hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Carl Frampton

Carl Frampton

Just caught up with the Frampton pre-fight weigh in. Everywhere he goes a huge number of fans follow. It got me thinking, can we ever conceive a time in the future when we might have a Scottish boxer who takes a large travelling support wherever he goes?

I'm a huge boxing fan and have been lucky to attend a few huge fights, I'd love to be part of a huge travelling support though.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    I'd love to see it too, although Arthur and Burns had a decent enough home following something just didn't seem to click in the same way as a Hatton or Frampton, these guys transcend their sport, they come across as working class men of the people, not that the others weren't but they have that wee spark

Hopefully Taylor can do it, a bunch of bams from the Pans, Edinburgh and the rest of Scotland going on tour would be some experience

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd love to see it too, although Arthur and Burns had a decent enough home following something just didn't seem to click in the same way as a Hatton or Frampton, these guys transcend their sport, they come across as working class men of the people, not that the others weren't but they have that wee spark

Hopefully Taylor can do it, a bunch of bams from the Pans, Edinburgh and the rest of Scotland going on tour would be some experience
    ... On tour to Glasgow at some point hopefully to see Josh rip the WBA and IBF belts off Burns!