hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Love/hate derby week

Are there many fans out there who don't know if they love/hate derby week?
    I only ask as I genuinely don't know how I feel,one minute I'm full of positive thoughts the next I'm dreading it.
    I want to enjoy the build up and in my mind we're pumping them but then I think what if they pump us,for God's sake,I don't even know if I'm a bedwetter or skoosher.
    All in all I think I hate the week,unless of course we beat them,then I'll have loved it.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by rotherhamrob View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I only ask as I genuinely don't know how I feel,one minute I'm full of positive thoughts the next I'm dreading it.
    I want to enjoy the build up and in my mind we're pumping them but then I think what if they pump us,for God's sake,I don't even know if I'm a bedwetter or skoosher.
    All in all I think I hate the week,unless of course we beat them,then I'll have loved it.
    Love it. Bring it on.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by rotherhamrob View Post
    Absorb it mate. It's weeks like this when you know you are alive, that elevates above the mundane pish, and you will remember for years to come irrespective of outcome.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    I can't wait for this one. The banter is going to be magic.

Love it, but the wait seems to take forever!

Love it !! The build up is what it's all about, keeps you excited/nervous until match day when the atmosphere explodes. Can't think of a better way to spend my Sunday than in the roseburn belting out Hibs songs along with many others. Bring on the poppy thieves

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Just keep in mind that without exception in the last 365 days every team that has gone on to win the trophy had to play Hearts (twice) on the road to Hampden.

In the last two occasions we've drawn hearts in the Scottish cup we've dumped them out on our way to the final. They're mentally week and two results against a horrendous rangers side and a poor Motherwell side doesn't change that. Make no mistake about it hearts fans ***** are collapsing at the prospect of this game. They simply have to win it, whereas the pressure is off for us. We've won the cup.

Testimonial Due green with envy's Avatar
    Canny wait.

First Team Breakthrough
    Love it. I work with some right decent Jambos (surprisingly they do exist) and the banter on derby day is fantastic.

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Buzzing & looking forward to going.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    In the last two occasions we've drawn hearts in the Scottish cup we've dumped them out on our way to the final. They're mentally week and two results against a horrendous rangers side and a poor Motherwell side doesn't change that. Make no mistake about it hearts fans ***** are collapsing at the prospect of this game. They simply have to win it, whereas the pressure is off for us. We've won the cup.
    I hate to say it but we're not exactly blowing teams away ourselves and we're coming off the back of a poor result whereas they'll be confident after two good wins.

As for "no pressure" you're correct to an extent. There's no pressure on us to win the cup but you're being extremely naive if you think that losing our grip on the trophy at the home of our biggest rivals doesn't put pressure on us.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHarpy76 View Post
    I hate to say it but we're not exactly blowing teams away ourselves and we're coming off the back of a poor result whereas they'll be confident after two good wins.

As for "no pressure" you're correct to an extent. There's no pressure on us to win the cup but you're being extremely naive if you think that losing our grip on the trophy at the home of our biggest rivals doesn't put pressure on us.
    Last year our results around the 2 derbies was -

Morton 0-1 Hibs
    Livingston 0-0 Hibs
    Hibs 3-0 Alloa
    Hibs 0-3 Morton
    Dumbarton 3-2 Hibs

Hearts results around the Derby were -

Hearts 6-0 Motherwell
    Hamilton 0-0 Hearts
    Ross County 0-3 Hearts

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    I live far away in a place very different so my surroundings present nothing to fire me up in a positive or negative way. Roll on kick off.

I must admit, I really don't look forward to derbys, far too many bad experiences with them, obviously we have had a few cracking results too, I just don't enjoy that nervous feeling at all. Would have been quite happy to have a derby free season tbh, don't want to give them any chance to gloat over us.

Testimonial Due
    Hate it. I lived through 22/21 in a row. Sauzee/Latapy, Mowbray babes and last three years have made it better and I was at 7-0. But still dream of it and wake earlier each day. But bring on those Gorgie cheats.
    Last edited by FilipinoHibs; 07-02-2017 at 11:43 AM.

Love it with passion. The Edinburgh Derby is the best fixture ever.

Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    Last year our results around the 2 derbies was -

Morton 0-1 Hibs
    Livingston 0-0 Hibs
    Hibs 3-0 Alloa
    Hibs 0-3 Morton
    Dumbarton 3-2 Hibs

Hearts results around the Derby were -

Hearts 6-0 Motherwell
    Hamilton 0-0 Hearts
    Ross County 0-3 Hearts
    Agree. Hearts have had an unfortunate confidence boost from the huns game and the Motherwell game, before that they were struggling but form goes out the window in a derby. It'll be a scrappy battle I predict with both teams having to dig deep. The pitch is a disgacre so very little proper football will be played, it'll come down to who gets the lucky breaks and takes their chances.

It'll be a tight game IMO, I reckon whoever wins will only win by 1 goal, I can't see either team dishing out a "pumping".

Quote Originally Posted by JK Rolling View Post
    Love it with passion. The Edinburgh Derby is the best fixture ever.
    I agree. As much as the media love to bum up the Glasgow ugly sisters derby, the Edinburgh derby has the same amount of heat and rivalry but without the bigotry element and the pure bile of the OF. Hibs and hearts hate each other with a passion but mostly on a football basis (the way it should be), not like the OF where politics, religion etc is all brought into it and it generally poisonous.

The only thing I hate is the wait and trying to concentrate on work! Bring them on!

Blog Entries
    I'm more on the love side rather than the hate side but in the context of the upcoming match, no matter the result, I'll be relieved to get it behind us and get back to focussing on the top priority.

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    I'm more on the love side rather than the hate side but in the context of the upcoming match, no matter the result, I'll be relieved to get it behind us and get back to focussing on the top priority.
    But it would be alright to finish their season again :)

Love it and hate it in equal measure ................ the thought of pumping them is great, the thought of losing isn't. I have to say that for me derby matches, especially ones I'm actually at, are something to be endured rather than enjoyed. But that heart pumping dread is probably what makes derby matches so special and sets them aside from other games.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    For a long time I hated it, due to the fact that in my time as a fan Hearts have dominated most of it. It was torture for so long. However, since Hearts had to stop cheating and there's been a level playing field, it's become much more competitive and enjoyable. The hope creates the anticipation which used to be missing. I certainly get nervous, but in a good way.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    Will be bricking myself all week about it.. definitely lean more towards the hate side rather than the love. The feeling of pumping them though is second to none, just wish it was Sunday already

Nervous but looking forward to it.

Don't forget, they're overconfident going into this one just like they were last year and we all know what happened. It's a lottery on the day but I have faith in this team when it comes to the big games.

First Team Breakthrough
    love it and love the build up to it.

Anyone who is nervous, don't be.I saw the last 2 Hearts games that seem to be getting the cheats all worked up. They were so lucky against Rangers and every goal came from a horrendous error. They were awful against Motherwell and the 3-0 scoreline flattered them.They deserved no more than a draw out of that. Before those games I think they had won 1 in 10 in a league not much better than ours.

And look at both teams. Hearts have signed 11 players? and all of them look awful, bunch of merceneries. our boys have been together a while, are far better individually and as a team. PLus our lot will be bang up for this. can't see anything other than a comfortable win for us. I'm going for 3-0 Hibs cummings hattrick.

Not worried in the slightest.

Love it and love the week of nerves before it.

They only subside when you see the two teams line up...one team wearing maroon tops and white shorts against the other with green tops with crisp white sleeves and white shorts. There's something iconic about that image...the oldest and best derby in Scotland.

P.s. watch this we'll be wearing that fluorescent abomination! :-D

As a certain SJM said "hearts away luvvv it"

I love it and can't wait for Sunday. I'll genuinely struggle to sleep all week from thinking about how the game could pan out. 101 different scorers and scorelines will be running through my head, both good and bad.

The difference this year is that I don't think we are under anywhere near as much pressure. The worst case scenario will allow us to concentrate on the league, we won the cup last year anyway, and Celtic are so far ahead of everyone else they'll stroll the Scottish Cup anyway.

Bring it on, as someone else said, the jambos ***** have gone in derbies now. Their players will brick it and the saviles know it.