hibs.net Messageboard

First Team Breakthrough GTMRossaK3's Avatar

Successive away Scottish Cup games at same venue - Tynecastle

Next round away at Tynecastle. Posted this query before the H/RR replay. I'm 66 and cannot remember two successive away classed Scottish Cup games Hibs have played at the same venue. Previous replies said Bonnyrigg Rose was neutral ( that surely is classed as an away fixture given they chose to move the venue ) and someone else said Hampden last year - Semi/Final ( both neutral venues! ).
    Interested to hear if this is in fact a first for Hibs ( or any other team ).

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough GTMRossaK3's Avatar
    By the way - not just Tynecastle - anywhere!

cant think of any but may have been possible with a club sharing a ground for some period, and having to play their cup games there, albeit being classed as a home tie

Remember us playing Meadowbank and Raith at Starks Park in League Cup, the Raith game was when Houchen gave the v's to us at end 😂

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GTMRossaK3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Next round away at Tynecastle. Posted this query before the H/RR replay. I'm 66 and cannot remember two successive away classed Scottish Cup games Hibs have played at the same venue. Previous replies said Bonnyrigg Rose was neutral ( that surely is classed as an away fixture given they chose to move the venue ) and someone else said Hampden last year - Semi/Final ( both neutral venues! ).
    Is it not 3 if you include last seasons run? This team have decent memories of Tynecastle given the replay, Bonnyrigg game and also the league semi final hopefully keeps us in good stead on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Is it not 3 if you include last seasons run? This team have decent memories of Tynecastle given the replay, Bonnyrigg game and also the league semi final hopefully keeps us in good stead on Sunday.
    Not sure what you are saying

the last away cup game was at Inverness in the quarter final replay so it's still two

i can't remember this happening before to any club to answer thecquestion

Quote Originally Posted by GTMRossaK3 View Post
    And of course the Rangers must surely hold the record for successive home games....

Quote Originally Posted by houstonhibbee View Post

the last away cup game was at Inverness in the quarter final replay so it's still two

I think he's referring to the League Cup Semi Final the week before the Hearts game. A Tynecastle doubler but in different competitions. In the same competition I certainly can't remember any other time it's happening but my knowledge only goes back to the 90's really.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar

Apologies forgot about the ICT replay game. Was thinking without that one our last 3 SC away games were at Tynecastle obviously only 2 now.

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
    Remember us playing Meadowbank and Raith at Starks Park in League Cup, the Raith game was when Houchen gave the v's to us at end 😂
    Correct. Two consecutive midweek matches too.

We lost to Motherwell in SC after 3 games ( no extra time and penalties or no penalties at least in first replay ) in 70s . I was at first 2 matches in Motherwell ( 2v2 draw with fantstic Hibs support ) and 1v1 ( ? ) at ER before we lost 3rd game . Think it might have been at neutral Ibrox but maybe at Fir Park making 2 away games in same ground .

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IberianHibernian View Post
    We lost to Motherwell in SC after 3 games ( no extra time and penalties or no penalties at least in first replay ) in 70s . I was at first 2 matches in Motherwell ( 2v2 draw with fantstic Hibs support ) and 1v1 ( ? ) at ER before we lost 3rd game . Think it might have been at neutral Ibrox but maybe at Fir Park making 2 away games in same ground .

i can vaguely remember us playing motherwell at ibrox mid 70's, i think only the main stand and the copland road end were used...with segregation at the copland end, can't remember the score though but motherwell won

Quote Originally Posted by IberianHibernian View Post
    I think second replay was at Ibrox. I recall we were pretty hopeless in the 1-1 at Easter Road. We were going downhill fast after TT's......

I think second replay was at Ibrox. I recall we were pretty hopeless in the 1-1 at Easter Road. We were going downhill fast after TT's......
    Ibrox definitely. Only time I was ever there before they started to rebuild the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    i can vaguely remember us playing motherwell at ibrox mid 70's, i think only the main stand and the copland road end were used...with segregation at the copland end, can't remember the score though but motherwell won
    It was at Ibrox, I was there but can't remember the score. Willie Petigrew scored for Motherwell though. When we walked into the Copland Rd end it was segregated down the middle, half Hibs support and believe it or not the other half were Rangers, full scarves flags the lot. I didn't see hardly any of the game for watching the hundreds of bottles they were throwing at us. Some getting chucked into the roof where they were smashing and raining us with glass The police did nothing, pure animals.