hibs.net Messageboard

What a horrible man.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...racist-9754469

I don't understand why no other passengers said anything.

If I saw or heard someone speaking like that, I would hope that I'd have the presence of mind to say something calm and tactful to shut them up.

Otherwise, I'd find it hard to hide my anger, but silence wouldn't be an option, even at the risk of a punch in the puss.

What a reprehensible slimebag he is.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Scottish Cup Victory - Witness 2016 Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...racist-9754469

I don't understand why no other passengers said anything.

If I saw or heard someone speaking like that, I would hope that I'd have the presence of mind to say something calm and tactful to shut them up.

Otherwise, I'd find it hard to hide my anger, but silence wouldn't be an option, even at the risk of a punch in the puss.

What a reprehensible slimebag he is.
    What a racist tosser,similar to you I wouldn't have let him off lightly had I been present. On a similar note I often travel first class as I am having to visit Liverpool every weekend just now. I have noticed the looks of disdain on occasion from the guys who obviously think this jeans clad rucksack carrying scouser should be in standard class:-).

I would be too if the first class cheap deal wasn'the available. Let's see how I get on this afternoon!
    "If a player is not interfering with play or seeking to gain
    an advantage, then he should be."

Go easy, he's got "economic anxiety".

It's Bud Fox in late middle age.

Left by mutual consent!
    He pleaded guilty hoping with quick plea he would avoid publicity.....Obviously the twat was not quick enough. Now all his posh business clients will know what a ****bag he is.

A posh stuck-up person who thinks he's better than those around him AND a vile racist. Exactly the type of person I would have to confront in that situation. At least the train staff member said something to him.

Baffling how some people can have such attitudes.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    A posh stuck-up person who thinks he's better than those around him AND a vile racist. Exactly the type of person I would have to confront in that situation. At least the train staff member said something to him.

Baffling how some people can have such attitudes.
    Westmonster?

Boy look absolutely reeking. That's not an excuse for him btw. He just looked a sad, drunken individual.

It's always easy to say people should challenge someone in these situations but the reality is often different. I challenged a guy holding his partner by the throat once and still have a scar on my chin to show for it where he drew a knife and lashed out with it.
    I fell in love with football as I was later to fall in love with women,. Suddenly, uncritically giving no thought to the pain it could bring. - Nick Hornby

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    What a racist tosser,similar to you I wouldn't have let him off lightly had I been present. On a similar note I often travel first class as I am having to visit Liverpool every weekend just now. I have noticed the looks of disdain on occasion from the guys who obviously think this jeans clad rucksack carrying scouser should be in standard class:-).

I would be too if the first class cheap deal wasn'the available. Let's see how I get on this afternoon!
    Have been in first class a few times with a £10 or £15 upgrade which pays for itself with the freebies, often have dirty looks as for some reason when I travel I normally don't wear a suit. Done Liverpool to London and shared a carriage with Johnny Vegas who was with his son so apart from a wee converstion was just being a dad, he was sound. The train from Devon to London on a Monday morning which I have travelled on a few times has some real to$$ers on it. Work in London all week and go "home" at the weekend. Don't get me wrong I would love to do that to but it wouldnt make me a merchant banker about it. Also saw Justin Lee Collins get on at Bristol! strange dude!

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    What is it about the British who like to put people in boxes depending on what they choose to wear?

Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    What is it about the British who like to put people in boxes depending on what they choose to wear?
    It's not just the British. All nations do that.

You never seen Pretty Woman?

Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £1,789.68!

It's not just the British. All nations do that.

You never seen Pretty Woman?

I suppose you're right. I recently read something about a guy being refuse entry into a German club because he was wearing a shirt and tie.

There seems to be some dispute over whether or not he's actually a solicitor at all. If he is, he's not registered in Scotland. The SRA (England & Wales) have this bloke, but it's not clear whether it's the same person:

https://www.ukpandi.com/contact/peop...lan-mackinnon/

One of the online articles states:

"RollOnFriday can reveal that Mackinnon does have some experience with the law, but not with practising it. In 1997, aged 27, Mackinnon was fined £5,000 and ordered to perform 200 hours of community service after he drunkenly brandished a 12 bore shotgun on the platform of Crianlarich station in west Perthshire. He wielded the antique Purdey gun after being thrown off a train bound for Glasgow for smoking."

This guy should avoid using trains.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...racist-9754469 ...................What a reprehensible slimebag he is.
    The country's full of them apparently --->

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-38931710

Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    The country's full of them apparently --->

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-38931710
    Despite the public statement from his Conservative Club you can bet there'll be a lot of back slapping going on.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Well, I have to confess I'm guilty of that myself.

Whenever I see a guy like that with not much chin and one of those shirts with a coloured/striped body and that stupid white collar - wee David Steel used to wear one, for example - I automatically conclude he's a complete twonk and a tosser.

I've rarely been proved wrong.

I'm afraid that there's a strong possibility that the rest of the passengers in that carriage agreed with the slimeball. Maybe they wouldn't have said what he said, but they would have agreed - even just a wee bit.

A very considerable proportion of the population of the UK - more I think in England than Scotland, but we have them too, so we can't point the finger - are deep-down xenophobes and racists, and the Brexit vote - and maybe Trump's victory in November - has given them, in what passes for their own minds, licence to vent their spleen more freely than before.

It appears, however, that at least one firm of solicitors weren't prepared to defend him ...
    Last edited by Doddie; 11-02-2017 at 05:04 PM.

"Once one accepts that one has bear-hugged full-blown barking there is great comfort in the bright lights and noises of the wibble-wibble show ..."

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Boy look absolutely reeking. That's not an excuse for him btw. He just looked a sad, drunken individual.

It's always easy to say people should challenge someone in these situations but the reality is often different. I challenged a guy holding his partner by the throat once and still have a scar on my chin to show for it where he drew a knife and lashed out with it.
    I told a guy to stop battering his partner and was set about by both of them, tf there were no weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by HomeTeam View Post
    ****!

What a nasty, cowardly thing to do.

He's obviously misogynistic, at least to white women, and it seems his mental health isn't in the best condition.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £1,789.68!

What a nasty, cowardly thing to do.

He's obviously misogynistic, at least to white women, and it seems his mental health isn't in the best condition.
    What about the mental health of the guy in your link?

What about the mental health of the guy in your link?
    The guy on the train? Unless I've missed it, there's no mention of his mental health in the article. Did something else come to light?

The state of the mental health of the guy who spat at the baby is specifically reported in the latter article which is why I mentioned it.

In my opinion, if he's not getting professional help with that, he should have been jailed for what was an actual assault.

The guy on the train? Unless I've missed it, there's no mention of his mental health in the article. Did something else come to light?

The state of the mental health of the guy who spat at the baby is specifically reported in the latter article which is why I mentioned it.

In my opinion, if he's not getting professional help with that, he should have been jailed for what was an actual assault.
    Agreed. But despite there being no mention of the guy on the train having mental issues I think his outburst shows his elevator doesn't go all the way up to the top floor.

Agreed. But despite there being no mention of the guy on the train having mental issues I think his outburst shows his elevator doesn't go all the way up to the top floor.
    Maybe, but my impression of him is that he's a active white supremacist type, given his connection to Donald Trump on social media and his articles about former UKIP leader Nigel Farage. His other social media “likes” include the English Defence League, the BNP, the Scottish BNP and various Scottish Conservative associations.

It seemed to me that he got pished and got caught letting his racist mouth run off.

Most racists do not have mental health problems, unfortunately.

Maybe, but my impression of him is that he's a active white supremacist type, given his connection to Donald Trump on social media and his articles about former UKIP leader Nigel Farage. His other social media “likes” include the English Defence League, the BNP, the Scottish BNP and various Scottish Conservative associations.

It seemed to me that he got pished and got caught letting his racist mouth run off.

Most racists do not have mental health problems, unfortunately.
    I remember reading an excellent article arguing that racism is a mental health problem, I'll see if I can find it and post a link.

I remember reading an excellent article arguing that racism is a mental health problem, I'll see if I can find it and post a link.
    I know what you mean. My mum used to tell me that murders were committed by people who were insane.

Unfortunately, neither statement is true.

Those Hibs fans who gleefully sing the Edinburgh song (and their ilk) aren't going for counselling or medication anytime soon.

@hibs.net private member
    Spared jail despite two previous race related convictions and he didn't even have to attend court for the verdict...some justice that!

But I suppose it's a complex picture with his mental health problems and slamming him in jail would probably do little to help so it's possible his sentence is the right one.

None the less I'm not sure I would be saying that if he had done that to my baby.