hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Biggest sway?

First Team Breakthrough Stoney Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The sways were not just reserved for goals - a bad challenge from an opposition player had tightly packed crowds surging in the direction of the incident. The goal celebrations were great though - often resulting in lost trainers and flying specs. While we still have the terraces at some of the venues in this league, it's a million miles away from the experience of Hearts, The Old Firm and, during the days of the casual scene, Aberdeen. Great days!
    I had an incident of flying specs at the League Cup semi at Tynecastle against Dundee United (in 1993?) - got them back though! I also seem to remember a proliferation of green glowsticks at that game?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    The equaliser at park head in the league cup final against the Huns. It was utter madness for around 5 minutes after the goal. I was up the back when the goal went in and finished off at the front.
    Absolutely this ..... we were packed in like bloody Sardines and it was bedlam when that goal went in, for a few minutes I got to know what it must have been like to be one of those screaming wee lassies that went to Bay City Rollers and Osmonds concerts, it was like some sort of mass hysteria.
    I've never seen that matched until our winner on 21/05/16 .... folk were falling over each other, over seats and everything it was mental !!!

Apart from that Berwick Rangers was probably the dodgiest when the sway made a wall collapse and folk ended up spilling onto the speedway track .... lucky nobody was seriously hurt that day.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    At Parkhead vs Los Huns in that Final too. I must have bounced 30 or 40 yards from my mates. Only found them on the bus going home

Sent via the bushes @ EM

Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    was at both games you mention. the Annfield one was more memorable though. sheer bedlam when King Kenny scored!. I also have a bad memory about just before the match..... Horse mounted Polis man wanted to see my ticket, did not have one at that point and could not show one. he grabbed my tartan scarf and dragged me about ten feet, the Nazi barsteward. still got in though
    Can sort of remember that happening Wullie, bus fae the Jewel and stop of for a small libation in Lancaster! 😀🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷

Left by mutual consent! Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gettin' Auld View Post
    There was quite a sway when that 'band' reached our end at half time too......
    We were going f...ing mental at that haha

I think the derby game at Easter Road in 1961 or 1962. A record crowd attendance. As a young lad I was standing near the back of the old east when there was a sway, my feet left the ground and I ended up with a good view much further down!