hibs.net Messageboard

University research on our use of screens

Dear all,

I am involved in some university research that is looking at our use of screens in our everyday lives. We have compiled an anonymous survey via the following link where I hope you can spare a few minutes to share your important views.

https://teesside.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/screen-society

Thanks in advance.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by theacademic View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dear all,

I am involved in some university research that is looking at our use of screens in our everyday lives. We have compiled an anonymous survey via the following link where I hope you can spare a few minutes to share your important views.

https://teesside.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/screen-society

Thanks in advance.
    Done, a couple of rather strange questions there!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Some valid and interesting questions in there, and undoubtedly a worthwhile study.

However, as a fellow academic, may I ask: has it undergone ethical approval before dissemination? I ask, because I find a couple of the questions to be leading and absolutely no chance would I be allowed to disseminate a research survey that didn't contain an introductory blurb, or consent form prior to proceeding?
    Okay, technically I'm a serial killer...

9 and 10 are a bit leading, and 11 isnt a meaningful question at all. The rest I tried to answer!

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    Tried to answer most, although gave up on one of the early questions. Agree that some of the positioning statements seemed a little strange or leading.
    ​#PERSEVERED

It was quite leading but I think it may be the angle he/she is going for. With the idea that we are sort of inclined to believe something, if what we perceive a creditable source attached to the question is given

@hibs.net private member
    I gave up half way through...not sure you can answer half the questions without knowing what they mean by 'transformation' of politics or 'corporate dupes' or if 'I could live without the internet or not'.

Sure whoever wrote the survey won't care but the questions are so open to interpretation as to what they might actually mean you are sure to get a wide variety of answers that can't actually be compared.

There's no way that's an academic survey. No chance in hell. Sylar touches on the reasons.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk