hibs.net Messageboard

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by King Dom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm on a bus home from work full of them and there's a boy in the seat infront who keeps saying he's being serious and he thinks they will win 9-0. I can't stop chuckling. Do I tell him?

Edit: the bus also stinks of pish funnily enough
    He sounds like a really sensible lad.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Perfect tactics by Hertz this evening. They successfully pressed a The Rangers team obsessed with trying to play passing football when they don't have the players capable of it against a decent side. Hertz got a bit of luck. Free kick for the second 3 yards from where it should have been and the third awful goalkeeping. Main danger is Walker who looks a class act.

We will need to be at our best but a McGinn, Fyvie, Bartley midfield will be up for the challenge.

All Hertz signings are 6ft plus. Sandy Clark etc will be
    delighted. I commented on here how bad the pitch was v The Rose. Even worse now.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Is It On.... View Post
    Brought shivers down my spine when said that.
    Agreed, but through gritted teeth he was right tonight and it's what Hearts did - in the sense they quickly shifted the ball out wide and high. The Rangers wanted time on the ball, played square and narrow, and when you've got Rob Kiernan and James Tavernier, Hearts are up against a 2 man defence - and I'm being generous including Clint Hill in that 2 man defence 😀

One thing Ross Laidlaw has to do is stay calm, hold the ball and take the sting out the game, and play long and wide. You simply cannot play football across your box the way The Rangers did.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Never seen any it, were Hearts gid, Rangers rank or a bit of both?

As much as I absolutely ****ing despise all and everyone Hearts, I really can't say I'll lose sleep over anyone skelping the Huns at this moment in time.

I've scrolled thorough my Facebook and the majority of Rangers 'supporters' (i.e. East Lothian based gloryhunters who have been to ibrox less times than me) I have on it bar the odd decent ones that go the games and arny total bammers are absolutely spewing and that's good enough for me

Best bit is that old fannyhat will get all the time in the world cause they simply can't afford to sack him and he'll no walk cause it'll ruin whatever's left of his reputation for getting a decent job back down south.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Let's face it. Great result for Hearts tonight.

Lets hope it lulls them into a false sense of security.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Emerald View Post
    I agree, they tore Sevco to shreds and you can't just blame The Rangers for that, you need to (through gritted teeth) give Hearts credit for that display. We would quite rightly be raving about it if was Hibs who'd done that.

Credit where it's due.
    credit?

How utterly deluded you are saying that. Think you need your head examined with statements like that pal. they won the game yes but did you watch the display from the hun defence, they were as bad as i've seen in the spl. Comical goalkeeping errors, woeful lapses in concentration, every goal was gifted. If anyone really thinks this Hearts team is any sort of threat think again.

Group of mercenaries who have got a lucky result. The guy in the centre, number 88 was terrible, their defence had nothing to do, hamilton awful (how does he get called up to scotlnd squads?), the two donkeys up front ineffective. Not worried at all going into the derby and can see us bringing them right back down to earth with a pumping.

Couldnt give a flying **** about them.

**** hertz

Quote Originally Posted by broondog View Post
    credit?

How utterly deluded you are saying that. Think you need your head examined with statements like that pal. they won the game yes but did you watch the display from the hun defence, they were as bad as i've seen in the spl. Comical goalkeeping errors, woeful lapses in concentration, every goal was gifted. If anyone really thinks this Hearts team is any sort of threat think again.

Group of mercenaries who have got a lucky result. The guy in the centre, number 88 was terrible, their defence had nothing to do, hamilton awful (how does he get called up to scotlnd squads?), the two donkeys up front ineffective. Not worried at all going into the derby and can see us bringing them right back down to earth with a pumping.
    Deluded?

I thought they were rank against Raith and we're lucky to go through, they were honking against Celtic and were lucky not to get a real tanking.

As much as I hate them and like you want to give them a pumping at Tynie, I think you would have to be deluded not to admit they played well tonight.

It also wasn't just down to Sevco being pish, which they were.

That will hopefully be all the credit I give them this season.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    They were very good tonight. No getting around it.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

The irony being Warburton babbles on about his team needing time to gel together yet just got pumped of a team that just signed 6 new players within a couple of days.
    Last edited by pacoluna; 02-02-2017 at 08:49 AM.

It really is astonishing this The Rangers team are second in the league, they are absolutely woeful. Hearts are complete guff as well, top to bottom (Excluding us, sorry if I sound arrogant but its true) the league is a joke filled with dreadful teams.

Really good opportunity for Hibs to come back up to the big league and cement second place for themselves, no one else seems capable of it. And with a manager like Lennon there really isn't any reason it shouldn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by A Hi-Bee View Post
    Sorry but Hertz and Credit should never be mentioned in the same statement.
    unless you mention non-credit,discredit, owe someone or try using a credit card. all of those apply. these gorgie types will assume that they will slaughter us, as we are a wee team fae a wee league , although they will try to race out of the box, and get their obligatory penalty as soon as possible. we do need to guard against that, and whoever is their ref on the day

@hibs.net private member Scooter's Avatar
    I've seen a jambo comment if they play like that they will put 7 past us

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelTheCelt View Post
    It really is astonishing this The Rangers team are second in the league, they are absolutely woeful. Hearts are complete guff as well, top to bottom (Excluding us, sorry if I sound arrogant but its true) the league is a joke filled with dreadful teams.

Really good opportunity for Hibs to come back up to the big league and cement second place for themselves, no one else seems capable of it. And with a manager like Lennon there really isn't any reason it shouldn't happen.
    was hoping that the Dons got something tonight (huvnae seen the results) if only to see them going ahead of der Hun. I was in against a rock and a hard place, in regards to the result at the wongadome though. your team have won it in a "skoosh" and your bitter rivals (or their new club) are so poor and cant even beat a diddy second tier club in a cup final

Left by mutual consent!
    Play as we did against Dundee Utd, we'll gub 'Charity Thieves FC. They need a hand to get back to where they were before they started their 'Finance Football'scam - the 70's !

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    They were very good tonight. No getting around it.
    They played first 15 each half with high tempo - they capitalised well and got two goals each period. Have to say Walker still had a bit to do and his strike was a beauty. A game very reminiscent of our 4-0 against them where everything came off. Hearts played very well, no debate. I like to analyse periods in the game and look at weaknesses from a Hibs point of view. First half, after weathering it, The Rangers had possession, used switched balls to Waghorn a lot, and it paid off. Realistically they could have gone in 2-1 up bar a fine save from Hamilton - right on half time.

Secind half Hearts were as good as The Rangers were bad.

Hearts strengths definitely Walker, I like Johnsen a lot, and Goncalves will win niggly free kicks in dangerous areas.

Weaknesses are Hamilton, Hughes, Sowah, and Kitchen.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    They played first 15 each half with high tempo - they capitalised well and got two goals each period. Have to say Walker still had a bit to do and his strike was a beauty. A game very reminiscent of our 4-0 against them where everything came off. Hearts played very well, no debate. I like to analyse periods in the game and look at weaknesses from a Hibs point of view. First half, after weathering it, The Rangers had possession, used switched balls to Waghorn a lot, and it paid off. Realistically they could have gone in 2-1 up bar a fine save from Hamilton - right on half time.

Hearts strengths definitely Walker, I like Johnsen a lot, and Goncalves will win niggly free kicks in dangerous areas.

hope we call up some of the hibs ladies midfielders, they will be at home getting right into that kitchen. ***chuckle***

@hibs.net private member CyberSauzee's Avatar

Thanks for the objective report as I didn't see anything of it.

Walker is an obvious threat; always looks like getting a shot away given half a yard. Was it hoofball up with him looking for knockdowns? Any attempt to go along the deck through midlfield or up the wings?

And was the pitch more threadbare than against the Rose? I'm going to see a 'pub' league game on Saturday where the pitch is better kept than many in the top 2 divisions in Scotland.

Left by mutual consent!
    Bet Cathro can't wait until he wakes up tomorrow-morning - no doubt on 'Jambo throw-backs', he's went from being a 'waste of space' to a mixture of Mourhino, Ferguson and Shankley - OVERNIGHT !

Enjoy your '10 days in the sun', Ian, coz on the twelfth-day it WILL end - we are NOT the Hun, as you'll quickly discover, we ARE a football-club who's been cheated for 30+ years and we are resolved to see the natural order returned.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberSauzee View Post
    Thanks for the objective report as I didn't see anything of it.

Walker is an obvious threat; always looks like getting a shot away given half a yard. Was it hoofball up with him looking for knockdowns? Any attempt to go along the deck through midlfield or up the wings?

And was the pitch more threadbare than against the Rose? I'm going to see a 'pub' league game on Saturday where the pitch is better kept than many in the top 2 divisions in Scotland.
    Pitch is in awful condition but can't be used as an excuse as Hearts played good football on it.

Hearts did what other sides do at home to The Rangers - press their keeper and full backs. Warburton has quite literally no other tactic but to play possession football, from the back, and narrow to wide. You can do that if you have Puyol at centre half and Coutinho to take and go - but when you've Kiernan (Gumtree), Hill (EBay), Wallace (Evening News Classifieds) and Tavernier (Poundland) then you'll win possession back quickly, in dangerous areas, and be on the front foot.

Thats why I'm saying young Ross Laidlaw will be a key player. I like him, he's composed and calm and rarely erratic. Each time he collects, he should use game intelligence and hold it, play long from hand and wide. Get the ball high up the pitch and allow us to press high - exactly what Hearts did. Our defenders need to concentrate on defending and not playing football around our own box.

Warburton must have the worst record against 'top teams' than any The Rangers manager I know - he needs to quickly learn you win games on goals scored, not how long you keep the ball. To be 'out coached' by Cathro is embarrassing

To be honest, I'm actually relieved that I didn't get a ticket now.

If anyone wants to see us get thrashed by the 2008-12 Spain side managed by Pep Shankley Mourinho then more the fool them.

@hibs.net private member CyberSauzee's Avatar
    Pitch is in awful condition but can't be used as an excuse as Hearts played good football on it.

Hearts did what other sides do at home to The Rangers - press their keeper and full backs. Warburton has quite literally no other tactic but to play possession football, from the back, and narrow to wide. You can do that if you have Puyol at centre half and Coutinho to take and go - but when you've Kiernan (Gumtree), Hill (EBay), Wallace (Evening News Classifieds) and Tavernier (Poundland) then you'll win possession back quickly, in dangerous areas, and be on the front foot.

Thats why I'm saying young Ross Laidlaw will be a key player. I like him, he's composed and calm and rarely erratic. Each time he collects, he should use game intelligence and hold it, play long from hand and wide. Get the ball high up the pitch and allow us to press high - exactly what Hearts did. Our defenders need to concentrate on defending and not playing football around our own box.

Warburton must have the worst record against 'top teams' than any The Rangers manager I know - he needs to quickly learn you win games on goals scored, not how long you keep the ball. To be 'out coached' by Cathro is embarrassing
    Thank you TH

I agree with you on Laidlaw. Last saw him on Xmas Eve and one thing that struck me was his willingness to distribute by overhand. A sure sign of a confident keeper, especially when his throws found teammates near the half way line. Very impressed with him, definitely one to nurture. Will be NLs first choice next season then who knows? Scotland's #1?

As you say, only difficulty seems to be the basketball high press for first 15 minutes each half. If Laidlaw can control that along with centre backs then I'll take the draw and a midweek flight from London.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Emerald View Post
    Deluded?

I thought they were rank against Raith and we're lucky to go through, they were honking against Celtic and were lucky not to get a real tanking.

As much as I hate them and like you want to give them a pumping at Tynie, I think you would have to be deluded not to admit they played well tonight.

It also wasn't just down to Sevco being pish, which they were.

That will hopefully be all the credit I give them this season.

sickening that you and others want to give those c**** any credit. thought they were poor,rangers much worse. I am deluded for not admitting they played well. You need to understand they were just lucky and thats the only reason they won

All these new signings and not a blush on the hearts fans faces when you mention the creditors they stuffed !

Ok, maybe you can beat a bit of Hun TV, but only with NewHun media's ... http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/topi...o-f-warburton/

Warbs.

Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    What was the free kick for their 3rd goal?

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelTheCelt View Post

Woop de woop, second that's big of you. Surely every team should set out to win the league, or else what's the point ?

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    Ok, maybe you can beat a bit of Hun TV, but only with NewHun media's ... http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/topi...o-f-warburton/

Warbs.

Delusional comedy gold. One Hun saying I'd take Di Matteo. And pay him with what?