hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member

Has anyone used Fixter ?

Hi folks, my Wifes car has been in the garage since January after she was involved in a crash and she is finally getting it back tomorrow, the car had been due its MOT and someone has recommended Fixter who collect your car, MOT it and return it to your door

Has anyone used them before ? Reviews look positive

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Alfiembra's Avatar
    Have to say I hadn’t heard of this service before reading this thread. I went onto trustpilot and started reading reviews as it sounds like something I would be interested in. Certainly lots of 5 star positive reviews but some rather disturbing 1star reviews also. It seems they hire freelance drivers to pick up and return your car who then take them to whichever garage the MOT is arranged with. One reported their car returned with fuel missing smelling of smoke radio messed with and after declining certain repairs their car was passed anyway. Another reported getting a ULEZ charge after their car was returned. I guess it depends on how much faith you put in reviews, to a lot of drivers just getting that extra year MOT without major expense is maybe worth it.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfiembra View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Have to say I hadn’t heard of this service before reading this thread. I went onto trustpilot and started reading reviews as it sounds like something I would be interested in. Certainly lots of 5 star positive reviews but some rather disturbing 1star reviews also. It seems they hire freelance drivers to pick up and return your car who then take them to whichever garage the MOT is arranged with. One reported their car returned with fuel missing smelling of smoke radio messed with and after declining certain repairs their car was passed anyway. Another reported getting a ULEZ charge after their car was returned. I guess it depends on how much faith you put in reviews, to a lot of drivers just getting that extra year MOT without major expense is maybe worth it.
    Cheers mate, yeah its one of those will we wont we scenarios, Wife has booked car in for collect on Tuesday so we will see how it goes 🤔