hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Really? I never would have expected it to be that high. I guess, as previously mentioned on this thread, there are certain industries and communities that would be generally for both but the figure still surprises me.

Maybe it's more the ignorance of me being YES and REMAIN and assuming so many YESers would be the same.
    I think the fear was out of the frying pan into the fire. It could be argued that the UK government would be more interested in the goings on than the European Parliament. We are only 5 million, a very small percentage of Europe, how loud would our voice be? Could we not leave both? I have even less interest in Mr France or Mr Germany deciding my future than Mr London deciding it.
    Last edited by beensaidbefore; 15-02-2017 at 05:28 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member ronaldo7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beensaidbefore View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think the fear was out of the frying pan into the fire. It could be argued that the UK government would be more interested in the goings on than the European Parliament. We are only 5 million, a very small percentage of Europe, how loud would our voice be? Could we not leave both? I have even less interest in Mr France or Mr Germany deciding my future than Mr London deciding it.
    Our voice would be similar in decibels as Ireland, Bulgaria, Denmark, and Finland. It would be louder than, Slovakia, Lithuania, Croatia, Slovenia, Latvia, Estonia, Cyprus, Luxemburg, and Malta.

Imagine all these countries of similar size or smaller having to listen to Scotland eh.