hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Stokes would be a brilliant signing. Why on earth would we need ambrose when we have the best three centre back in the division???

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mibbe aye, mibbe naw.
    Pelvic injury sounds like something that really needs addressed but i am no expert. Rather have him fighting fit for pre season etc. than keep him struggling on.

Like I need a reason, but...

dont care too much for ambrose but......

stokesy is on fire .... na na na na na

First Team Regular Salt N Sauzee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by samcrowe View Post
    Ambrose would be a good squad player for anyone bar Celtic in Scotland. I think he just looks bad for Celtic as they are too good for him.

As for Stokes would anyone sell Cummings to Blackburn for 1m + Stokes? I would.
    Absolutely not.

Quote Originally Posted by givescotlandfreedom View Post
    Ambrose is absolute murder. Forster is a lot more steady than him and can chip in with the odd goal too.
    You dont think Forster or even Fontaine would make mistakes playing in the Champions League? Ambrose has made a few high profile mistakes for sure but at a much higher level than practically any of our squad will ever reach.

Lets all take a moment to remember that Efe Ambrose was at the centre of defence for a Celtic team that beat Barcalona. He would be a good player for anyone outwith Celtic.

Dont want Stokes though.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Pelvic injury sounds like something that really needs addressed but i am no expert. Rather have him fighting fit for pre season etc. than keep him struggling on.
    The op would be carried out in Leicester by a surgeon called David Lloyd (no not the tennis buffoon)

I believe the procedure is named after him and can be found online, no time to look for it just now.

David Gray had it done a season or two ago and Danny Galbraith had it done as well.

A decision I think will be taken early this week on whether the op is required or not, probably before the transfer deadline!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    The op would be carried out in Leicester by a surgeon called David Lloyd (no not the tennis buffoon)

I believe the procedure is named after him and can be found online, no time to look for it just now.

David Gray had it done a season or two ago and Danny Galbraith had it done as well.

A decision I think will be taken early this week on whether the op is required or not, probably before the transfer deadline!!!!
    Cheers for that. what is the normal sort of recovery time?

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    You dont think Forster or even Fontaine would make mistakes playing in the Champions League? Ambrose has made a few high profile mistakes for sure but at a much higher level than practically any of our squad will ever reach.
    Yeah of course but my memories of him are him giving away howlers cheaply and not under pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by JDHibs View Post
    Lets all take a moment to remember that Efe Ambrose was at the centre of defence for a Celtic team that beat Barcalona. He would be a good player for anyone outwith Celtic.

Dont want Stokes though.
    Why on earth not?????

First Team Breakthrough
    I'd take both. Stokes for obvious reasons but could also play wide left. Ambrose has played at the highest level. Would like to think he could handle the championship.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Efe Ambrose, is this some kind of sick joke?
    Yep, been a bit of a bomb scare, gave my local celtc contingency some stick about him and they actually agreed. I'd carry Stokes back up myself.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Why are we going for another centre half??

Ok Hanlon is injured, we still have three very good ch's IMO.

Don't see how we can't go with Forster??

Stokes, yes please.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Cheers for that. what is the normal sort of recovery time?
    It can be as little as two weeks.

Surely we need Stokes to successfully defend the cup... But he's on the Blackburn bench every week now that he's fit again.

If Hanlon is crocked, then we might need another centre-half but Ambrose is right-sided and Fontaine & Forster are more than capable at this level.

Ambrose has played at right-back for Nigeria so he could offer cover for Gray. He could do some damage charging up the park!

Both guys will be on decent money and our 1.5k a week or whatever is not going to make much difference to Blackburn or Celtic.

Ambrose is brutal, hope he's nowhere near Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by 1875STEVE View Post
    Why are we going for another centre half??

Ok Hanlon is injured, we still have three very good ch's IMO.

Don't see how we can't go with Forster??

Stokes, yes please.
    Both Forster and Fontaine are prone to injuries. Definitely need another CH.

Forster has never shown he is good enough to be a regular for Hibs. His positional play and concentration can be poor.
    Very good in the air though and can chip in with a goal or two.
    I think if Hanlon is going in for an op then a replacement will be brought in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    I reckon I will be absolutely sick of watching that, in 114 years time.

Then again, probably not

Oh in Heaven I'll be singing

@hibs.net private member Fergus52's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zazu rafike
    Ambrose can make some defensive howlers but he's better at dribbling and playing the ball out from the back than any of our current centre backs, including Hanlon.

Can see why we're going for him if Hanlon's going to out for a while. Can cover for McGregor and Fontaine and would be useful if Lennon is planning on playing a back 3 again.

Stokes, please please please !

Stokes thinks he's too good for Hibs, I am not sure what his motivation would be, to head back a 3rd time.

Given what he done on 21st May, I'd always be happy to see him back, but I don't see it to be honest - just a rumour, he played with us before and doesn't play a lot now - So get's linked.

NL is a smart guy, I am sure he'll have an option in the case Commons doesn't happen.

I'll also trust his judgement on any reinforcements at the back. We're pretty solid as is, but he did say when you are strong, it's time to strengthen further.

I'll think we'll get 1 player in, none of the mentioned names (no knowledge)

@hibs.net private member Dan Sarf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post

Great video! When did this happen? Why has nobody mentioned it before?

Stokes on the bench every week so he still has a role at Blackburn and would only be loaned out to a club that would pay close to his full wages and only if Blackburn could get another striker in.

Ambrose is totally out of the picture and Celtic want rid of him big time. As others have said he has only really been found out at European level. Think he would dominate in this league and the Hibs fans would love him.

They tried a cortisone injection on Hanlon, obviously didn't take. Needs an op , could be out for some time. Lennon said he will try to bring in cover!

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    Stokes on the bench every week so he still has a role at Blackburn and would only be loaned out to a club that would pay close to his full wages and only if Blackburn could get another striker in.

Ambrose is totally out of the picture and Celtic want rid of him big time. As others have said he has only really been found out at European level. Think he would dominate in this league and the Hibs fans would love him.
    Ambrose would be an outstanding signing in this league. Or even in the SPL for that matter. Howlers against the best teams in the world are hardly worth us even considering since we don't play against them.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by mentalhibee View Post
    Both Forster and Fontaine are prone to injuries. Definitely need another CH.
    Pretty sure we could get by given we have a development squad to choose from as well. Don't forget we have big Holt and he could probably drop back and do a job there. Isn't that what big centre forwards did back in the day.

I personally don't think we need anyone at the moment, especially if it's only a loan. The exception being Stokesy of course, how I would love to see that man back at ER.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Sarf View Post
    Great video! When did this happen? Why has nobody mentioned it before?
    I think it was a pre-season friendly. It must have been because ive never heard much mention of it since it happened...

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    I still maintain to this day that the 'performance' I witnessed from Ambrose when we beat Celtic 1-0 under Fenton is the worst I have ever seen from a supposed professional footballer. I've a few mates who follow Celtic home and away every week and according to them he's a complete liability. No thabks.

But Stokes... Yes please.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller