hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Stubbs last 2 results in Kirkcaldy
    Raith 1-0 Hibs
    Raith 2-1 Hibs

Let's forget this myth that we played free flowing football under Stubbs. We created little and scored much less than our rivals for the league.
    Exactly. We were mentally weak against these teams under Stubbs.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by HibsNutter View Post
    I'm delighted with Lennon. He has sussed out the way to win this league, which we will. It might not be easy on the eye football but it's getting the job done, hence why we are seven points clear. He will take us up and then we can try to implement a different style next season. There is no point trying to play perfect pretty football against a bunch of cloggers on a crap pitch and getting kicked off the park. We need to dig in at times which we are good at.
    I agree as long as we get out of this league I can put up with the odd away draw

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    If we we go up and play like this next season we will go straight back down.
    Nope

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Both times in more difficult leagues.

Both times it wasn't the performances against the more difficult teams that were our downfalls !

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    If we we go up and play like this next season we will go straight back down.
    Because our results against the "big teams" have been terrible right enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I wasn't there today but this is what I make of it.

We got a hard-earned point at a difficult away ground after being behind to extend our lead at the top of the league to 7 points with a superior goal difference to 2nd.

We were playing a team fired up by a new manager at a time when we might have one eye on a huge game on Wednesday.

By all accounts our manager is furious about our performance and so is obviously setting high standards.

I've seen some stuff I've not been happy with this season and plenty I have been happy with.

We're getting to an important stage of the season and results will be everything.

Let's keep the heid eh?
    We're told every week we play away that we're at a difficult away ground. In this league, with the exception of Tannadice, Falkirk and Morton, none of the away grounds should be difficult.

I wasn't at the game today either but it didn't sound like Yogi had them particularly fired up - sounded like they were as poor as us. I may be wrong of course.

It should never be an excuse that any player had an eye on the Hearts game. Why should that make you play mediocre football?

Setting high standards is pointless unless you get players to actually perform to those standards, which we're not doing often enough.

Quote Originally Posted by HFCdeb View Post
    I was there. The first 60 minutes was an absolute disgrace, we only started playing in the last 30 minutes. Keatings was an empty jersey and if it'd been Shinnie putting in a performance like that people would have been foaming at the mouth with abuse. Lennon's interview perfectly summed it up - "immaturity".
    Interesting to hear.

I feel a bit for Lennon. So far he's got us on course to achieve our main objective but he hasn't really won over the fans yet.

Stubbs is immensely popular and a club legend but so far all Lennon has failed to do is to succeed where Stubbs ultimately failed - lack of punch in the final third and we're not scoring enough goals.

We needed another striker in January, no combination of who we currently have quite cuts it.

For me Holt is actually the first pick, closely followed by Cummings. I understand why Lennon might want to hold Holt back for Wednesday as he and Cummings are by far our strongest front pairing.

On paper the strikers we played today should have been enough but the chemistry between them just isn't there and I'm not surprised we struggled.

Our defensive unit is solid and we have some decent midfielders. If we could just get something to click in the final third then I think we could have a superb team on our hands.

I'm not sure exactly how we do it though.

Interesting to hear.

I feel a bit for Lennon. So far he's got us on course to achieve our main objective but he hasn't really won over the fans yet.

Stubbs is immensely popular and a club legend but so far all Lennon has failed to do is to succeed where Stubbs ultimately failed - lack of punch in the final third and we're not scoring enough goals.

We needed another striker in January, no combination of who we currently have quite cuts it.

For me Holt is actually the first pick, closely followed by Cummings. I understand why Lennon might want to hold Holt back for Wednesday as he and Cummings are by far our strongest front pairing.

On paper the strikers we played today should have been enough but the chemistry between them just isn't there and I'm not surprised we struggled.

Our defensive unit is solid and we have some decent midfielders. If we could just get something to click in the final third then I think we could have a superb team on our hands.

We do it by getting K Commons in whatever way we can.

Last two seasons all I heard was it's about getting out this league and **** the pretty football! We are 7 clear and clear favs to go up, can we calm the **** down and let's just see this out.

Honestly we hate a right good moan!

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Looks like Lennon isn't happy either...

"Neil Lennon just said on @BBCSportsound that Hibs were an absolute 'disgrace' today."

he's now went up in my estimations

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by High-On-Hibs View Post
    I get your point. But so what? The fact is, we are top of the league and on course for promotion. That's all that matters right now. It doesn't matter how we're doing it, as long as it happens.

Well Stubbs isn't still the boss, he left to pursue his career with some irrelevant outfit down south which all fell apart for him. So we just need to work with what we've got right now. Calling for the managers head at this stage of the season while we're at the top of the table is an instability we can really do without.
    I'm not calling for Lennon's head, he has us top of the league so is doing his job. That doesn't mean he is beyond criticism though.

Some of the posts are way off claiming he is doing a wonderful job, he himself is saying we were a disgrace today and he has to shoulder some blame for that. Some are claiming we have worked out how to play in this league despite scoring less goals and picking up less points than Stubbs did up to this point last year. If The Rangers hadn't taken four off us at Christmas last year we would have had a similar defensive record under Stubbs too.

My worry is that at this point it all went tits up for Hibs and Stubbs last year, in the league at least. We picked up 1 point from 18. We may be top of the league but we are not playing well. I can't see us hitting such a poor vein of form as we did at this point last year but who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Sas_The_Hibby View Post
    We're told every week we play away that we're at a difficult away ground. In this league, with the exception of Tannadice, Falkirk and Morton, none of the away grounds should be difficult.

I wasn't at the game today either but it didn't sound like Yogi had them particularly fired up - sounded like they were as poor as us. I may be wrong of course.

It should never be an excuse that any player had an eye on the Hearts game. Why should that make you play mediocre football?

Setting high standards is pointless unless you get players to actually perform to those standards, which we're not doing often enough.
    I think Holt is a first pick, so part of the "one eye on Wednesday" comment refers to Lennon and his team selection.

Rangers and Hearts dropped points as they skooshed the league, every top team does it.

As a rule I want to see us beat all teams home, the bottom half teams away and not lose away to top half teams - that should see us promoted.

I'm a lot more concerned about our dodgy home results than dropping points at Raith.

Quote Originally Posted by A Hi-Bee View Post
    I think there's a lot in that.

That wee bit extra that wins tight games and joins up our midfield and attack.

A player that Lennon recognised we needed and brought in, to great effect.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by A Hi-Bee View Post
    You mean the Hearts way? Paying wages we simply can't afford? Even if we don't require it to reach our main objective?

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    I'm not calling for Lennon's head, he has us top of the league so is doing his job. That doesn't mean he is beyond criticism though.

Some of the posts are way off claiming he is doing a wonderful job, he himself is saying we were a disgrace today and he has to shoulder some blame for that. Some are claiming we have worked out how to play in this league despite scoring less goals and picking up less points than Stubbs did up to this point last year. If The Rangers hadn't taken four off us at Christmas last year we would have had a similar defensive record under Stubbs too.

My worry is that at this point it all went tits up for Hibs and Stubbs last year, in the league at least. We picked up 1 point from 18. We may be top of the league but we are not playing well. I can't see us hitting such a poor vein of form as we did at this point last year but who knows.

Nobody is saying he is doing a "wonderful" job. But he is "doing his job" as you say and that is all we need from him right now.

@hibs.net private member
    That was brutal today. Absolutely awful. But at least it seems like Lennon realises this.

We won't win Wednesday. We simply don't create chances

Interesting to hear.

Good points here. The only one I would slightly disagree with is that Cummings is for me first pick simply because he scores goals, with Holt. But agree with your overall summary. Its great we're not leaking goals and are strong at the back and as you rightly say if we could have other players chipping in with goals here and there we'd be very good. Hopefully we'll click on Wednesday.

Heard Lenny on the tranny literally raging about it and I'm sure he let the players who didn't perform know too which shows he is feeling it just as much as the fans.

glory glory

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyS View Post
    Both times it wasn't the performances against the more difficult teams that were our downfalls !
    Stubbs was undone by his starting position in season one and overambition in season two. Season one he had to rebuild an entire team, season two he tried to compete on three fronts when we just didn't have the depth to do so.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Not being dumd, but did we not just extend our lead at the top of the league?

J

Edit - also add in the Yogi bounce.

Panic not, Hibees!

That was grim today but the players need to take a long, hard look at themselves.

We've only lost two games. Can't see us losing many between now and the end of the season so there will be a big improvement on that front As Lennon said in his interview, we draw too many though.

Lennon' s biggest failing has been his signings imo. I still think some of the stick he gets is simply because he's Neil Lennon and people just don't like him. Nothing has really changed from last season for me. Different styles but we fail to score enough goals either way.

Stubbs was undone by his starting position in season one and overambition in season two. Season one he had to rebuild an entire team, season two he tried to compete on three fronts when we just didn't have the depth to do so.
    Stubbs is and always will be a legend.

But he finished third in the championship. If being top is mediocre then what the hell is third? Forget the excuses, finishing third in the second tier was unacceptable.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    That was grim today but the players need to take a long, hard look at themselves.

We've only lost two games. Can't see us losing many between now and the end of the season so there will be a big improvement on that front As Lennon said in his interview, we draw too many though.

Lennon' s biggest failing has been his signings imo. I still think some of the stick he gets is simply because he's Neil Lennon and people just don't like him. Nothing has really changed from last season for me. Different styles but we fail to score enough goals either way.
    Don't get me wrong, I admire him and like him. By making public his battles with depression he helps to break the taboo over mental health and I genuinely do think that's admirable. I also don't want him sacked.

I just think our football isn't meeting expectations and would prefer someone else to take the seat next season.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Iainhfc PSN ID: Iainhfc
    Keep calm . Extra point gained . It's the big game on Wednesday

Raith 1-0 Hibs
    Raith 2-1 Hibs

Let's forget this myth that we played free flowing football under Stubbs. We created little and scored much less than our rivals for the league.

I will say I am somewhat disappointed that we are not playing better football. I honestly thought we would. However, for me it is just get out of this dreadful league. 2 seasons ago was unique. Hibs, The Rangers and Hearts in the lower division but last year was not much better standard than this year. Take Rangers out put DUFC in and not a lot of difference. Indeed it might be better than it looks. 7 points ahead and no The Rangers or Hearts to take points off the other teams.

I think that in the top division Stubbs would have produced better football. I believe Lennon will also. Hearts and Rangers have proven that, though they might not be playing great football, the more open games benefit them and they find themselves in the top 4/5 comfortably.

I was disappointed with the lack of signings in January but really, who was out there, in our price range and available that would have been an obvious benefit to the team? Do we want to adopt Hearts vacuum cleaner approach?

I just want Hibs out of this division. I am still confident Lennon will achieve this.

Who knows what would have happened if Stubbs had stayed. One thing he did prove is that he could not get us of this division. We might have been talking about the same options as we were the past 2 seasons....finishing second to play less games. We might be 12 points ahead at this point. And yes, we might be 7 points ahead as we are now.

Let's just get of this division and back to where we belong.

What a flipping cheek people have got complaining about Lennon.

Were seven point ahead for heavens sake.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Thats just excuses.

Hearts basically had a whole new team when Stubbs took over at Hibs, they went on and strolled the league.

Quote Originally Posted by HFCdeb View Post
    I was there. The first 60 minutes was an absolute disgrace, we only started playing in the last 30 minutes. Keatings was an empty jersey and if it'd been Shinnie putting in a performance like that people would have been foaming at the mouth with abuse. Lennon's interview perfectly summed it up - "immaturity".
    Agree with this 110% thought both keatings and fyvie were an utter disgrace today...had that been shinnie the knives would have been out on here. Glad lennon has blasted them...it's thoroughly deserved

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post
    Not being dumd, but did we not just extend our lead at the top of the league?

J

Edit - also add in the Yogi bounce.

Panic not, Hibees!

No, we didn't. United got the draw with two injury-time goals.

My thought is that the players have it in their heads that promotion's more or less settled and they aren't giving anything like 100% for long periods of the "bread-and-butter" games like Ayr and Raith.

Maybe they need a jolly good fright to concentrate their minds? I hope they don't get one.

Raith 1-0 Hibs
    Raith 2-1 Hibs

Spot on mate not to mention 2 defeats at Dumbarton and Alloa under Stubbsy

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    That was brutal today. Absolutely awful. But at least it seems like Lennon realises this.

We won't win Wednesday. We simply don't create chances
    Yaaaay your back, another negative post 👏🏼👏🏼

Didn't you predict a loss at Tynecastle as well??

I know todays game is all about the league but now that it is over and we can't change the result, let's try and be positive....Lennon has lambasted the team and hopefully they will be angry and/or hurt and come Wednesday will be out to prove themselves.