hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    @hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SirDavidofGray View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I happen to believe loyalty doesn't mean going to away games, there are so many more fans who show their loyalty to the club and contribute WAY more financially to the club than the away fans who btw many struggle to muster so much as a scarf to wear let alone a hibs top.

This isn't a dig at you and I'm sorry I quoted your post
    Not a problem.

The word "loyalty" seems to invoke strong emotions in some (same as "commitment" upsets others.) I personally wouldn't have called them loyalty points, but something like ticket points. As I've said before it's not about who is the better (or more loyal fan) it's about allowing those who regularly travel to away games priority over those who rarely do so.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WS Hibs View Post
    And again, let's be honest here, whilst there are people in that situation - and I would never want to have a go at them - there are plenty more who just don't want to seem to do away games unless it's Hearts away. Despite not showing any interest in away games all season, they're suddenly willing to spend face value £28 (or sometimes buy extortionately priced second hand tickets), and queue outside Easter Road for 12 hours.

A few people I've seen elsewhere seem to suggest that queueing for half a day for your ticket makes you entitled to one. Ridiculous IMO. A person who has never been to a game in their life could get in touch with somebody who has a client reference number, stand outside the ticket office from midnight and get a ticket. That shows desperation, not loyalty to Hibs.

In my opinion, a ballot is not the right way for a club of Hibs' size. Teams like Rangers need it because their demand for away tickets outstrips supply almost every single week. That will never be the case with Hibs apart from one or two games a season - and sometimes we used to struggle to sell half the Roseburn. Why? Call it as it is, fans want to go to the glamour games, and feel they shouldn't lose out to fans who go all over Scotland to see Hibs week in, week out.

But they should lose out, because those fans have got themselves to almost every single away game in a season. They buy tickets even when the demand is very low (eg Queen of the South away), why should they not be prioritised when demand is very high? The fact that Dempster seems unable to distinguish between "disappointed supporters" who had no almost claim to a ticket under the old loyalty points system and "disappointed supporters" who follow Hibs everywhere seems a tad worrying to me.

One more thing, we also have a loyal away fanbase of about 1,000-1,500. If they all got their ticket, there would still be a good 2,000 tickets for the home ST holders and less frequent away travellers to go for.

Pretty much exactly where I stand. There doesn't need to be a complicated system - award points for season ticket, walk ups and away attendance. When it comes to an away game/Hampden trip - look at the allocation and determine the cut off point for first wave, then continue accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    The fans that go every week are very fortunate - they get to see Hibs and have that day out every week - nice that they can.

A small number of this group seem to think it is their extra 'commitment' or 'loyalty' that means they can go. I'm sure most Hibs fans would also do this if they can but they have to settle for the ones they can get to. A small number would like to see these fans basically blocked form being able to even go to those games because they haven't been as committed as them?
    Get a grip and dry your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by C Feeney-Seale View Post
    While I can understand the clubs reluctance given the less than smooth experience from last time, my sense from reading reactions online is that there is a pretty strong feeling that we need some kind of loyalty system - the poll on this forum has more than 80% in favour. I outlined my own thoughts earlier.

We need a way to actually check if this is what fans want, and fortunately we have an opportunity. Soon the ballot will be launching to elect the next two fan representatives - can we add on a simple yes/ no question to establish whether the majority want a loyalty system or not? Voting is meant to start soon (6 February) so we might be cutting it a little fine here, but worth exploring I think.

If the answer is yes, then we can start feeding in our ideas, and as I said in a previous post I would really like to see the club share a blueprint in advance so we can make sure the system lands better than the first attempt.

If the answer is no then we can consider the issue settled.

There will be many more games next season where demand outstrips supply, so now is the time to have these conversations. If we don't settle this, we'll certainly be dealing with the same frustrations again.

Cheers,

Charlene
    We're voting fans reps. Surely a major requirement of that job will be seeing past the knee jerk reactions to that particular weeks hot topic and getting a more measured view of how the fan base as a whole feels? We'd never be away from the ballot box if we were voting on the most important issue of the day all the time. However if we are going to do that put me down for a Yes to standing areas, cheaper tickets, subsidised travel to games and free pies at half time for everybody with a number in their hibs.net user name.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyFantastic View Post
    Get a grip and dry your eyes.
    You've got me there. Why would you think I need my eyes dried?

Are we really only going to get half the roseburn for league games? Surely we'll only be giving them half the away end at ER in return?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Are we really only going to get half the roseburn for league games? Surely we'll only be giving them half the away end at ER in return?
    Not with their shiny new stand opened.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SirDavidofGray View Post
    I happen to believe loyalty doesn't mean going to away games, there are so many more fans who show their loyalty to the club and contribute WAY more financially to the club than the away fans who btw many struggle to muster so much as a scarf to wear let alone a hibs top.

This isn't a dig at you and I'm sorry I quoted your post

Right some someone who's got a ST and has been to every game home and away isn't as loyal and doesn't contribute as much financially therefor deserve a ticket for tynecastle or ibrox ahead of someone who's bought a 4 strips from the club shop and maybe a scarf too? Right then.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Right some someone who's got a ST and has been to every game home and away isn't as loyal and doesn't contribute as much financially therefor deserve a ticket for tynecastle or ibrox ahead of someone who's bought a 4 strips from the club shop and maybe a scarf too? Right then.
    I don't think ANY season ticket holder deserves any more priority over any other STH when it comes to tickets for ANY game, regardless of how many games you go to.

But if you want to introduce a loyalty scheme then why not give priority to fans who actually contribute most financially to the club whether it be through merchandise HSL buying stones whatever, all of which I've done btw as have many others who don't go to away games.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Super_JMcGinn View Post
    I don't think ANY season ticket holder deserves any more priority over any other STH when it comes to tickets for ANY game, regardless of how many games you go to.

But if you want to introduce a loyalty scheme then why not give priority to fans who actually contribute most financially to the club whether it be through merchandise HSL buying stones whatever, all of which I've done btw as have many others who don't go to away games.
    What for? They don't go to away games!!!
    My tupoenceworth. There should be a system in place and you can call it what you want but I don't think it's unreasonable to give season ticket holders who regularly travel to away games a priority to obtain tickets for away games where demand is greater than supply. I can't understand any fan being against that principle.

All this "loyalty"stuff has a Hunnish Reek.What next banners?Hawkhill Loyal.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Super_JMcGinn;4931387[B
    ]I don't think ANY season ticket holder deserves any more priority over any other STH when it comes to tickets for ANY game, regardless of how many games you go to.[/B]

Laughable. I'm out.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Laughable. I'm out.
    Time for the party poppers..
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

The fans that go every week are very fortunate - they get to see Hibs and have that day out every week - nice that they can.

A small number of this group seem to think it is their extra 'commitment' or 'loyalty' that means they can go. I'm sure most Hibs fans would also do this if they can but they have to settle for the ones they can get to. A small number would like to see these fans basically blocked form being able to even go to those games because they haven't been as committed as them?
    I agree with this logic.

Fans who turn up for one or two home games a season should have as good a chance of getting a scarce ticket as those who shell out for a season ticket and never miss a home game.

That is the point you're making? Or do you think that season ticket holders deserve priority over those who due to circumstances don't have a season ticket, because if so then you're accepting that those who do make the commitment deserve priority and that must then apply to those who attend the most away games having priority over those who rarely do so.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar

We are fortunate, and I'm glad we do, but don't you think we make a lot of sacrifices to do so. I do practically everything in my remit to be there at KO each week. Some people can't and that's understandable, whether they be at different stages in their life, young family, financial reasons, older parents etc, but Hibs really needs these fans to go and support their team in hail, rain or thunderstorms, so Hibs need to look after them
    Do they?
    You can't disagree with that can you?
    How do they do it, if you don't agree with the LS format

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    I assume the call you had with her wasnt what you hoped to hear from her? Can you elaborate? You mentioned you couldnt wait for HSL to get onto the board?
    The call will stay between me and her (in fairness, she called me, not the other way around so communication at that level cannot be faulted. I'm just glad someone at Easter Road can use a phone).
    I said that I was keen for HSL to get their seat on the board as they'll have the 20% shareholding they need to do so and if an HSL member has a grievance then he or she might therefore have a voice at the table.
    Right now, we don't. None of us do, HSL member or otherwise. I doubt very much that the 'fans reps' have much attention paid to them either.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    We are fortunate, and I'm glad we do, but don't you think we make a lot of sacrifices to do so. I do practically everything in my remit to be there at KO each week. Some people can't and that's understandable, whether they be at different stages in their life, young family, financial reasons, older parents etc, but Hibs really needs these fans to go and support their team in hail, rain or thunderstorms, so Hibs need to look after them
    Do they?
    You can't disagree with that can you?
    How do they do it, if you don't agree with the LS format
    I get that Billy and I know I see you everywhere Hibs are.

Hibs need season ticket holders too. I'm just a big believer that a basic right of a season ticket holder should be the option to at least try for a ticket for whatever other games you can get to.

Like anything to solve a small problem you have to be careful you don't make bigger unintended ones. Regulars not getting tickets is very rare. There is also an away ticket scheme.

I base my views on that basic premise and did so when doing alright under the points too.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    I get that Billy and I know I see you everywhere Hibs are.

Hibs need season ticket holders too. I'm just a big believer that a basic right of a season ticket holder should be the option to at least try for a ticket for whatever other games you can get to.

Like anything to solve a small problem you have to be careful you don't make bigger unintended ones. Regulars not getting tickets is very rare. There is also an away ticket scheme.

I base my views on that basic premise and did so when doing alright under the points too.
    Great post Andy, and I respect your point of view. The away ticket scheme I'm in, but it has its limitations, in my situation I go with fans who aren't in it, ends up with us not sitting together.
    Loyalty scheme was better
    All in my opinion of course

Anyone think the away season ticket will still be in force next year?
    Cougars!!!

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post
    175 sold this year......

Not read the previous posts. Some sort of loyalty points system should be invoked for games like the PBS. I've only been to one away game this season but why should new season ticket holders have the same right as me ? It really is unfair.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    175 sold this year......
    I spend about 5 weeks of the year in Ireland, so inevitably miss some games in that time. I'm happy to buy a ST as that's your contribution to the club, and if you are not able to attend for whatever reason, the club doesn't lose out. The reason I didn't sign up for the away ST was simply because if you miss a couple of away games, then not only are you out of pocket, but the money isn't going to the benefit of Hibs either.
    I'm sure there are many who didn't fancy the away ST for this reason, and the take-up number sort of confirms that the away ST has not been a popular one amongst the majority of the regular travelling supporters.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    Trouble with a ballot is you can end up on your own with no family or mates
    Im not saying the ballot is the way forward but hey if im on my own and i see another 3,299 Hibees walking down the road i think im safe and i would say im with friends 🍻