hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Some of the chat coming from the English after the game is embarrassing. "That's not rugby" and "Well done Italy for ruining this international".

Obviously what they should have done was try to play like England do, and end up getting hammered.

It's like listening to Wenger doing his wee whinging routine when Arsenal get beat.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Some of the chat coming from the English after the game is embarrassing. "That's not rugby" and "Well done Italy for ruining this international".

Obviously what they should have done was try to play like England do, and end up getting hammered.

It's like listening to Wenger doing his wee whinging routine when Arsenal get beat.
    Arse only says it when they lose though,England won.
    Last edited by Scouse Hibee; 27-02-2017 at 08:33 PM.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Arse only days it when they lose though,England won.
    True

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Italy beating England 10-5 at half time. Clive Woodward in the prematch discussion said that Italy had improved and there was less chance of England winning by 70 points. "It's more likely to be a 30 to 40 margin." England will probably go on and win easily but the first half certainly left egg on the arrogant Englishman's chin.

he has a bit to go to match the arrogance and ignorance of eddie jones

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    he has a bit to go to match the arrogance and ignorance of eddie jones
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/39099584

He's a bit of a twat isn't he? "That's not rugby"... em yes Eddie it is. If your players aren't smart enough to think on their feet and deviate from the structure and system you have sent them out to play then that's your problem and it isn't up to the other team to meekly sit back and let you play that system.

Where were the leaders in the team? Instead of playing heads up rugby England needed the referee to tell them to ask their coach what to do. It was obvious all they needed to do was either pick and drive up the field until Italy started committing the players to the ruck or start grabbing shirts to hold players into the tackle area. I bet Italy couldn't believe that it confused England for so long. they probably assumed it might work for the first few tackles and then be sussed out after that, but it worked for nearly the whole first half before England tried something different.

For all their long winning run, England are not playing well and I fancy Scotland to cause them a few problems in the next game. I don't think we'll win but it won't be a blow out victory for England.

Scotland were superb in the 2nd half against Wales. We were poor but cant take anything away from the Scots. Really hope they can beat England now. C'mon Scotland!

Quote Originally Posted by nellio View Post
    Scotland were superb in the 2nd half against Wales. We were poor but cant take anything away from the Scots. Really hope they can beat England now. C'mon Scotland!

Classy mate

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nellio View Post
    In contrast I was glad Scotland beat Wales but really hope England beat Scotland. Just for balance like

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Great result and performance by the Welsh. Thoroughly deserved.

Now cannot wait for the Scotland game later today. Really hope we win as it will stop England equalling the NZ record for consecutive wins. If we do manage to somehow win it, then a bonus point victory at Murrayfield against Italy will potentially give us the championship as England will need to win with 4 tries at Dublin.

Blog Entries
    Scotland down to 14 men for ten minutes. Down 7pts to 0. England taking Scotland apart.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Come on Engerlaaaaaaaaaaaand 10-0

Blog Entries
    Men against wee laddies I'm afraid. Total embarrassment. Scotland reverting to type.
    Last edited by Jim44; 11-03-2017 at 04:53 PM.

North British no voters getting humped off there masters.. I'm gutted..

turned over to the footy after 20 mins at twickenham, game was over after a few minutes when that clown got himself a yellow card, injury after injury, even a replacement got replaced after just a few mins, hogg going off injured was the final straw(for me anyway) as for finn freakin russell...well

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by murray26 View Post
    Are you even old enough to vote?

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    Are you even old enough to vote?
    Good one👍

Farcical performance, I thought we'd turned a corner, oh well.

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Completely froze today I'm afraid.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Farcical performance, I thought we'd turned a corner, oh well.
    I was beginning to feel sorry for Cotter getting the heave as he had the team going places. Townsend will hopefully pick up the pieces.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by murray26 View Post
    How did the individual players in the team vote?

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Really, really humiliating. No positives whatsoever from that "performance" our joint worst ever defeat against England.

The womens team got pumped 64-0!

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Bad day at the office for Scotland, started badly, defended really poorly and made far too many errors. In contrast they caught England on a good day. Scotland are a better team than they showed today, you're moving in the right direction despite todays set back.

We lost the physical battle.

Despite not really liking rugby, I was actually quite looking forward to watching the match today.

All the vibes coming from the media were suggesting that Scotland had, at the very least, a fighting chance of competing with England.

Within 10 minutes, I had turned it off and although I did switch it back now and again it was only for a couple of minutes at a time.

It was an horrendous day for Scottish rugby and a real setback when a lot of people had been saying how well Scotland was doing these days and how we were now amongst the top nations in the world.

Today was a total embarrassment of a result, I know that even although I know very little about rugby as a sport and we clearly still have a long way to go.

any scots watching our rugby sevens team will most likely be quite appalled at the lack of quality even in our sevens team at the canadian round this weekend, russia just won their first game against us in 11 years, we can't even pass a freakin ball, we can't even convert in front of goals, the 7's team the last two weekends are utter p@sh, seriously lacking in quality and horrible to watch, lord knows what neutrals at the last two venues must think, every single team i've saw this weekend has at the very least shown some pride with loads of effort...what a shameful weekend for scottish rugby at every level
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 12-03-2017 at 04:05 AM.

It's a stupid sport anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    any scots watching our rugby sevens team will most likely be quite appalled at the lack of quality even in our sevens team at the canadian round this weekend, russia just won their first game against us in 11 years, we can't even pass a freakin ball, we can't even convert in front of goals, the 7's team the last two weekends are utter p@sh, seriously lacking in quality and horrible to watch, lord knows what neutrals at the last two venues must think, every single team i've saw this weekend has at the very least shown some pride with loads of effort...what a shameful weekend for scottish rugby at every level
    I'm sure there has been some quite severe issues with the funding of the 7's program and it is lucky to still be running. That's just what I've heard.

Used to like watching rugby internationals. Now pretty much just a physical battle....much more so than it used to be. Fairly boring and largely predictable. Huge men battering each other.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    It's a stupid sport anyway.
    Think I heard/read somewhere, that at least 4 players had to leave the pitch yesterday due to head injuries. Is Sport now getting too brutal?