hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by superhibi1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    hardly toffs, im away that weekend but would happily have bought the hospitality tickets and im certainly no toff!!
    Totally agree, I've spent half our food budget for the month buying them.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlad View Post
    I agree it is poor.

As a STH and a shareholder who hasn't missed a derby since 1994 and a regular away attendee (missed only Rangers away x 2 last season on personal dislike of that club/stadium, and only Turriff this season (late change of date)) I would have been disgusted had I missed out on this one due to a section of tickets from the usual Away Alloction being held back to be flogged as part of some "package" for those willing to pay more that can't be netting the club more than £2-3K profit when all is said and done.

We live in a commercial world but there are times when a business has to consider the wider picture, fans (customers) feeling they are being treated fairly, rather than just chasing the bottom line, particularly when the returns are so low.

As it was I was able to get a ticket but only because of my retired OAP dad being available to queue for 9 hours - ridiculous in this day and age but that argument's being had elsewhere.

Is this "away hospitality" a new thing? I know its traditional to have these packages for Hampden etc, and although that sticks in a the throat a bit that people can buy a package and automatically get better seats, at least on these occasions its unlikely that any regular Hibs fans will miss out. But an away derby (and above all this particular away derby) is totally different. The game is obviously going to be an immediate sell-out, and yet the club has chosen to act against the interests of its regular away supporters by limiting the number of tickets on "proper" public sale. Opening the hospitality package to a STH AND their +1 (who may not be a STH) willing to pay more just rubs salt in the wounds.

Don't recall too many away hospitality packages for "meal, drink, travel and ticket" to Cowdenbeath, Alloa and Ayr, over the past few years.

FAO Supporter's Rep candidates - esp Amit, Tracey, Charlene as I know you are on here and espouse the vitues of electronic communication and to me this is the sort of issue that really SHOULD be communicated with the fans

Here is a chance to maybe pickup some votes (from me anyway)! Can you possibly address the following points please as best as possible?

- (To All)Do you think these Away Hospitality packages are really in the best interests of the regular away fans whose chances of getting a ticket for a key game could be reduced further?
    - (To Amit/Frank) Did HFC consult with you as Supporters Reps on the issue - bearing in mind the certainty it would further reduce ticket availability for its supporters through "normal" channels?
    - (To All) If you are succesful in getting elected to the Board would Away Hospitality be a commercial approach you would endorse being re-implemented in future should similar away sell outs (for Hearts or anywhere) occur or would you canvas further fan opinion around this and represent these views to the board?

Kind Regards
    There was Hospitality at Cowdenbeath recently, £60 got you a ticket and a curry across the road at the local indian restaurant who may if my memory serves me correctly, have been a sponsor of the club.

Alloa do it too every game too.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by oneone73 View Post
    Technically they haven't, though, since it's a cup game.
    Stop moaning.

If it was a home draw at ER, I'd get the chance to buy my seat...They don't.

Must be something to do with Tiny being eh...Tiny.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by spikeymike View Post
    Disgraceful from Hibs. Loyal home and away fans missing out on tickets for the game and the club basically exploiting the desperation of some fans for a ticket. Also a non season ticket holder can now get a ticket through this as its 2 tickets per ref no!!
    As a loyal home and away fan, I'm delighted this option was there as otherwise I was losing out. We need to reinstate the loyalty points system and use it for these types of games only.

Happy Hanlon is very happy!

Missed out on a ticket due to mad scramble so have jumped on the Hospitality.

FWIW, I ain't a "Toff" either - more a supporter that goes to all the home games and 75% of away games.

Left by mutual consent!
    Ticket £28 + 2 beers £38 + breakfast around £45. Then a taxi to the ground say £5... an extra £20-£30 to see the hibs rub the scottish cup into some yam faces? Gees it.

Would probably have spent that in the Roseburn/murrayfield beforehand anyway.