hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Love it, always exciting on the day in the build up too. Night before I'm thinking up dream scenarios!

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Regular Canon Hannan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee Mac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nervous but looking forward to it.

Don't forget, they're overconfident going into this one just like they were last year and we all know what happened. It's a lottery on the day but I have faith in this team when it comes to the big games.
    Fully agree with this. We have nothing to lose. If we lose we still have the Cup victory to remind them. Even if they win, they are gutted with 2016!

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Grew up watching derbies where it was a disappointment only to get a draw and very rare to lose. My mindset is one of eternal expectancy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Not going to lie, when the draw was made I was delighted. Now however, I am bricking it.

@hibs.net private member
    Think first goal will be actually very very critical especially if it's for us. They've not went behind yet as a new team and will try and come forward leaving space to exploit in behind. Or they'll defend like mad trying to stop us scoring second.

If we score first and they defend maybe 1-0 or 2-0 Hibs.
    If we score first and they attack maybe 3-0 or 3-1 Hibs.
    If they score first absolute Lottery on who will win but more than likely a draw.

GGTTH

Love it. As an occasion, the biggest fixture in Scotland so far this season.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Loathe it purely because I'm a born pessimist and always think we'll get beat.
    However, the benefit comes when we do win the elation is magnified 10-fold.

Never really look forward to playing Hearts - I`m a mentally scarred child of the 22 in a row era. It`s a little like travelling long distance - you can`t bear the thought of the journey and you just hope the destination makes up for it.

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best. I'd imagine anyone of my age is roughly the same given the early/mid 90's against them and the subsequent torrid childhood memories.

Delighted when the draw was made though. A great occasion in the offing

Confidence has took a knock the last week or so but I believe Stubs drilled In a no fear mentality to the core of this team playing against Hearts and has changed the mentality within the players and club, something I have no doubt Lennon will continue were underdogs again here but it will be a long time before going to Tyni again with fear Were more than capable of winning at that dump.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHarpy76 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hate to say it but we're not exactly blowing teams away ourselves and we're coming off the back of a poor result whereas they'll be confident after two good wins.

As for "no pressure" you're correct to an extent. There's no pressure on us to win the cup but you're being extremely naive if you think that losing our grip on the trophy at the home of our biggest rivals doesn't put pressure on us.
    They get confident after two good CORNERS won !. 'Fickle' was invented purely for the Jambo and now that they're back on the same level as Barcelona, their confidence will be no problem - unfortunately for them, their problems will start once the game kicks-off !!

@hibs.net private member
    Ian McCall on Radio Scotland just now, Hibs to beat Hearts.

Testimonial Due
    Love it despise the vermin tramps even sweeter hearing the confidence flowing from the tramps,were gonna burst the Gorgie Guardiola's dreamteam of tramps n misfits.

Looking forward to it even though gutted at not having a ticket as yet (there's always hope). Obviously be a very happy chappy if we win but I'd still be very happy to get a replay at ER. Starting to get the derby buzz.

glory glory