hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinfaePorty View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Having just returned to this thread after yesterday afternoon and notice my previous posts were removed as being 'guff'
    Martin, I had to remove a monumental amount of nonsense of this thread so the OP could get a chance to discuss matters. If I hoovered yours up, then if was accidental and a result of the carnage caused by petty bickering throughout the thread.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member MartinfaePorty's Avatar
    PS Having read back your previous replies, I concur with your comments re shifting priorities. At the time the new East Stand was being built I suggested having a standing section and received little support. Also, a number of years ago, I made a suggestion that the concourse areas could do with being brightened up with murals etc and, once again, this was not popular. These 2 issues now appear to be gathering support, so I believe an open mind to all ideas is one of the most important traits for a fan rep on the board.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member MartinfaePorty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    Martin, I had to remove a monumental amount of nonsense of this thread so the OP could get a chance to discuss matters. If I hoovered yours up, then if was accidental and a result of the carnage caused by petty bickering throughout the thread.
    No worries. I think some of my comments were probably more appropriate for the general board on the candidates so have tried to be more specific to directing a question to Charlene this time. Cheers!

Charlene

Thanks for posting here

If you were unsuccessful in the election, which statistically is likely for every candidate, what steps will you pledge to take to put in place any of the improvements you suggest?

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    Hello candidates ,

When and why did you decide that you were interested in the post at Hibs?

What kind of influence , if any, do you think you will have.

Cheers
    Hi there,

A couple of friends nominated me for the post and I then went along to the meeting to get some more information. I took time to think about the commitment needed in the post and if I thought I would do a good enough job on behalf of the fans. Spoke with my husband and my football dad and really gave it all great consideration as you can't go into this half heartedly. I will give this 110% because I'm passionate about it.

I have a good relationship with a few people at the club due to the Working Together Meetings and through my business package I had last season which is good, as I think if there are good relationships there already it helps to have discussions. With Fans News we also built up some great relationships in order to get tours of the training centre and interviews with players. First and foremost I'm a supporter and I like everyone else have my own opinions on matters. My views at times or my representation of views/feedback may differ with those at the club but I will always act on the Supporters behalf. I will treat this like anything I would with my business to get the best outcome. I've sacked clients in my business if the fit isn't right so I'm no pushover and will always ensure everything is listened to. I will be noting everything down that I speak to the club that isn't confidential and track it. I think adding those who have asked the questions to the system I will use will be beneficial as well. It then gives you a clear picture of when I've had discussions and if it's been followed up. For those who aren't online I would find another of way of feeding this back such as phone or face to face. These are all ideas at the moment but will to take on board any suggestions any supporter may have. At the end of the day we all love this club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First Team Breakthrough
    First of all thanks to all the candidates for being brave and committed enough to stand - I do know it's not an easy decision to make nor to follow up on. After and during the last election I suggested that all 17 candidates (far too many IMO) should get together successful or not and share the ideas they wanted to bring to the role. It never happened. Do you think it should? Which other candidate do you think you would work with most effectively and why? (I've sort of explained my personal view on another post ie for me it's Amit and Charlene or Tracy but good luck to all candidates).

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by happyhibbie View Post
    Charlene, welcome to hibs.net

I share your views on atmosphere & like you sit in the FF stand (lower) what are your views on a standing section in the lower FF with drummers/singers etc ?

I love my seat, as does my Wife, Neice & Nephews & have no intention of moving. How do you see an improvement without disruption/upheaval ?

This to Tracey Smith & others..

HH
    Hi,

I've struggled with this one too. I love my seat in the FF lower also with my 2 girls. I really wouldn't want to move either if I'm honest. I do get though why the drummers/singing section would like the move to the FF lower behind the goals. It would take a lot of time to organise as well. So much planning would need to go into it as well pricing structures as it is obviously that little bit cheaper for families in the FF Lower. Atmosphere is something that we are currently looking at as one of the Working Together Groups which I'm part of with Amit leading this group. The matchday experience has to be appealing to everyone.

A standing section is something that wouldn't be looked at at the moment by the club. The cost involved is heavy and for me we don't need that right now as promotion is what should be in the clubs mind and spending any money to get us up. Just my thoughts though.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by traceyhibs View Post
    Hi there,

A couple of friends nominated me for the post and I then went along to the meeting to get some more information. I took time to think about the commitment needed in the post and if I thought I would do a good enough job on behalf of the fans. Spoke with my husband and my football dad and really gave it all great consideration as you can't go into this half heartedly. I will give this 110% because I'm passionate about it.

I have a good relationship with a few people at the club due to the Working Together Meetings and through my business package I had last season which is good, as I think if there are good relationships there already it helps to have discussions. With Fans News we also built up some great relationships in order to get tours of the training centre and interviews with players. First and foremost I'm a supporter and I like everyone else have my own opinions on matters. My views at times or my representation of views/feedback may differ with those at the club but I will always act on the Supporters behalf. I will treat this like anything I would with my business to get the best outcome. I've sacked clients in my business if the fit isn't right so I'm no pushover and will always ensure everything is listened to. I will be noting everything down that I speak to the club that isn't confidential and track it. I think adding those who have asked the questions to the system I will use will be beneficial as well. It then gives you a clear picture of when I've had discussions and if it's been followed up. For those who aren't online I would find another of way of feeding this back such as phone or face to face. These are all ideas at the moment but will to take on board any suggestions any supporter may have. At the end of the day we all love this club.

Thanks very much.
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

Hi,

I've struggled with this one too. I love my seat in the FF lower also with my 2 girls. I really wouldn't want to move either if I'm honest. I do get though why the drummers/singing section would like the move to the FF lower behind the goals. It would take a lot of time to organise as well. So much planning would need to go into it as well pricing structures as it is obviously that little bit cheaper for families in the FF Lower. Atmosphere is something that we are currently looking at as one of the Working Together Groups which I'm part of with Amit leading this group. The matchday experience has to be appealing to everyone.

A standing section is something that wouldn't be looked at at the moment by the club. The cost involved is heavy and for me we don't need that right now as promotion is what should be in the clubs mind and spending any money to get us up. Just my thoughts though.

Thanks for the reply Tracey 👍

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    A lot of stuff I agree with here, serious well said from me one question that I think is important as I reflect on the previous two years.

Would you feel better placed to communicate both ways between fans and board on the issues you highlight if you were an elected fans representative but without a seat on the board?

Same question to any other candidates looking in
    That's a good question. I think either would work for me. I think also the fact I've built up some good relationships with people at the club helps as not everything that fans want to feedback on are necessarily needed to be discussed at board level, but can be discussed with the relevant person at the club. I feed a lot of things back to the club via the Working Together Group meetings and then come back to the person with the reply or who to contact to get action. Not sure if that answers the question completely for you.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    That's a good question. I think either would work for me. I think also the fact I've built up some good relationships with people at the club helps as not everything that fans want to feedback on are necessarily needed to be discussed at board level, but can be discussed with the relevant person at the club. I feed a lot of things back to the club via the Working Together Group meetings and then come back to the person with the reply or who to contact to get action. Not sure if that answers the question completely for you.

Thank you Tracey, to be honest I don't think anyone can truly act only in the interests of the fans in this particular role. Simply because it is a traditional directors seat.

The nearest I can see to something workable is in jonnyboy's post above. An official liaison unrestricted, the issue then is other than on a trust basis how do we know we're hearing everything we should hear or want to hear? Probably can't now!

Maybe an HSL director with member accountability and a block of shares behind them is the way forward?

Thanks for replying

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by andyf5 View Post
    Charlene

Thanks for posting here

If you were unsuccessful in the election, which statistically is likely for every candidate, what steps will you pledge to take to put in place any of the improvements you suggest?
    Hi Andyf,

You're of course right, 7 of the 9 will be unsuccessful. I love the club and want what's best, and I feel I can be an effective fan representative and would be keen to do all I can to help.

However, we are having a vote, and should the fans not choose me I would not want to get in the way or step on the toes of the successful candidates.

I'd be very open to cooperating as much as I can, and if there was anything I could do to help the successful candidates then I would, but I can't list specific actions as I feel it would be appropriate to give the successful candidates space to manage their role as they see best.

@hibs.net private member
    Hi Charlene,

When elections come round to have an idea who im voting for, i.e. I have to put a face to he messages, could you put up a pic please so I can see who you are, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 147lothian View Post
    Hi Charlene,

When elections come round to have an idea who im voting for, i.e. I have to put a face to he messages, could you put up a pic please so I can see who you are, thanks
    Just go in to the Official site. The profiles of all the candidates are there.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Just go in to the Official site. The profiles of all the candidates are there.
    Thanks for that

@hibs.net private member Gerard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by C Feeney-Seale View Post
    Hi Andyf,

You're of course right, 7 of the 9 will be unsuccessful. I love the club and want what's best, and I feel I can be an effective fan representative and would be keen to do all I can to help.

However, we are having a vote, and should the fans not choose me I would not want to get in the way or step on the toes of the successful candidates.

I'd be very open to cooperating as much as I can, and if there was anything I could do to help the successful candidates then I would, but I can't list specific actions as I feel it would be appropriate to give the successful candidates space to manage their role as they see best.
    The club have working together which allows the club and fans to particpate in making our club a better one on and off the pitch. I have been attending this group for some time and IMO it is a way in which the fans can contribute to improving the club. My interest has been in growing the fan base. the next meeting will focus on
    1)Wear Your Colours - John Miller
    2)Stadium Improvements
    3)Atmosphere/Experience/Fans Guide - Amit Moudgil
    The club is fortunate to have 9 very capable candidates who are standing for the two positions as directors. I hope that the 7 who are not elected will find other ways to make our club a better one. WT may provide one option in this regard.
    Last edited by Gerard; 28-01-2017 at 02:44 PM.

First Team Breakthrough
    Thank you Tracey, to be honest I don't think anyone can truly act only in the interests of the fans in this particular role. Simply because it is a traditional directors seat.

The nearest I can see to something workable is in jonnyboy's post above. An official liaison unrestricted, the issue then is other than on a trust basis how do we know we're hearing everything we should hear or want to hear? Probably can't now!

Maybe an HSL director with member accountability and a block of shares behind them is the way forward?

Thanks for replying
    That's no problem. Respect your opinion on this. There are supporters who are not a fan of this role and I get that. Whoever is elected will need to work hard to gain those supporters trust.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    That's no problem. Respect your opinion on this. There are supporters who are not a fan of this role and I get that. Whoever is elected will need to work hard to gain those supporters trust.

Was pro the experiment and will be voting again for whoever convinces me they can do the best job of working with what we have and to improve it.

Good luck

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

First Team Breakthrough
    Was pro the experiment and will be voting again for whoever convinces me they can do the best job of working with what we have and to improve it.

Good luck
    Thank you. Up against very stiff competition and it's great to see another female in there as well.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Hi,

M

Nice to hear that one of the new candidates (the others make _no_ references) has actively participated in working together.

I'd suggest that this probably gives arguable the next best thing to gaining insight into some of the challenges of getting things done, how folks have/are tackling it and the constraints. I mean if you're serious why would you not participate (it's like not doing part of your research) ?
    Last edited by Viva_Palmeiras; 28-01-2017 at 05:24 PM.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    Nice to hear that one of the reps (the others make _no_ references) has actively participated in working together.

I'd suggest that this probably gives arguable the next best thing to gaining insight into some of the challenges of getting things done, how folks have/are tackling it and the constraints. I mean if you're serious why would you not participate (it's like not doing part of your research) ?
    They are great meetings and increasing attendance would be something I'd like to look at. Great platform for fans and we are also looking at way of making it more accessible for people who can't attend but want to get involved. I'm sure one of the requirements of this role when it was posted was to attend these. Frank and Amit do attend these also and give updates there.

They are great meetings and increasing attendance would be something I'd like to look at. Great platform for fans and we are also looking at way of making it more accessible for people who can't attend but want to get involved. I'm sure one of the requirements of this role when it was posted was to attend these. Frank and Amit do attend these also and give updates there.

Sorry didn't mean to misrepresent.

Id imagine it would be a requirement for the role and the incumbents and possibly Pat have attended. Just odd if folks want to pitch in that they wouldn't have already attended even to just get a feel. I know there's also a lot to be said for a fresh pair of eyes. Maybe it's something future candidates might want to consider? I'm not suggesting its a prerequisite just I think would provide a useful insight.

Dunno if my questions to Charlene got lost in the crossfire but they are still here...

Quote Originally Posted by guthrie01 View Post
    Hi Charlene

Since there are 2 positions open for fan reps, which other nominee which you like to work alongside and think would bring the most out of the position along with yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leith Mo View Post
    First of all thanks to all the candidates for being brave and committed enough to stand - I do know it's not an easy decision to make nor to follow up on. After and during the last election I suggested that all 17 candidates (far too many IMO) should get together successful or not and share the ideas they wanted to bring to the role. It never happened. Do you think it should? Which other candidate do you think you would work with most effectively and why? (I've sort of explained my personal view on another post ie for me it's Amit and Charlene or Tracy but good luck to all candidates).
    Hi Guthrie and Leith Mo,

Hope you don’t mind me answering these questions together.

In terms of working with other candidates – I don’t have strong feelings one way or the other. There are 8 other candidates in my view who all offer something valuable, and I don’t think anyone’s desire to do this role well can be questioned.

The specific suggestions I’ve made about how I’d like to approach the role if successful can easily be approached together, or independently without stepping on the other reps toes.

I’ve got experience working with lots of different parties with different priorities, so I’m sure I’d be able to establish a productive working relationship with whoever else is selected, should I be selected myself.

Leith Mo – in terms of working with the successful candidates should I not be selected, I’d definitely be open to this. My only hesitation would be that the successful candidates, whoever they are, should be allowed to operate in the role in they way they have pledged to – I wouldn’t want to get in the way. I’ll respect the result of the vote – and if I’m not selected I’ll definitely be available to help however I can, but won’t be a thorn in the side of those chosen. Ultimately, whatever the result of the election, I want the fan reps to be a success.

Nice to hear that one of the new candidates (the others make _no_ references) has actively participated in working together.

Hi VivaPalmeiras,

I agree that the working together initiative is a good thing – after all its another way to open the club up to the fans, and to get fans views considered. While I haven’t been I along yet, if I were chosen as one of the fan reps I agree this would be a great way to take the pulse of a selection of fans. However, as I’ve said before I’m cautious about relying on any one method of getting fans views – this can definitely be a part of that, but not every fan can attend these sessions, and I don’t want to prioritise or exclude the views of any one section of the fan base.

Cheers,

Charlene

Some of you may have already seen this, but all 9 candidates for the supporters representative will be at the Hibs club, Sunnyside on Tuesday evening for a meet and great session with fans. More information here.

The club will also be streaming the event live for supporters who cannot attend, and I've asked if it will be possible for fans following the stream to ask questions of the candidates. I'll let you know when I hear anything more.

Hope to meet some of you there, and in the meantime more than happy to take any questions you may have online.

Cheers,

Charlene

Folks that have worked for PwC are made of sterner stuff.

In that regard Charlene how would you see yourself building relationships within the board with folks that might see you From management consultancy background as bit of a threat?

How would you as an out of towner manage to balance commitments?

Are you familiar with the work of lets work together and working together, perhaps you may have attended ?

What are your insights as to the initiatives successes and real challenges that they just for some reason don't seem to be able to get past?
    How do you think you could address that?

tracking comments and themes that get blocked / stalled / punted into the long grass - won't working together have that anyway? Is it better to focus on understanding the profile of our support base and tackling the reoccurring issu of a patchy supporters database or would you bake that in too?

And finally - were you on the pitch ;) ?

Good luck and well done for putting yourself forward and adding a different dimension.

apologies for the bad typing / capitalisation probs - the iPad is an editing nightmare tonight.
    Hi VivaPalmeiras,

Apologies, I’ve missed some of this message.

In terms of working with the board, I wouldn’t imagine that I’d be seen as a threat. My background as a consultant means I have experience of working with senior executives, understanding their priorities and so I’ll be able to structure my interventions effectively to give the board the information they need to fully appreciate supporters views.

In terms of balancing commitments, I have travelled for years to support Hibs – although I grew up in Edinburgh I studied in Aberdeen and Germany, and have made the trip frequently from London. The train from London is only a little more than an hour longer than the train to Aberdeen, and I do work from Edinburgh on a regular basis as well, so I’m confident I will continue to get to games and club events to meet with supporters, and have the time to attend board meetings. I’ve also spent a considerable amount of time volunteering with Marie Curie, as chairwoman of the first West of Edinburgh fundraising group a few years ago – so I am experienced at juggling commitments.

I haven’t yet attended working together, but as mentioned in my other reply I do plan to. Working together definitely sounds like a valuable part of engaging with fans – but it leaves the onus on fans being able to attend these meetings at set times. I think the supporters reps really do need to look beyond just one or two sources of views, we need to make sure all sections of the supporters are feeding into the big decisions. Who knows, one of these issues that has stalled might be a frustration shared by only a very small proportion of the support, or it could be an issue which impacts almost everyone. If we can get this kind of information, then we can help fans understand why some issues are being prioritised, or show the board than this is an issue which really should not be left on the back-burner.

And finally, no, I wasn’t on the pitch!

Cheers,

Charlene

Blog Entries
    Hi Brog,
    Yeah, I currently live in London, but I travel regularly back to Scotland to visit family and get to Hibs games, home and away. I also work from Edinburgh fairly regularly, at least once per month. I can commit that I’ll be able to attend all the board meetings, and I’ll be at the games to speak with other supporters.
    Look forward to meeting you at the Burns night tomorrow.
    Cheers,
    Charlene
    Was good to meet you Charlene. The effort you've made in fully answering so many & varied questions, certainly shows your diligence & commitment to the position. Good luck!

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinfaePorty View Post
    Having just returned to this thread after yesterday afternoon and notice my previous posts were removed as being 'guff', I will try to frame what I was trying to articulate in a direct question to the candidate (I assume this was what the issue was).

I've got to listen to the "guff" every other Saturday 😂😂😂.

On topic, welcome Charlene and good luck in the campaign.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

Some of you may have already seen this, but all 9 candidates for the supporters representative will be at the Hibs club, Sunnyside on Tuesday evening for a meet and great session with fans. More information here.

The club will also be streaming the event live for supporters who cannot attend, and I've asked if it will be possible for fans following the stream to ask questions of the candidates. I'll let you know when I hear anything more.

Hope to meet some of you there, and in the meantime more than happy to take any questions you may have online.

Cheers,

Charlene
    Short update on this, the club have confirmed that there will not be a way for fans watching online to submit questions. However, more than happy to take any questions you may have here.

Cheers,

Charlene

Is it only Charlene and Traey engaging with Hibs.Net
    Last time round thete seemed to be a lot more candidates doing this
    Voted for Amit last year as he was one of the first to come on here and engage
    Will obviously wait and see after tomorrows hustings who else is being proactive
    Apologies if i have missed other threads with other candidates
    But so far i feel Charlene is giving the most information and clearly working hard to get folk on Board despite being based in London a lot of the time which seems to be an issue for some
    She certainly couldnt get to the amount of events Frank gets to but she is certainly willing to canvas views and engagev