hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mim View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    NO

In addition to the HSL fiasco, this is the flawed logic that contributed to the loyalty scheme being abandoned.

Awarding points retrospectively would make the scheme worse, not better.

If, at 70, with hundreds of points, I get preference then clearly when tickets are scarce I will get a ticket and even more points and someone starting out to support Hibs would not only fail to get a ticket, but would fall further behind.

There has to be a starting point (as when the original scheme was set up), so perhaps those that have season tickets this season should get some recognition if they renew next season?? How would walk ups be recognised, tho??

Any loyalty system will only work if it's kept simple and the empty vessels who pick fault are ignored.
    It was a mistake to abandon the scheme, which would already have settled down and been accepted by the vast majority of the support.
    Sure a simple NO would have got your own opinion across, still say you should be rewarded for following the Hibs no matter how or when there has to be a simple way, sure all the guru's and experts could work this one out.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkinho View Post
    Or just be big enough to blame yourself for not being quick enough and make sure you don't make the same mistakes again?

Anyone who was prepared, got a ticket. If you were too late you were unprepared.

To prepare: To make ready beforehand for a specific purpose.
    What a load of self righteous look at me bollox. Some people were lucky enough to get tickets while others were not. That's life but some of the responses on here beggar belief, like kids saying I got one you never na na na na
    Last edited by Scouse Hibee; 01-02-2017 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    You're issue is with your mobile phone operator. Its got nothing to do with Hibs.
    Well yes it is. Does it not Depend on who they choose to allocate tickets on their behalf?

@hibs.net private member Argylehibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Foritza View Post
    Well yes it is. Does it not Depend on who they choose to allocate tickets on their behalf?
    Perhaps the other viable options were more expensive than the current provider?

Loyalty Points should be based on money spent on the footballing side of Hibs. Keep it simple. You buy a ST you get x points, you buy a family ST you get x points, you buy a junior ST etc, you buy hospitality for a game X points, you sponsor a game X points. I don't see why its difficult.

Loyalty Points should be based on money spent on the footballing side of Hibs. Keep it simple. You buy a ST you get x points, you buy a family ST you get x points, you buy a junior ST etc, you buy hospitality for a game X points, you sponsor a game X points. I don't see why its difficult.
    So you get less points for a concession season ticket? Don't think that's fair.

@hibs.net private member
    Keep reading about how many folk tried to buy tickets by phone never got through but was charged rather a lot of money. Yet not one person has said they got tickets ( that I've read anyway) over the phone.

If I was to send an e-mail to Hibs asking how many tickets were sold under freedom of information act, would they be obliged to answer me???

GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by HibeeDaz6270 View Post
    I will be emailing / calling hibs in regards to this as i do not believe ANY ONE was answered via the phone.
    It is an absolute disgrace.

I'd also recommend writing to your MP - this (having to pay without getting a service) is the kind of thing they actually do sometimes shut down and regulate properly. No really - it does happen and I've not hit the booze first thing ;)

I do think it's worth contacting Hibs although I'm fairly certain their hands will be well and truly tied.

First off I reckon the cost of running your own service - ticket systems, printing, phone number with queueing system, folk to answer it and online service - will likely be pretty high.

Second - Ticketmaster are utter ******ers and have probably got the club on some kind of deal similar to at internet contract where you can't leave without paying off the remaining years and a "disconnection" charge.

To give you a little more insight into what a bunch of money grabbing ****bags they are a mate booked tickets with them for two different gigs done on two separate calls. Both were obviously ticket price + booking fee + postage charge + phone bill.

You'd think at that point that having fleeced you for calling them, adding a booking fee, marking up a cost of a few pence for postage to an eye watering £2.50 that they'd finally sit back content with gouging the most they could out the situation.

Wrong. Turns out that when you book two sets of tickets for different events separately their ticket system is clever enough to ensure both sets of tickets get into the same envelope even though you get stung for two sets of postage just to eek a few more pennies out.

Unpleasant company.

Obsessed with the Hibees son of haggart's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by southern hibby View Post
    Keep reading about how many folk tried to buy tickets by phone never got through but was charged rather a lot of money. Yet not one person has said they got tickets ( that I've read anyway) over the phone.

If I was to send an e-mail to Hibs asking how many tickets were sold under freedom of information act, would they be obliged to answer me???

GGTTH

Don't think they would - FOI only applies to public bodies, not companies

Quote Originally Posted by southern hibby View Post

GGTTH
    You won't hear of many as only one person answers the phone, and the tickets were sold out within 20 minutes, therefore there would only be time for one or two to get through via this channel.

Quote Originally Posted by samcrowe View Post
    So you get less points for a concession season ticket? Don't think that's fair.
    Why is it not fair? Those contributing more to the club surely deserve more points? Otherwise you have 100s of kids in the Famous Five with full loyalty points?

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    It's fairly straight forward. Based on the first letter of your surname. All that is required is that you have a current season/half season ticket.

A to G.....First Dibs
    H to N... .Second Dibs
    O to U.....Third Dibs
    V to Z. ....Fourth Dibs

It's simple when you know how.
    Aye, it's cheaper to legally change your surname than it is to sit on the phone to Ticketmaster too!

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    You won't hear of many as only one person answers the phone, and the tickets were sold out within 20 minutes, therefore there would only be time for one or two to get through via this channel.
    I thought the big phone charge was for calling Ticketmaster? Our TO is just a standard landline.

I thought the big phone charge was for calling Ticketmaster? Our TO is just a standard landline.
    It is a Ticketmaster system, which when you call takes you through to the TO.

Are you sure abut that? Why would Hibs advertise a premium rate number that's routed to the ticket office on a 0131 number.

I was always under the impression that number takes you to tickemasters call centre.

Ive used the phone in the past and it was a Ticketmaster call centre. If you want to phone the TO surely you;d just use the landline....especially if you are using a mobile phone. Everyone must know that any 08 number from a mobile can cost a fortune.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Why is it not fair? Those contributing more to the club surely deserve more points? Otherwise you have 100s of kids in the Famous Five with full loyalty points?
    Only if they go to away games

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Are you sure abut that? Why would Hibs advertise a premium rate number that's routed to the ticket office on a 0131 number.

I was always under the impression that number takes you to tickemasters call centre.
    Anytime I have called the number it has taken me through to the TO, I've never bought tickets using it though, it has always been because I had no reply to emails. Anytime I have called on busy days, I have never got through which led me to believe ticket sales were also dealt with by the TO.

Anytime I have called the number it has taken me through to the TO, I've never bought tickets using it though, it has always been because I had no reply to emails. Anytime I have called on busy days, I have never got through which led me to believe ticket sales were also dealt with by the TO.
    If it's the ticket office that takes the calls I don't understand why they would not just advertise the local number instead of a premium rate line.

Hang on... So you never called the TICKETMASTER TICKET SALES number that was advertised for this game? But you are assuming it takes you through to the TO...

If you are calling to chase up an email request you surely aren't calling the Ticketmaster 08 number? Are you not calling Hibs for that?

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    If it's the ticket office that takes the calls I don't understand why they would not just advertise the local number instead of a premium rate line.
    You can direct your call to the TO if you choose Option 2. But you'd have had no chance getting an answer to that if there was 300 people waiting for tickets at the windows. If you choose Option 1 you go to the Ticketmaster call centre staff.

If anyone wants to call Hibs TO id suggest always using the landline number.

Hang on... So you never called the TICKETMASTER TICKET SALES number that was advertised for this game? But you are assuming it takes you through to the TO...

If you are calling to chase up an email request you surely aren't calling the Ticketmaster 08 number? Are you not calling Hibs for that?
    Before I knew the TO number (0131) existed, the only number advertised is the 0844 number. It gives you two options, one for Ticket sales, and the other for Ticket queries. This option took me to a girl in the TO.

So "YES I DID CALL THE TICKETMASTER TICKET SALES NUMBER THAT WAS ADVERTISED FOR THIS GAME".

TICKET OFFICE
    Nicola Laing, Ticket Office Manager
    Claire Parker, Ticket Office Assistant Manager
    Tracy Hepburn, Ticket Office Assistant
    Email: tickets@hibernianfc.co.uk Tel: 0844 844 1875
    So as above, I sent the email, got no reply and phoned the telephone number. Not difficult to understand really.

Luckily enough now I have an email address that the Ticket Office actually uses, and a phone number that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    If loyalty points are brought back and assuming we get promoted then it should be simplified and go something like this

Purchase a season ticket and get 20 points, plus 1 point for every home cup match if any.

Walk up every week and get 1 point per home match assuming you buy in advance, either online or at office before the game with no retrospective adding of points

Assuming we are promoted then away matches at M/well, Hamilton, and the 3 glasgow clubs should be awarded 2 points for going as these are not a great distance away.

Derbies are a special case as well are only likely to get 1300 tickets so the sales for these would have to be staggered, again only 2 points for going though as its local.

Dundee, perth saints, killy, Aberdeen, ICT and R county should be awarded 3 points for attending these as these are greater distances with more effort required to get there so the points reward is greater.

* I would also add in an extra point or two for attending an away game live on tv.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    If loyalty points are brought back and assuming we get promoted then it should be simplified and go something like this

Purchase a season ticket and get 20 points, plus 1 point for every home cup match if any.

Walk up every week and get 1 point per home match assuming you buy in advance, either online or at office before the game with no retrospective adding of points

Assuming we are promoted then away matches at M/well, Hamilton, and the 3 glasgow clubs should be awarded 2 points for going as these are not a great distance away.

Derbies are a special case as well are only likely to get 1300 tickets so the sales for these would have to be staggered, again only 2 points for going though as its local.

Dundee, perth saints, killy, Aberdeen, ICT and R county should be awarded 3 points for attending these as these are greater distances with more effort required to get there so the points reward is greater.

* I would also add in an extra point or two for attending an away game live on tv.
    So simple isn't it? Barely even requires any thought, no HSL, no club shop/food stalls, just plain attending matches gains you points.

Only at Hibs could this fail.

So simple isn't it? Barely even requires any thought, no HSL, no club shop/food stalls, just plain attending matches gains you points.

Only at Hibs could this fail.

No, none of that pish.

Yes, points for attending games only. The way it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post

An away game shouldnt get more points than a home game. Away games don't fund Hibs. Under this scheme you could go to 7 away games and you'd have more points than a ST holder?

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    An away game shouldnt get more points than a home game. Away games don't fund Hibs. Under this scheme you could go to 7 away games and you'd have more points than a ST holder?
    I agree

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs331875 View Post
    Blame the jokers who get their uncles pals client ref and end up with a ticket even though they've not been to a game all season.
    Who are these people, do you know anyone who's done this and not been to a game all season?

@hibs.net private member
    Correct, ive said it somewhere else. We need to encourage people to attend ER, not away grounds. Total madness.

Not if you don't have the required points to begin with to qualify for a ticket though.

Again it's up to the individuals to gain points by attending games. ST holders could hardly complain if they didn't have enough points for say the derby if they've not bothered to attend any away games all season. Those that attend on a regular basis are getting rewarded, bearing in mind, not all away games will be all ticket unless of course Hibs insisted on it.