hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have stayed out of this particular point but now the genie is out the bottle....

It is both unrealistic and completely unprofessional to consider publishing the board meeting minutes or even an extract of them and to be honest smacks of someone trying too hard to gain votes without engaging their brain.
    I'm not sure why Charlene is getting so much heat on this. Here are the latest board minutes from Carlisle United a club she mentioned as an example, http://www.carlisleunited.co.uk/news...g-2816194.aspx

Communication between the club and the fans can be improved and I wouldn't mind seeing the board minutes as amended for public consumption. I don't expect to see latest transfer targets etc detailed.

2. Log in to remove the advert

The latter of this thread is full of hypocrites!

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pacoluna View Post
    The latter of this thread is full of hypocrites!
    Myself included?

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Myself included?
    No I agree with much of your post.

Both ladies impressed me the most after watching it on fb. Pat didn't come across well at all almost as if he never put much thought in to it. .

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Hi Charlene.

Something came up on another thread which I thought should be raised here.

There are those on this board who have little time for Hibs Retro. I don't know if that's replicated elsewhere.

However, they seem to have endorsed your own candidacy. That's their right, of course.

Do you have any thoughts on how they operate, or indeed their support?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    They may already do that, but how?

If elected, you will be faced with all of the concerns that I, and others, have raised. Those questions will be raised by your fellow Board members, who will almost certainly be resistant to your proposal. How would you deal with that resistance and, consequently, the concerns that have been raised?
    That's what I'm curious about. How will each candidate deal with decisions they don't agree with.

You can tell by some of the posts by Amit that I'm sure there is more he wants to say but can't as he doesn't want to sound like he's bad mouthing Hibs.

Is a candidate will to go against the grain or will they tow the party line to avoid any conflict / falling out / negative future reference.

Its all gone quiet from the candidates since the Hustings finished
    No doubt we will see s wee flurry again before voting starts

Quote Originally Posted by City of Green View Post
    That's what I'm curious about. How will each candidate deal with decisions they don't agree with.

You can tell by some of the posts by Amit that I'm sure there is more he wants to say but can't as he doesn't want to sound like he's bad mouthing Hibs.

Is a candidate will to go against the grain or will they tow the party line to avoid any conflict / falling out / negative future reference.
    In most Boards, once a decision has been taken, the Board takes collective responsibility.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    A lot of stuff I agree with here, serious well said from me one question that I think is important as I reflect on the previous two years.

Would you feel better placed to communicate both ways between fans and board on the issues you highlight if you were an elected fans representative but without a seat on the board?

Same question to any other candidates looking in
    Bump

Have viewed the hustings and mind is pretty much made up about who to vote for but wondered if any candidates on here except Tracey had a view?

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    That's an interesting point, as there was a lot of heat (rightly or wrongly) directed towards Frank and Amit over the treatment of Hibs fans at Ibrox and silence which followed it. How would you be sure that you could do better should such an issue occur again?
    Just bumping my own question for you Charlene - Or any other potential candidate - re the thorny issue of Ibrox and fan treatment.

First Team Breakthrough
    Just bumping my own question for you Charlene - Or any other potential candidate - re the thorny issue of Ibrox and fan treatment.
    As someone who has been hit with coins and had fluid thrown at them at Ibrox I think it's disgusting. How they get away with it is beyond me. Away fans are stuck in that corner like caged animals. That is my own personal opinion and just what I have witnessed as a supporter there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by traceyhibs View Post
    As someone who has been hit with coins and had fluid thrown at them at Ibrox I think it's disgusting. How they get away with it is beyond me. Away fans are stuck in that corner like caged animals. That is my own personal opinion and just what I have witnessed as a supporter there.

But it keeps happening as the Stewards and Police in effect turn a blind eye imo The next game there doesnt appeal to me given the recent hostile response from Rangers fans after the Cup Final Cant see the usual morons who choose to sit as near to us as they can changing thier behavior as they know they will get away with it
    Certainly an issue that needs raised again if Leeanns discussions with them dont result in action being taken if we ae subjected to this nonsense next time

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by C Feeney-Seale View Post
    In terms of what I bring to the role, I’m passionate about fan communication and have experience in my career and through volunteering in working across large numbers of stakeholders. I have a number of ideas I will commit to deliver which will improve two way communication, from providing minutes after board meetings to sharing my preparation ahead of meetings to allow fans to get a much wider appreciation of the discussions taking place. I'm also keen to reach out across as much of the fan base as I can, from making myself available on social media and in person to getting involved in online discussions like here.
    Providing minutes after board meetings sounds rather naive. You just lost my vote.

That's an interesting point, as there was a lot of heat (rightly or wrongly) directed towards Frank and Amit over the treatment of Hibs fans at Ibrox and silence which followed it. How would you be sure that you could do better should such an issue occur again?
    Quote Originally Posted by traceyhibs View Post

Thanks for the reply, but it didn't really answer my question (which to be fair was aimed at Charlene initially as she said communication was her thing, hence why I asked what she would do that Frank and Amit didn't following the Ibrox affair)

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Seveno View Post
    Providing minutes after board meetings sounds rather naive. You just lost my vote.
    she has proven that it happens at other clubs so not really naive

Quote Originally Posted by superhibi1 View Post
    she has proven that it happens at other clubs so not really naive
    She has said that it does. However, she has not said how, or said how she will deal with the undoubted resistance of the rest of the Board.

Hi Charlene.

Something came up on another thread which I thought should be raised here.

There are those on this board who have little time for Hibs Retro. I don't know if that's replicated elsewhere.

However, they seem to have endorsed your own candidacy. That's their right, of course.

Do you have any thoughts on how they operate, or indeed their support?

Thanks

Hi CropleyWasGod,

Well, obviously I was happy to see their support. I think an important part of the role will be trying to reach out to as many section of the support as possible – that was why I started the account here and have made other accounts online as well.

Cheers,

Charlene

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Bump

Have viewed the hustings and mind is pretty much made up about who to vote for but wondered if any candidates on here except Tracey had a view?
    Sorry to have missed this question earlier Bostonhibby,

I think you’re right that the position isn’t straightforward – even trying to have a sole ‘voice of the fans’ on any one issue will be a challenge, and clearly being a member of a board comes with obligations and responsibilities.

However, at the end of the day the two reps who are chosen will be accountable to the fans in two years’ time – if we (should I be successful) or they not be perceived as doing a good enough job of championing the fans causes then.

I’m making myself as available as I can to fans, in person like at the hustings and before today’s game, and online through as many channels as possible. Should I be chosen as one of the representatives, then I can be held to account through these same channels.
    In terms of how I’ll manage the inevitable conflicts, it’s difficult to give a specific answer as obviously it will depend on the circumstances. But, in general I’m clear that the role is to be a representative of the fans on the board – and it is on the first part that we are to be judged. So I’ll devote myself to making sure that fans views are heard, and that fans get feedback.

I’ve outlined a couple of specific actions I want to take should I be chosen – to publish minutes after board meetings and to share video/ social media debriefs, and especially the second will be a key way to keep fans up to date as to how I’m representing their views, and exactly what views those are.

Hi DaveF,

It’s a long-standing issue – my family and I have been spat at, had food thrown at us and of course the usual torrent of abuse. It’s clearly unacceptable, and it’s clearly worse than at other away games, so I think we definitely need to do something.

I understand that fan views were fed in to the board last year, and that there is a feeling that nothing has come from this yet. It’s hard to say what I’d do differently, not being privy to what exactly is or has been happening behind closed doors, but I think what will be key is that should nothing happen before the next game at Ibrox, we’ll need to ensure the issue is raised again. Given most fans have a smart phone at games, it shouldn’t be difficult to get some evidence as well which might make a second approach more effective.

Cheers,

Charlene

Quote Originally Posted by Seveno View Post
    She has said that it does. However, she has not said how, or said how she will deal with the undoubted resistance of the rest of the Board.

I don’t think the word naive is fair, as I already said and as Cropley mentions other clubs are already doing this.

Sure, any minutes aren’t going to be a blow by blow account of who said what, and there will be commercially sensitive issues which can’t be included. However, at present fans see nothing after these board meetings. When two members of the board are devoted to be fan representatives, this seems a little strange to me. I’ll definitely be pushing hard to address this.

Cheers,

Charlene

Hi CropleyWasGod,

Well, obviously I was happy to see their support. I think an important part of the role will be trying to reach out to as many section of the support as possible – that was why I started the account here and have made other accounts online as well.

Cheers,

Charlene

Sorry to have missed this question earlier Bostonhibby,

I think you’re right that the position isn’t straightforward – even trying to have a sole ‘voice of the fans’ on any one issue will be a challenge, and clearly being a member of a board comes with obligations and responsibilities.

However, at the end of the day the two reps who are chosen will be accountable to the fans in two years’ time – if we (should I be successful) or they not be perceived as doing a good enough job of championing the fans causes then.

I’m making myself as available as I can to fans, in person like at the hustings and before today’s game, and online through as many channels as possible. Should I be chosen as one of the representatives, then I can be held to account through these same channels.
    In terms of how I’ll manage the inevitable conflicts, it’s difficult to give a specific answer as obviously it will depend on the circumstances. But, in general I’m clear that the role is to be a representative of the fans on the board – and it is on the first part that we are to be judged. So I’ll devote myself to making sure that fans views are heard, and that fans get feedback.

I’ve outlined a couple of specific actions I want to take should I be chosen – to publish minutes after board meetings and to share video/ social media debriefs, and especially the second will be a key way to keep fans up to date as to how I’m representing their views, and exactly what views those are.

Hi DaveF,

It’s a long-standing issue – my family and I have been spat at, had food thrown at us and of course the usual torrent of abuse. It’s clearly unacceptable, and it’s clearly worse than at other away games, so I think we definitely need to do something.

I understand that fan views were fed in to the board last year, and that there is a feeling that nothing has come from this yet. It’s hard to say what I’d do differently, not being privy to what exactly is or has been happening behind closed doors, but I think what will be key is that should nothing happen before the next game at Ibrox, we’ll need to ensure the issue is raised again. Given most fans have a smart phone at games, it shouldn’t be difficult to get some evidence as well which might make a second approach more effective.

Cheers,

Charlene

I don’t think the word naive is fair, as I already said and as Cropley mentions other clubs are already doing this.

Sure, any minutes aren’t going to be a blow by blow account of who said what, and there will be commercially sensitive issues which can’t be included. However, at present fans see nothing after these board meetings. When two members of the board are devoted to be fan representatives, this seems a little strange to me. I’ll definitely be pushing hard to address this.

Cheers,

Charlene
    Are you aware that they are a commercial concern? That they have scant regard for copyright laws, and arguably have taken money that should have been the club's?

To say that they are a fans' group is naive IMO.

Are you aware that they are a commercial concern? That they have scant regard for copyright laws, and arguably have taken money that should have been the club's?

To say that they are a fans' group is naive IMO.

My impression is no matter what Charlene says you have it in for her. She's on here as is Amit and Tracey. As a fans rep she is doing a lot of communicating and will learn. There's a lot she has said that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by andyf5 View Post
    My impression is no matter what Charlene says you have it in for her. She's on here as is Amit and Tracey. As a fans rep she is doing a lot of communicating and will learn. There's a lot she has said that makes sense.
    Hang on, I actually think it's a very fair question and one I'm sure Charlene won't have any issue in answering.

If she is elected, any relationship or support garnered from a private enterprise, making money on the back of possible copyright infringement of Hibernian FC merchandise should be clarified. Don't you think so?

Maybe she is unaware and CWG is doing her a favour by bringing it to her attention.

Quote Originally Posted by andyf5 View Post
    It's just not the case that I have it in for her.

I have no time for HR. That's been the case for a long time, and I've been consistent on here in that respect.

I've asked Charlene to clarify her relationship with them. Given what I've said about HR, her answer may affect my attitude (and that of others) to her candidacy.

I was similarly uneasy about Pat's candidacy because of their endorsement of him.

Last edited by CropleyWasGod; 04-02-2017 at 07:43 PM.

Hang on, I actually think it's a very fair question and one I'm sure Charlene won't have any issue in answering.

If she is elected, any relationship or support garnered from a private enterprise, making money on the back of possible copyright infringement of Hibernian FC merchandise should be clarified. Don't you think so?

Maybe she is unaware and CWG is doing her a favour by bringing it to her attention.

Hi Dave,

More than happy to answer your questions, can I just check what it is that concerns you? You mention relationships, I can confirm I don't have any pre-existing relationships with fan groups, other than being signed up to HSL which I've mentioned previously.

I've been in touch with various groups since I was confirmed as a candidate, including Hibs Retro, and they kindly offered to endorse me.

I hope this answers your question.

Cheers,

Charlene

Hi Charlene.

Are you married?

Ta. :o)

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    It's just not the case that I have it in for her.

I have no time for HR. That's been the case for a long time, and I've been consistent on here in that respect.

I've asked Charlene to clarify her relationship with them. Given what I've said about HR, her answer may affect my attitude (and that of others) to her candidacy.

I was similarly uneasy about Pat's candidacy because of their endorsement of him.

Ditto

Hi Dave,

More than happy to answer your questions, can I just check what it is that concerns you? You mention relationships, I can confirm I don't have any pre-existing relationships with fan groups, other than being signed up to HSL which I've mentioned previously.

I've been in touch with various groups since I was confirmed as a candidate, including Hibs Retro, and they kindly offered to endorse me.

I hope this answers your question.

Cheers,

Charlene
    It may be a concern (and one I think CWG was also trying to emphasise) that if you are elected to the board, would you have an association with a private business who have (certainly in the past, don't know about now) made money on Hibernian FC copyrighted merchandise - thereby possibly depriving the club of that income. If that's not a problem to you, then fair do's, but I think that is where CWG is coming from.

It may be a concern (and one I think CWG was also trying to emphasise) that if you are elected to the board, would you have an association with a private business who have (certainly in the past, don't know about now) made money on Hibernian FC copyrighted merchandise - thereby possibly depriving the club of that income. If that's not a problem to you, then fair do's, but I think that is where CWG is coming from.
    It is.

I think that part of the issue is...and Charlene, you perhaps missed my question on this ....you perhaps don't appreciate that HR are not a "fan's group" in the way most of us would define it. They are a commercial enterprise.

@hibs.net private member
    [QUOTE=CropleyWasGod;4933587]It is.

I think that part of the issue is...and Charlene, you perhaps missed my question on this ....you perhaps don't appreciate that HR are not a "fan's group" in the way most of us would define it. They are a commercial enterprise.

We might soon see signed photos of Charlene on HR if she wins

It is.

I think I've clarified that I don't have an association, they just happen to have endorsed me.

I take your point that they may not be a typical fan groups, but as I see it the role of supporters rep will involve talking to as many groups as possible.

I think that shows that I will not be beholden to any one group, I've said from my first statement, online and in the hustings that I want to get as many views as possible into the boardroom, and increase the communication coming back to all fans (not just select groups).

Cheers,

Charlene

Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    Hi Charlene.

Are you married?

Ta. :o)
    Hi 3pm,

Yeah, I'm married - tonight's questions definitely seem to be relationship themed.

Charlene

I think I've clarified that I don't have an association, they just happen to have endorsed me.

I take your point that they may not be a typical fan groups, but as I see it the role of supporters rep will involve talking to as many groups as possible.

I think that shows that I will not be beholden to any one group, I've said from my first statement, online and in the hustings that I want to get as many views as possible into the boardroom, and increase the communication coming back to all fans (not just select groups).

Cheers,

Charlene
    Okay, I hear you.

It's clear that you don't understand that their way of operating deprives the Club of income. That's a view that's held on here, on the Bounce and, perhaps most importantly, within the Club itself.

Thanks for your time.