hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tony Watt

Tony Watt

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/stv.tv/amp/1380234-tony-watt-i-don-t-want-to-come-back-to-scottish-football/?client=safari

Who on earth does he think he is?!

Nice to hear he is only caring about the money too.

Was curious why we never went for him in the summer until I read him and Lennon had a falling out about his attitude. This reiterates that and I'm glad he is nowhere near us.

2. Log in to remove the advert

A guy who's entire career is based on one breakaway goal, and who has done absolutely hee haw since.

Heard him last night on TV, what a plonker.
    He doesn't see any reason why he should return to Scotland as all is better where he is, hope he stays there for the rest of his days.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Yet bizarrely was called into the Scotland squad earlier this season.

Quote Originally Posted by InchHibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Heard him last night on TV, what a plonker.
    He doesn't see any reason why he should return to Scotland as all is better where he is, hope he stays there for the rest of his days.
    Saw him on TV last night too. Thought to myself "bet that statement comes back to bite him on the arse".

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    T.Watt

United we stand here....

Add to the long list of young players with talent but a bad attitude.

Scotland would be battering Brazil if half these guys were as good as they are in their own minds.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

First Team Regular Salt N Sauzee's Avatar
    fanny

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Why was this insignificant little waster doing pre-Scottish Cup promo work for William Hill anyway?

I felt embarassed for him...cringe

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Testimonial Due
    He was on Soccer AM on Saturday doing the training drill against Jimmy Bullard and it was hard to tell who was the younger, current pro.

Blowing out his backside during a shooting drill which he sclaffed his way through. Don't think he's got any desire to make a good career for himself.

Poor man's Islam Feruz.

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Hit the big time playing in the third tier of English football right enough...

A complete nobody.

@hibs.net private member
    23 year old and 30 odd career goals.....he is a forward yeah?haha. Everything that's wrong with so many younger players these days, too much money too soon. Based on what he did at Hearts and what he's done since he left Celtic I doubt many Scottish clubs would want him anyway!

Blog Entries
    No doubt his views are held by quite a few footballers but sometimes you shouldn't broadcast opinions which lead up blind alleys.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TreadsoneScot
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    Why was this insignificant little waster doing pre-Scottish Cup promo work for William Hill anyway?
    My first thought too. Baffling.

All that's wrong with some of our younger players. If English or continental football suits him so much how come he hasn't made a go of it at any of the clubs he has been at?

I suppose if all that matters is the money he has probably done OK for himself ..... but to pretend the Scottish game isn't for him because of the style of play is a bit sad really, good players adapt to what they face and if they cant they probably weren't as good as they thought they were.

Years from now people will still be singing John McGinn's name while he is boring everybody doon the pub with stories of the time he scored against Barcelona.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    He should team up with Annie Lennox and Sheena Easton and record "Caledonia"

Tony Who, more like.

Speaks like (as well as a wee ned) he's some sort of special gifted player who just gets kicked about and the Scottish style doesn't suit his game.

Came across as a wee fud there.

Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    Poor man's Islam Feruz.
    They clearly share the same "i'm way to big and way to good for you, I should be at the top level" attitude. That interview was embarrassing and if I was a hearts fan I'd be quite pissed off with his patronising "I only used you to get fit" stuff.

Piss off you arrogant wee fud.

Might have been i the right place at the right time in that Barca game but surely the Celtic defence where the real heros for them.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    All that's wrong with some of our younger players. If English or continental football suits him so much how come he hasn't made a go of it at any of the clubs he has been at?

I suppose if all that matters is the money he has probably done OK for himself ..... but to pretend the Scottish game isn't for him because of the style of play is a bit sad really, good players adapt to what they face and if they cant they probably weren't as good as they thought they were.

Years from now people will still be singing John McGinn's name while he is boring everybody doon the pub with stories of the time he scored against Barcelona.
    Exactly, the likes of McGinn and Henderson are young players with bags of talent but the difference being they have fantastic attitudes and just because they've achieved something don't start giving it the big un about how they are way to big and too good to be playing in Scotland. Both better players than Watt. Watt would do well to take a leaf out their books.

Left by mutual consent!
    You can tell that his time spent at the PBS has had a major impact on him - if only his talent matched his mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by 21.05.2016 View Post
    They clearly share the same "i'm way to big and way to good for you, I should be at the top level" attitude. That interview was embarrassing and if I was a hearts fan I'd be quite pissed off with his patronising "I only used you to get fit" stuff.

Piss off you arrogant wee fud.
    He called them a big team, they'll be ****ing themselves into a coma.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    He called them a big team, they'll be ****ing themselves into a coma.
    Textbook yam patter. Sook up to them by endulging their pathetic wee fantasy that they are "the big team". I'm surprsied he didn't end his interview with "oh btw, i also hate hibs". Thats normally another tactic employed by hearts players both past and present to sook up to hearts fans. Don't bother trying to proclaim your love for hearts and say how wonderful hearts are, all we want to know is how much you hate hibs and we want your interview filled with digs at hibs. Weirdos.

Couple different stories I have heard about Watt, from people close to my family include him trying to get into the gym in Glasgow a couple years back and when asked for his name by the woman at the desk scoffing and speaking down to her the famous old line "eh, you dont know who I am?!" to be told no (even when he said his name. )
    And I know a coach at Charlton who says he was a pain in the arse, huge attitude problem in a changing room full of journeymen and hardened pros he was giving it the big'un

Yes this is my first post and no I'm not a jambo, although I heard at the start of the season he was the muts nuts, scotland striker any day of the week and going to be a legend.

Quote Originally Posted by RStar16 View Post
    Couple different stories I have heard about Watt, from people close to my family include him trying to get into the gym in Glasgow a couple years back and when asked for his name by the woman at the desk scoffing and speaking down to her the famous old line "eh, you dont know who I am?!" to be told no (even when he said his name. )
    And I know a coach at Charlton who says he was a pain in the arse, huge attitude problem in a changing room full of journeymen and hardened pros he was giving it the big'un

Yes this is my first post and no I'm not a jambo, although I heard at the start of the season he was the muts nuts, scotland striker any day of the week and going to be a legend.
    The trademark of a Grade A ****er

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Tony, Tony, Tony ...... What???????

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    Watt needs to drop an Angkor somewhere and start performing consistently.

@hibs.net private member
    Carted out a few months wages out from the PBS and gave hee haw in return...he's alright in my book