hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Perhaps a bit too critical given that we are 7 points clear but on current form, if we do get promoted, we'll have to improve massively next season or else we're going to be involved in a relegation battle. Our "goals for" stats this season are ridiculous.

2. Log in to remove the advert

He doesn't seem happy in his interview....absolutely raging!!!

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do you think that's down to NL? If we had Stubbs we'd still be well clear IMO but with better football and better signings.

IMO we've regressed and our position is down to United being very poor. God knows I've been called a happy clapper enough on here before, I just think that Lennon just doesn't justify his high wage.
    I agree that we've got lucky Utd are very poor but it's impossible to say the signings would've been better under Stubbs. We'd have played better football under him but let's not kid that he didn't have these kind of results too.

Quote Originally Posted by HibsNutter View Post
    I'm delighted with Lennon. He has sussed out the way to win this league, which we will. It might not be easy on the eye football but it's getting the job done, hence why we are seven points clear. He will take us up and then we can try to implement a different style next season. There is no point trying to play perfect pretty football against a bunch of cloggers on a crap pitch and getting kicked off the park. We need to dig in at times which we are good at.
    an we dont lose many goals, so the base is there to build on for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by guthrie01 View Post
    Agree 100%

Lennon has made us worse not better this season.

Any manager could of gotten us promoted this season looking at the other dross in this league. We are in February and I'm still anxious whether we are going up or not
    were slowly getting towards the finish line. Ironically I think this team would get on better in the top league where we will have less possession. Tight at the back, difficult to beat but can be a threat on the counter

Left by mutual consent!
    I didn't realise Lennons wage was common knowledge.

I'm glad Stubbs left as he never managed to get us scoring goals either but if Lennon can't fix the problem then his position will be questioned.
    I know we are 7 points clear and I'm confident we are going up but it is also fair game to start looking at the overall picture and asking why our signings this year have been so poor and why we still can't score goals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by HibsNutter View Post
    I'm delighted with Lennon. He has sussed out the way to win this league, which we will. It might not be easy on the eye football but it's getting the job done, hence why we are seven points clear. He will take us up and then we can try to implement a different style next season. There is no point trying to play perfect pretty football against a bunch of cloggers on a crap pitch and getting kicked off the park. We need to dig in at times which we are good at.
    He has sussed out how to win the league by winning less points per game than Stubbs did last year, not solving our goal scoring issues and playing eye bleeding hoofball. He has taken a team of passers who admittedly went sideways too much into a team of cloggers who hoof at every opportunity and make more runs getting behind the ball than in front. The reason we are top of the league is because the opposition are not as good as last year and have picked up less points. We are worse than we were last year and the trajectory appears to be going further than way.

We are top and odds on to go up. However, I suspect we may have the slippers on if Stubbs was still boss rather than the hob nailed boots we are wearing at present. Giving credit to Lennon, as if he is some kind of genius, is ridiculous when we are picking up less points than last season at this point. If he has some kind of voodoo that lets him determined results where we don't play then I wish he would use it to make us pass the ball to each other and score a few goals.

Fair do's. Not the result that we wanted but if we were told (obviously by a time traveller) that we would be seven points, call it eight with our superior goal difference) ahead of the second placed team we would have all been chuffed to bits. I daresay that some players may have had Wednesday's meeting with the Yams at the forefront of their minds which acted as a distraction today.

Top of the league and the Yams in a few days at the home of the Scottish Cup Holders. What more would you want. We've had far worse seasons.

Happy clapper.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by murray26 View Post
    I think this season is all about just getting the job done.. wouldn't want to witness this brand of football for to long though..
    Absolutely. I think we'll crawl over the line eventually, but we will need major signings in the summer to stay in the Premiership.

@hibs.net private member
    We are 7 points clear, and obviously in a much better position than last season. People have short memories honestly. Remember some of the results last season?! Getting beaten away at Raith, scrappy games and horrid performances against Livingston, Dumbarton, the embarrassing 3-0 defeat to Morton?

It wasn't "rosier" last season. This season is about getting the job done. The team Lennon put out today was good enough to win that match, but a draw isn't the end of the world it gives us another point.

Sometimes people need to get a grip and remember that the nice football that we played at times over the last two seasons league wise kept us in the championship. Nothing matters this year other than getting up.

Another crap result. We're seeing too many performances that fall short of what is acceptable for this club. If he is indeed our highest paid manager that's scandalous, he's bang average at best.

Promotion or not, I'd be disappointed to see him as manager next season.
    are you for real?

I wasn't there today but this is what I make of it.

We got a hard-earned point at a difficult away ground after being behind to extend our lead at the top of the league to 7 points with a superior goal difference to 2nd.

We were playing a team fired up by a new manager at a time when we might have one eye on a huge game on Wednesday.

By all accounts our manager is furious about our performance and so is obviously setting high standards.

I've seen some stuff I've not been happy with this season and plenty I have been happy with.

We're getting to an important stage of the season and results will be everything.

Let's keep the heid eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Looks like Lennon isn't happy either...

"Neil Lennon just said on @BBCSportsound that Hibs were an absolute 'disgrace' today."
    Have no problem him saying that, Its what he is gping to do about it Has he run out of ideas to find a way to get us more creative Or has he resigned himself to feeling he has tried a lot of fringe players and he cant get them to perform
    Graham got a full game and didnt score Keatings the same Leaving all the pressure on Cummings who thankfully is on a scoring run just now Please dont let that dry up
    But we ate still top with bteathing space and we move on to the next game hoping something will change
    Humphreys i thought was going to be the spark but so far he has proven to be a one game wonder
    Whats happened to him
    I

Do you think that's down to NL? If we had Stubbs we'd still be well clear IMO but with better football and better signings.

IMO we've regressed and our position is down to United being very poor. God knows I've been called a happy clapper enough on here before, I just think that Lennon just doesn't justify his high wage.
    Stubbs failed TWICE to get us promoted. Give yourself a shake.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    Don't think the OP is that bad to be honest.

The standard in this league is chronic and we are just a wee bit above that level.
    Why is it when I see you posting I know we didn't win? Funny thing that....

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Looks like Lennon isn't happy either...

"Neil Lennon just said on @BBCSportsound that Hibs were an absolute 'disgrace' today."
    Got to admit I like hearing that from the manager now and again when it's blatantly obvious we've underperformed.

I felt Stubbs was far too soft in that regard and while I wouldn't want Lennon saying that every week i think it's good for all concerned if he is brutally honest now and again.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by houstonhibbee View Post
    were slowly getting towards the finish line. Ironically I think this team would get on better in the top league where we will have less possession. Tight at the back, difficult to beat but can be a threat on the counter

I think this is pretty accurate. This team and Stubbs team doesn't/didn't seem to have the intuition to break down teams happy to let us pass back and forth across their 18 yard box.

I think a lot of new midfielders and strikers will be needed when we go up.

Bartley will always shine in big matches but is wasted in games like today, Fyvie is neat & tidy but doesn't create much, I'm starting to think Keatings has found his level and will probably be at Utd or whoever comes down next year and Dylan is doing a great job at being the best player in the stands every week!

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HFCdeb View Post
    Stubbs failed TWICE to get us promoted. Give yourself a shake.
    Both times in more difficult leagues.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Left by mutual consent!
    yeah, let's bring back Collins, Yogi, Mixu, Hughes, Calderwood, Fenlon, Butcher... That wasn't mediocrity, it was sub mediocrity.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    He has sussed out how to win the league by winning less points per game than Stubbs did last year, not solving our goal scoring issues and playing eye bleeding hoofball. He has taken a team of passers who admittedly went sideways too much into a team of cloggers who hoof at every opportunity and make more runs getting behind the ball than in front. The reason we are top of the league is because the opposition are not as good as last year and have picked up less points. We are worse than we were last year and the trajectory appears to be going further than way.

We are top and odds on to go up. However, I suspect we may have the slippers on if Stubbs was still boss rather than the hob nailed boots we are wearing at present. Giving credit to Lennon, as if he is some kind of genius, is ridiculous when we are picking up less points than last season at this point. If he has some kind of voodoo that lets him determined results where we don't play then I wish he would use it to make us pass the ball to each other and score a few goals.
    I get your point. But so what? The fact is, we are top of the league and on course for promotion. That's all that matters right now. It doesn't matter how we're doing it, as long as it happens.

Well Stubbs isn't still the boss, he left to pursue his career with some irrelevant outfit down south which all fell apart for him. So we just need to work with what we've got right now. Calling for the managers head at this stage of the season while we're at the top of the table is an instability we can really do without.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I wasn't there today but this is what I make of it.

We got a hard-earned point at a difficult away ground after being behind to extend our lead at the top of the league to 7 points with a superior goal difference to 2nd.

We were playing a team fired up by a new manager at a time when we might have one eye on a huge game on Wednesday.

By all accounts our manager is furious about our performance and so is obviously setting high standards.

I've seen some stuff I've not been happy with this season and plenty I have been happy with.

We're getting to an important stage of the season and results will be everything.

Let's keep the heid eh?
    I was there. The first 60 minutes was an absolute disgrace, we only started playing in the last 30 minutes. Keatings was an empty jersey and if it'd been Shinnie putting in a performance like that people would have been foaming at the mouth with abuse. Lennon's interview perfectly summed it up - "immaturity".

Left by mutual consent!
    Our defence has been superb unfortunately our forwards have not been good enough and that is why we are not double pts clear.

Both times in more difficult leagues.
    Nonsense. He failed twice in the play offs.

If we we go up and play like this next season we will go straight back down.

one point! if you were offered at the start of the season that hibs would be 7 points clear in the league with huge goal difference about to play hearts in the scottish cup replay at easter road!! in the middle of febuary........would you think so so? or would you think if only??? i know what my answer is!!

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Why is it when I see you posting I know we didn't win? Funny thing that....
    Haha, bore off pal.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    If we we go up and play like this next season we will go straight back down.
    Again, one woeful performance and you state that? I'd bet if we go up, we won't play like that. We will also not be playing against teams who just sit in week in week out and the team we have have no problem raising their game against Prem teams.

Not to mention we will obviously strengthen in the summer. We will not be coming straight back down from that league.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Stubbs last 2 results in Kirkcaldy
    Raith 1-0 Hibs
    Raith 2-1 Hibs

Let's forget this myth that we played free flowing football under Stubbs. We created little and scored much less than our rivals for the league.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    Stubbs last 2 results in Kirkcaldy
    Raith 1-0 Hibs
    Raith 2-1 Hibs

Let's forget this myth that we played free flowing football under Stubbs. We created little and scored much less than our rivals for the league.
    This. Short, short memories.