hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JDHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh look, another thread slating the club...

Same thing been posted on facebook aswell..

Yawn
    If fans want to slate the poor ticket office / club shop / match day catering they are well within their rights to do so.
    We shouldn't be asked to swallow stuff just cos it's the club.

Hopefully someone will take notice.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Who's bright idea was it to scrap the loyalty scheme?
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by staunchhibby View Post
    To save big phone bills for fellow hibees here is ticket office number 0131 661 1875
    That wasn't being answered.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by samcrowe View Post
    Still not the clubs fault.
    The club are the ones asking supporters to get tickets via that number.

The Loyalty scheme worked perfectly, everyone knew exactly where they stood. Have never seen the reason why it was disbanded, looks like a couple of supporters clubs got together and bent the ear of Leann. Hate to think what a cup final allocation will be like.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    The club are the ones asking supporters to get tickets via that number.
    Of course they are. It's Ticketmaster's number. I do however think that callers should be made aware of the charges then it's up to them. It's not just Hibs that use Ticketmaster.

A fan phoning a 0844 BY CHOICE then blaming the club for any additions to their phone bill has a screw loose.

4 ways to buy tickets today -

Wait outside the stadium.
    go online.
    phone the 0844 number.
    phone the 0131 number.

3 of them dont add money to your phone bill. 1 does. Why is that the clubs fault?

"nobody was answering the 0131 number"

Good point, but nobody was answering the 0844 number either, so someone phoning the 0131 number the same amount of times as the 0844 number would get nothing added to their bill.

You cannot blame the club for your poor decision making when other options were available.

Due to the fact I've had an absolute nightmare in the past with the online ticket system I didn't trust it for a minute. It has always crashed, kicked me out repeatedly and not allowed me to allocate tickets in my basket to ST holders etc, so today I decided to try phoning. I couldn't make it down to the ticket office when they announced it'd be a 12pm start. I phoned about 30-40 times (pretty much non-stop) between 12 and 12:30 and didn't get through once. After going through the menu and listening to their annoying wee speel I got the message that their agents were all busy and then I was disconnected. The only saving grace is I was on the work phone so won't have to pay it

A fan phoning a 0844 BY CHOICE then blaming the club for any additions to their phone bill has a screw loose.

4 ways to buy tickets today -

Wait outside the stadium.
    go online.
    phone the 0844 number.
    phone the 0131 number.

3 of them dont add money to your phone bill. 1 does. Why is that the clubs fault?

"nobody was answering the 0131 number"

Good point, but nobody was answering the 0844 number either, so someone phoning the 0131 number the same amount of times as the 0844 number would get nothing added to their bill.

You cannot blame the club for your poor decision making when other options were available.
    If you phone a premium number you expect an answer and to get what you're phoning for.

Logic no?

So when I was phoning the premium number which I knew I'd have to pay for (nothing like as much as it was but that's irrelevant) I thought there'd be more of a chance I'd get through.

We don't all live a hop, skip and jump from the stadium either so it's not always easy.

Oh look, another thread slating the club...

Same thing been posted on facebook aswell..

Yawn

Its a shame you can't censor him like you do to people on your Facebook group.

If you phone a premium number you expect an answer and to get what you're phoning for.

Logic no?

So when I was phoning the premium number which I knew I'd have to pay for (nothing like as much as it was but that's irrelevant) I thought there'd be more of a chance I'd get through.

We don't all live a hop, skip and jump from the stadium either so it's not always easy.
    No if you phone a premium number you expect the call to be dragged on for as long as possible at the other end I'm afraid.

No one should be in the position of having spent 20/30/40/50 quid just for the "privilege" of being told we're busy call back.

Being disconnected, to call back and pay a new connection fee, is out of order.

By the way, how much was the booking fee (online /phone) for those that managed to secure a ticket ?

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    Its a shame you can't censor him like you do to people on your Facebook group.
    The guys posts were approved on the facebook group. So where was he censored?

Also, it isnt my group.

Quote Originally Posted by Kavinho View Post
    No one should be in the position of having spent 20/30/40/50 quid just for the "privilege" of being told we're busy call back.

By the way, how much was the booking fee (online /phone) for those that managed to secure a ticket ?
    I think the booking fees were scrapped a couple of years ago. I certainly have paid any in recent times.

First Team Regular Salt N Sauzee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavinho View Post

Zero for me. Booked online.

Logic no?

Logic? Not quite.

If i phone a premium number i know its going to be dragged out, why? Because thats the reason its a premium number and not a normal number, to make money.

Thats logical.

Hundreds, if not thousands, of people were trying to call the same number trying to get through for a very limited (around 1400-1600 tickets), do you expect Hibs/eticketing to have 1000 call agents ready to accept calls? Very realistic. Oh and how would the company pay for these agents? Magical money? Oh no, thats what the premium number is for.

See how it all relates?

As for your last point, im guessing you have the internet, since well, you are on it at present, distance from the stadium doesnt matter online. If it makes you feel better i live no where near the stadium either, but can sit back and logically look at things and not just sit and moan for no apparent reason.

@hibs.net private member Radium's Avatar
    I don't think that it is unreasonable to question the partners Hibs chose and by extension, how those partners treat fans.

If there is nobody to take the call don't connect it. Happened to me today so should be possible.

If, as we have here, a club partner puts in place a system that rips unreasonable amounts of money out of fans, it needs to be highlighted. Saw mention today that someone has a bill of nearly £60 for calls. On one hand fans need to take a bit of responsibility and check things out. The other side is that Hibs should not have a partner who operates in a way that means a season ticket holder pays £60 and still failed to get a ticket.

This is absolutely the type of issue that fans reps should be taking forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Logic? Not quite.

If i phone a premium number i know its going to be dragged out, why? Because thats the reason its a premium number and not a normal number, to make money.

Thats logical.

Hundreds, if not thousands, of people were trying to call the same number trying to get through for a very limited (around 1400-1600 tickets), do you expect Hibs/eticketing to have 1000 call agents ready to accept calls? Very realistic. Oh and how would the company pay for these agents? Magical money? Oh no, thats what the premium number is for.

See how it all relates?

As for your last point, im guessing you have the internet, since well, you are on it at present, distance from the stadium doesnt matter online. If it makes you feel better i live no where near the stadium either, but can sit back and logically look at things and not just sit and moan for no apparent reason.
    I think a large phone bill is not no apparent reason for moaning. Why do you give a flying one anyway?

I do appreciate after it was pointed out earlier in the thread that it's not Hibs' fault and I am not having a go at the club directly, more at the service it uses and expects supporters to buy tickets through.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    No if you phone a premium number you expect the call to be dragged on for as long as possible at the other end I'm afraid.
    Must be the naivety of youth I suppose.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blame the jokers who get their uncles pals client ref and end up with a ticket even though they've not been to a game all season.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs331875 View Post
    Blame the jokers who get their uncles pals client ref and end up with a ticket even though they've not been to a game all season.
    Or just be big enough to blame yourself for not being quick enough and make sure you don't make the same mistakes again?

Anyone who was prepared, got a ticket. If you were too late you were unprepared.

To prepare: To make ready beforehand for a specific purpose.

The club should just get rid of in person and telephone sales for games like this where a sellout is all but certain. It should be entirely online-only for a period of time. Say a week. If there are still tickets left after that, then the club could sell them via other channel.

Having just one channel and picking the most accessible one is both the fairest and easiest for everyone.

If there are genuinely people out there who can't use a computer and can't find anyone else to help, the club could partner with a charity which teaches computer skills to the elderly. Or a library with computers, etc...

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkinho View Post
    Or just be big enough to blame yourself for not being quick enough and make sure you don't make the same mistakes again?

Anyone who was prepared, got a ticket. If you were too late you were unprepared.

Hahaha I got my ticket ya sausage

That's just plain silly. I was prepared, sat waiting to log in only to have a message appear on my screen after 30 minutes or so saying that it was sold out. It was really the luck of the draw and on this occasion I was unlucky but prepared. Prepared for disappointment too. Still think I'll get one nearer the date

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs331875 View Post
    Is that what happened?

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    I was PREPARED and still never got a ticket.

There weren't enough tickets to go round, no need for posts like this that only serve to antagonise people who missed out through no fault of their own.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Any need?

I was lucky enough to get a ticket but I can't see any appeal in this glee that some seem to be taking in others failing to do so.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Left by mutual consent! Col_0762's Avatar

Not true. I had 9 in my basket at 11:57 when the tickets went live online. Due to it not accepting any 'reassign' it eventually pulled back an error and kicked me out. 40 mins later I got back in and they were sold out. Luckily I got the hospitality but I was "prepared" as you put it. The system clearly still hasn't been fixed of the same glitches that go back years.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Is that what happened?
    Ofcourse it happens, I've mentioned it before, if someone got hold of my sticket they could purchase a ticket without identification.