penny might drop. If not, then Jason might just become one of those " if only" players we have all witnessed and heard of.

Quote Originally Posted by houstonhibbee View Post
    He's entitled to his opinion, its not an unreasonable one even if it makes you sick. Why dont you give it a rest
    who said he's not entitled to his opinion, must be the most boring overused sentence on this "he's entitled to his opinion" grow up, we know his opinion, its on every thread! he does't like him we get that.

Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    If we go up a lot of that will be down to Jason Cummings.

Imagine where we'd be if lennon hadn't dropped him for 8 weeks!
    He dropped him when he wasn't scoring which is fair enough and he brought in Boyle in who had a good run scoring next few games if I recall.
    He's played pretty much a full game in 5 of the 8 draws and 1 of the 2 defeats with half an hour in the other defeat and one of the remaining draws.

For the record - I like Cummings a lot and he has a swagger that good forward players need.
    He's a good player and we've been very reliant on his goals but he has a lot of room for improvement and if he is "undroppable" it unfortunately says more about our goalscoring options in the squad rather than Cummings.